Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Fake Meat

“It tastes just like real meat” so what is the point? It has the same amount of fat and sodium as real meat and is 100% processed. Who are they marketing to and why? I don’t see any reason to even try this stuff.

only libtards are gonna eat that chit on purpose 

I agree it’s really stupid given that it’s no healthier for you than real beef. Which is pretty bizarre because how’d they get so much saturated fat in there with no real beef??

The only reason I can see is environmental. Cows and their farts are bad for the environment plus we kill a fock ton of them. So ethical/environmental. But I don’t think that’s a big market share in itself so instead I think they’re just hoping people will assume it must be healthier even though it isn’t.

• Thanks 1

Were buffalos farts bad from rnthe environment? Because there were a lot more of them than cows for thousands of years. 

• Thanks 1

it just makes me feel green, woke and earthy. and cleanses me of my gender.

ETA: point of priviledge

Hopefully it is full of carcinogens. The people who would go out of their way to buy fake meat deserve them. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Were buffalos farts bad from rnthe environment? Because there were a lot more of them than cows for thousands of years. 

I honestly don’t know. I know that’s what the vegan types say. I am not one of them :dunno:

I think once you're past 50, eating healthy - what's the point? You've seen about all you're gonna see, done about everything you wanna do.

Who in da fock wants to live to be 100 anyway? I say at that age indulge and live a little - while you're still relatively young enuff to move around well and enjoy it.

I doubt most fake meat products, even the mass produced type, have as many calories or as much saturated fat as a comparable meat product. 

The vegetarians I’ve met either don’t eat meat because it’s a lower fat / calorie diet or for animal rights or environmental reasons. The biggest environmental impact of eating meat is the need to transport the beef all over the country. Not a lot of cattle ranches here in the NE.

I like vegetarian food but it’s usually bad when they’re trying to imitate meat.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I doubt most fake meat products, even the mass produced type, have as many calories or as much saturated fat as a comparable meat product. 

The vegetarians I’ve met either don’t eat meat because it’s a lower fat / calorie diet or for animal rights or environmental reasons. The biggest environmental impact of eating meat is the need to transport the beef all over the country. Not a lot of cattle ranches here in the NE.

I like vegetarian food but it’s usually bad when they’re trying to imitate meat.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fake-meat-alternatives-are-plant-based-meats-actually-healthier-than-meat/

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

You realize you can be vegetarian without eating “fake meat alternatives,” right? 

You wrote..." I doubt most fake meat products, even the mass produced type, have as many calories or as much saturated fat as a comparable meat product."

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

You wrote..." I doubt most fake meat products, even the mass produced type, have as many calories or as much saturated fat as a comparable meat product."

Most yeah. 

Yeah even the CEO of Whole Foods came out and said the impossible burger, or beyond burger, or both, whichever one they started, are NOT healthy.  They are meant as an alternative to the killing of animals. Period. Not for the environment, not for better health, simply because people don't want to kill animals anymore.

I'm perfectly fine with that.  Don't force it on me or judge me cause I still like a real burger.  If your conscience makes you want to eat these things, then go for it man.  Just don't fool yourself into thinking it's healthy.  In fact, in a handful of years we will probably find out that these things are actually worse for you, because of the massive amount of processing, fat  and salt in them. So you will die early, but you saved a couple cows  YIPPEE!!!

By the way, I've had gardein meatballs..they aren't bad.  

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought this was a thread about lesbians with strap-ons.  :mad:

I thought it was going to be about John Wayne Bobbitt.  :shocking:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

I would shoot a load of my protein on that doctor in the video.  :banana:

Also I would like to see a "Super Size Me" where somebody only eats that garbage for a month.  I read an interview with the founder of Whole Foods (a Vegan); they basically gave both Impossible and Beyond their starts.  Even he says they are no healthier than a beef burger, maybe worse.  

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Fact: The Vegan diet is more detrimental to the environment than an omnivorous diet.

Really, how so?

I bought meatless meatballs and I thought they taste delicious. However, it gave me a weird feeling, like I had eaten something very unhealthy. Kind of like how you feel after eating Ramen Noodles or Chinese food. I never feel good, just fed but not healthy.

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really, how so?

If we drastically cut down on meat (specifically red meat), consumption - The Green New Deal fantasy - then the land would need to be harvested at a much higher rate.  The soil can't replenish it's nutrients fast enough for a mass migration to vegetarianism and veganism.  Also, the necessary cultivation of land would actually create more carbon emissions that what we do now with our current dietary situation.  The environment would seriously be harmed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If we drastically cut down on meat (specifically red meat), consumption - The Green New Deal fantasy - then the land would need to be harvested at a much higher rate.  The soil can't replenish it's nutrients fast enough for a mass migration to vegetarianism and veganism.  Also, the necessary cultivation of land would actually create more carbon emissions that what we do now with our current dietary situation.  The environment would seriously be harmed.

Below is a fascinating TED talk on "desertification," which is fancy for "land turning into desert."  The solution, remarkably, is controlled herds which eat plants, poop, pee, and move on.  It's 22 minutes but if you are interested in climate change and how fossil fuels are not the only problem (or as he argues, not the primary problem), it is worth a watch.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

The law of unintended consequences must certainly be considered. Of course, it’s also a frequent rallying cry for those who want nothing done

7 hours ago, MDC said:

as opposed to all the farms up there?

When a new product comes out, corporations pimp the hell out of it.  Then 10 years later, research comes out that it causes you to grow a second head.  I'll pass for a decade until I see what science comes out.

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

as opposed to all the farms up there?

Yes. 

14 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The law of unintended consequences must certainly be considered. Of course, it’s also a frequent rallying cry for those who want nothing done

The unintended consequences are never considered though, by certain people.  When they're brought up, their ideas are shut down.  That's the problem.

I told a friend (though I think "friend" is too strong of a word - but I don't dislike him at all), who said "everyone should be forced to be vegetarians, or preferably, vegan", what I posted above.  I also included what I believe is in Jerry's video that he posted (haven't watched it yet though at the time of this post), that the only way to preserve the lands would be massive animal grazing and what not, to help enrich the soil.  The thing is, with the carbon emissions from the harvesting and cultivation, plus the "cow farts", you'd be doing more harm to the environment than good... and making things worse than what they are now.  His response: "You're just an idiot who wants the world to end".  :dunno:

The people who 'want to save the planet', always seem to be the ones destroying it.  The people who wanted to use plastic to save the trees?  How's that looking right now?  The increase use of plastic slowed the depletion of trees over the last 20+ years, but nothing at all to the level they claimed it would.  Now, plastic is a bigger enemy than deforestation.  In essence, they created a problem worse than the one we had.  Of course, those of us who look skeptically at them, ignore this fact and call us the enemy.

The unintended consequences are never considered though, by certain people.  When they're brought up, their ideas are shut down.  That's the problem.

I told a friend (though I think "friend" is too strong of a word - but I don't dislike him at all), who said "everyone should be forced to be vegetarians, or preferably, vegan", what I posted above.  I also included what I believe is in Jerry's video that he posted (haven't watched it yet though at the time of this post), that the only way to preserve the lands would be massive animal grazing and what not, to help enrich the soil.  The thing is, with the carbon emissions from the harvesting and cultivation, plus the "cow farts", you'd be doing more harm to the environment than good... and making things worse than what they are now.  His response: "You're just an idiot who wants the world to end".  :dunno:

The people who 'want to save the planet', always seem to be the ones destroying it.  The people who wanted to use plastic to save the trees?  How's that looking right now?  The increase use of plastic slowed the depletion of trees over the last 20+ years, but nothing at all to the level they claimed it would.  Now, plastic is a bigger enemy than deforestation.  In essence, they created a problem worse than the one we had.  Of course, those of us who look skeptically at them, ignore this fact and call us the enemy.

That’s just silly. The people destroying the planet is industry. Mostly the fossil fuel industry but also, yes, farming and ranching and building. Now obviously industry is necessary and this is all ultimately consumer driven. But to say the environmentalists are the ones destroying the planet...cmon man, get a hold of yourself 

If Digby the doctor ate the fake meat, how many calories would that be? 

17 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Ah, the big lie, people don’t want to do anything. We have been doing something for decades. We lead the world in carbon emission reduction but not to change the temperature of the earth but to have a clean environment. If you think man can control the earths temperature you are a fool. Get a life and stop spreading lies.

Aunt Voula:
What do you mean he don't eat no meat?

Aunt Voula:
Oh, that's okay. I make lamb.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s just silly. The people destroying the planet is industry. Mostly the fossil fuel industry but also, yes, farming and ranching and building. Now obviously industry is necessary and this is all ultimately consumer driven. But to say the environmentalists are the ones destroying the planet...cmon man, get a hold of yourself 

Keep hugging that tree and living in your dream world my friend.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, IGotWorms said:

Are we doing conspiracy theories in this thread now? How about:

Progress must certainly be considered. Of course, it’s also a frequent rallying cry for those who want to destroy everything and establish a leftist dictatorship.

3 hours ago, riversco said:

Are we doing conspiracy theories in this thread now? How about:

Progress must certainly be considered. Of course, it’s also a frequent rallying cry for those who want to destroy everything and establish a leftist dictatorship.

:wacko: