Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

So..there's DeMarcus Robinson on my waiver wire...

And I don't know who I should drop for him.

:mad:

...and I already have the Hard Man.

RBs: Jacob/Mack/Coleman/McCoy/Mattison

WRs: Julio/Godwin/JuJu/McLaurin/Hardman/AJ Green

TEs: Olsen/McDonald

Don't worry about it, or make a move? :dunno:

If it's a normal-sized league with normal starting lineups, you probly don't need to carry a 2nd TE, but I'd probly drop Hardman myself.  Robinson is more likely to have some residual value even after Hill returns, whereas Hardman is just Hill-redundant.

I had the same problem and decided to pass. Could regret it but Hardman has the talent whereas Demarcus looked like a career journeyman type right up to last week.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If it's a normal-sized league with normal starting lineups, you probly don't need to carry a 2nd TE, but I'd probly drop Hardman myself.  Robinson is more likely to have some residual value even after Hill returns, whereas Hardman is just Hill-redundant.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I had the same problem and decided to pass. Could regret it but Hardman has the talent whereas Demarcus looked like a career journeyman type right up to last week.

I'm going with Worms, here.  Hardman is a 1st rounder.  Robinson is a just a guy who happened to have a good game.  Up until last weekend he hasn't really done squat.

I would drop Hardman for Robinson, if your really interested in picking up Robinson. 

29 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Robinson is a just a guy who happened to have a good game.  Up until last weekend he hasn't really done squat.

You mean other than the three straight games with a TD to close out 2018?

(That makes 5 TDs in his last 5 games, for those scoring at home.)

47 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You mean other than the three straight games with a TD to close out 2018?

(That makes 5 TDs in his last 5 games, for those scoring at home.)

Yep.  even with that.

I think that I would stand pat, Mensa. You have a solid receiving squad. No one can predict who will end the year with the better fantasy season between Robinson and The Hard Man......but when comparing two players, I am always looking for that upside factor, which The Hard Man definitely has with Rocket-Arm chunking him the rock.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stonewall said:

No one can predict who will end the year with the better fantasy season between Robinson and The Hard Man...

I get it, you picked up Hardman as a sleeper, and you want to convince yourself it's a move that will pay off for you--but iIf you think Axe Elf is "no one," then you definitely need to enhance your Elf esteem.

Barring injury, Robinson will easily have the better fantasy season between he and Hardman, simply because Robinson won't be relegated to a redundant role once Tyreek Hill returns the way Hardman will be.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy...

...sorry about your sleeper.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I get it, you picked up Hardman as a sleeper, and you want to convince yourself it's a move that will pay off for you--but iIf you think Axe Elf is "no one," then you definitely need to enhance your Elf esteem.

Barring injury, Robinson will easily have the better fantasy season between he and Hardman, simply because Robinson won't be relegated to a redundant role once Tyreek Hill returns the way Hardman will be.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy...

...sorry about your sleeper.

Yeah ‘cause KC definitely spent a high draft pick on a guy just for him to be totally redundant 

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah ‘cause KC definitely spent a high draft pick on a guy just for him to be totally redundant 

They spent a high draft pick on a guy who could fill Tyreek Hill's role in their offense, if he were in fact to be blacklisted after the domestic violence investigation--which at the time the draft took place, was looking pretty likely, as evidenced by the fact that Tyreek Hill was only being drafted in summer fantasy league drafts as an 18th round flier.

Since Tyreek Hill was NOT disciplined, Hardman is now a redundant rookie who can take his time working his way into the offense, and filling in for Hill while he is out.

And now you know...

...the REST of the story.

• Like 1

No no no, you don’t drop Mattison. 

Hes just a upset Steeler fan. 

Misery loves company. 

Drop Hardman for Robinson. 

The thing is that mahomes is like a video game qb. He is not hitting a person.  He is hitting a player or a spot. Or a broken play. Hardman and robinson are the same player with hardman just being younger.  Mahomes has shown that all he needs is speed and sure hands and he can do the rest. Be ready for the ball. Run fast when you get it. 

5 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Hardman and robinson are the same player with hardman just being younger.

That's not really true.  It would be more accurate to say that Hardman and Hill are the same player, as Hardman has 4.33 speed to go with Hill's 4.29.  Robinson is more of a possession receiver, with only 4.59 speed.