Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Fake Meat

Yeah its got no meat..but it is HIGHLY processed and just generally bad.  I think the sheep that flock to these things are seeing that finally.

My liberal hippie sister in law (34b) went crazy for them...But once she really read up on them and noticed the unbelievable amount of packaging they use and how wasteful it is, she has decided that their negatives far outweigh the one benefit of no meat.   

Just stop trying to eat a hamburger if you are a veg for gods sake.  

Keep your fake shlt meat patty. I'll take a real meat patty melt anytime and am healthier for it.

I had a Popeye's chicken sandwich yesterday for the first time. I usually am not a fried chicken sandwich dude, but we wanted to try it so why not. It was pretty darn good. I ordered the spicy and I like that they put the spice in the mayo rather than in the fried batter. 

When I go to KC though, I go to Stroud's for my favorite slow cooked pan fried chicken. That's better than anything as far as I'm concerned.

Fake meat. :rolleyes: Is that one of Greta's parent's creations? 

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Burger King is cutting the price of its Impossible Whopper, the faux-meat burger it introduced last year, as sales start to slip.
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-01-22/burger-king-cuts-impossible-whopper-price-as-sales-slow

My wife and I would like to get one just out of curiosity.  I'd imagine most of their early sales were for similar reasons vs the high demand for fake meat. 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

My wife and I would like to get one just out of curiosity.  I'd imagine most of their early sales were for similar reasons vs the high demand for fake meat. 

Yep..Have to keep that in mind...Remember this is a nation where people waited HOURS for a chicken sandwich.  We are dumb and getting dumber.  And as a rule we are easily hyped up.  Boring lives I guess

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

My daughter is vegan and likes them; I've tried hers and it tastes pretty much like meat.  Seemed a little dry and the texture wasn't quite right, but that happens with real burgers at fast food joints.  If I hadn't known I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Thankfully she knows they are no better health-wise than a real burger so she usually eats actual vegetables instead of that crap.

The type of guy that doesn't eat real meat is the same type of guy that doesn't want to fock a real pusssy. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The type of guy that doesn't eat real meat is the same type of guy that doesn't want to fock a real pusssy. 

I don't eat meat and my wife is exponentially hotter than anything u are focking

Book it

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I don't eat meat and my wife is exponentially hotter than anything u are focking

Book it

Doubtful, but congrats. :thumbsup:

Interesting this thread popped up now. We are finishing up the new impossible whopper room in the next week. Fake meat is taking off.

• Confused 1

Hey, as long as BYND stock keeps rising and falling and I can keep trading it, GO FAKE MEAT!

20 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Interesting this thread popped up now. We are finishing up the new impossible whopper room in the next week. Fake meat is taking off.

Not sure why I got a confused look here. My company did the piping for the impossible whopper production room. If you're confused about fake meat taking off read about fake meat taking off. 

19 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Not sure why I got a confused look here. My company did the piping for the impossible whopper production room. If you're confused about fake meat taking off read about fake meat taking off. 

I will go back to the OP, why? I don’t get it, what is the point?

I remember when processed foods were considered unhealthy. Who changed the rules?

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I will go back to the OP, why? I don’t get it, what is the point?

i remember when processed foods were considered unhealthy. Who change the rules?

I dont know why people prefer it. It's touted as healthier. Idk how true that is. Idk how healthy Burger Kings beef patty is. 

Those things are full of estrogen. Eat it if you're into growing boobies.

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dont know why people prefer it. It's touted as healthier. Idk how true that is. Idk how healthy Burger Kings beef patty is. 

That is exactly my point! No one knows! This entire healthy/unhealthy is a bunch of crap. Meat is healthy as long as you don’t overdo it.

I eat on average about 4 oz of meat a day and there is no way I would be “healthier” if I didn’t eat it.

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

That is exactly my point! No one knows! This entire healthy/unhealthy is a bunch of crap. Meat is healthy as long as you don’t overdo it.

I eat on average about 4 oz of meat a day and there is no way I would be “healthier” if I didn’t eat it.

You are also not eating a burger King patty I assume. No way it's just plain ol ground beef

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You are also not eating a burger King patty I assume. No way it's just plain ol ground beef

I think it's probably mostly the salt and any sauces that are the most unhealthy depending on your physical activity level. For their real burgers that is. The fake ones are pure crap for you.

46 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I have not heard of anyone saying fake meat tastes better! So what is the point?

Nobody says that it tastes better, the "point" is that it tastes comparable to real meat.  If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you get to enjoy the taste and the convenience of driving thru.  :dunno:

Just now, jerryskids said:

Nobody says that it tastes better, the "point" is that it tastes comparable to real meat.  If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you get to enjoy the taste and the convenience of driving thru.  :dunno:

You are assuming they are depriving themselves of something they enjoy. The vegans I know don’t like the smell or taste of meat.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

You are assuming they are depriving themselves of something they enjoy. The vegans I know don’t like the smell or taste of meat.

My daughter is vegan and enjoys the smell and taste.  It gives me hope that she'll end it and get back to what I consider a healthier diet.  

China supplies a majority of the fake meat products' ingredients.

https://www.newsweek.com/against-grain-beyond-meat-its-rivals-rely-chinese-ingredients-opening-food-safety-debate-1501585

Here are some things you might not know are in that veggie burger:

Tertiary butylhydroquinone. TBHQ is a synthetic preservative that prevents discoloration in processed foods. The FDA limits the amount of TBHQ allowed in foods because studies of laboratory animals has found an association with TBHQ and cancer.

Magnesium carbonate. Remember when some bread was accused of having a yoga mat chemical? Well, magnesium carbonate, used in foods to retain color, is also used in flooring, fireproofing, and fire-extinguishing compounds.

Erythosine (Red #3). Red #3 is an artificial food coloring. The FDA banned the use of Red #3 in products such as cosmetics in 1990 after high doses of the substance were linked to cancer. But it can still be used in foods like fake meat.

Propylene glycol. Propylene glycol is an odorless, colorless liquid used as a moisturizer. It’s also used as a liquid in e-cigarettes and is the primary ingredient in antifreeze.

Ferric orthophosphate. Also called iron phosphate, this chemical is used to fortify foods. It can also be used as a pesticide to kill slugs and snails. While generally considered safe (for people) in food in small quantities, it can be a skin and eye irritant and may cause an upset stomach.

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/2019/05/5-chemicals-lurking-in-plant-based-meats/

The real definintion of a burger is:

Ground up cow. Shaped into a patty, grilled, and eaten however the fvck you wanna eat it.

Nothing else.

I went veggie for a couple of years. I had a doberman and the vet said she's getting old so prepare yourself. We started looking into holistic meds for her. While researching I found that in the slaughter house if they find a piece of meat with a tumor, they cut off the tumor and throw it in the dog food bin. And then the sell the meat that had the tumor for human consumption. That did it for me. No meat for a couple years. Outback broke me down. Oh, we started cooking for the dog and she lived to be 15 which is really good for a doberman. 

On 9/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought this was a thread about lesbians with strap-ons.  :mad:

I was coming here to post this same thing.