Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Dede Westbrook - Week 3.... you got the guts?

Dede Westbrook's ADP was late-6th round.  The 3rd year WR was a SOLID value pick with Foles, considering 2018 stats (Bortles).

week 1)  6 targets, 5 rec, 30 yds, 1 TD  ...... what could've been

week 2)  5 targets, 1 rec,  3 yds    ............... the future?

Enter 6th-rnd draft pick rookie Mustache Minshew, who's gonna suck. But Westbrook is talented and as the Jags no. 1 WR will get the targets.... whether Mr. Mustache can throw remains to be seen.  All the articles and rankings say bail. I say it's too soon.  I'm starting him over slightly higher ranked WRs. I'm going down with the ship! Who's with me?

He’s worth a roster spot. 

Depending on ones WRs depth and matchups he’s worth a start. 

But again depends on you your starting him over and matchups, 

hey good luck. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Depending on ones WRs depth and matchups he’s worth a start.

That's mainly it. Titans defense ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass defense.... same as they finished in 2018. 

Home game vs soft defense.... what the hell.

Very interested to see if Chark solidifies his position as the true Jags WR1 tonight....or if Westbrook wrestles it back.

38 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Enter 6th-rnd draft pick rookie Mustache Minshew, who's gonna suck.  .... whether Mr. Mustache can throw remains to be seen.  

What makes you think he's gonna suck?

Gardner Minshew was an air raid QB for Mike Leach, who lured him away from East Carolina to lead the nation in passing (468 completions for 4,779 yards and 38 TDs) at Oregon State.  He finished 5th in the 2018 Heisman voting, and was the only player in the NCAA to record six 400-yard passing games and eleven 300-yard passing games that season.

After being thrust into unexpected action as a rookie for Jacksonville, he has currently completed 45 of 58 passes (77.6%) for 488 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.

He CAN throw, make no mistake about it; he just seems to be favoring Chark and Conley (13 and 12 targets respectively) as much as Westbrook (11 targets)--who isn't helping his case by catching only 1 of his 5 targets in Week 2.

That said, I'm being forced to leave Westbrook in a couple of lineups tonight myself. due to the injuries to AJ Green, Devin Funchess, Michael Gallup and Cody Latimer, so I'll be rooting for him.

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

99% of rookie QBs suck.  Peyton Manning sucked.  Hard to imagine it gets any better for 6th round rookies.  I did read about him at Washington State and he's got some skills.

I didn't know he finished 5th in the Heisman. That's cool. He's still gonna suck. I'm betting Dede's talent and Jags desire to get him the ball will make up some of that.

31 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Gardner Minshew was an air raid QB for Mike Leach, who lured him away from East Carolina to lead the nation in passing (468 completions for 4,779 yards and 38 TDs) at Oregon State.  He finished 5th in the 2018 Heisman voting, and was the only player in the NCAA to record six 400-yard passing games and eleven 300-yard passing games that season.

After being thrust into unexpected action as a rookie for Jacksonville, he has currently completed 45 of 58 passes (77.6%) for 488 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.

He CAN throw, make no mistake about it; he just seems to be favoring Chark and Conley (13 and 12 targets respectively) as much as Westbrook (11 targets)--who isn't helping his case by catching only 1 of his 5 targets in Week 2.

That said, I'm being forced to leave Westbrook in a couple of lineups tonight myself. due to the injuries to AJ Green, Devin Funchess, Michael Gallup and Cody Latimer, so I'll be rooting for him.

He played at Washington State.

8 minutes ago, fast80 said:

He played at Washington State.

You've seen one Great Northwest state, you've seen them all.

I raved about Westbrook's skills and bashed Minshew.....  Mr. Mustache throws a beautiful TD pass and Dede drops it.  Ya can't win.

Long live the Stash!

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I raved about Westbrook's skills and bashed Minshew..... 

Minshew would have easily had a 20+ fantasy point night if not for all of Westbrook's drops.

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

Very interested to see if Chark solidifies his position as the true Jags WR1 tonight....or if Westbrook wrestles it back.

Yup, Chark is the WR to own there. Still think that are a lot of mouths to feed there and Minshew, although not too shabby, is not a world beater. However, Chark is legit...and although I only own him in one league, was glad I inserted him into the lineup before kickoff.

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Yup, Chark is the WR to own there. Still think that are a lot of mouths to feed there and Minshew, although not too shabby, is not a world beater. However, Chark is legit...and although I only own him in one league, was glad I inserted him into the lineup before kickoff.

Minshew is still targeting the fork out of Westbrook though (for now); he was targeted 9 times to Chark's 5 and Conley's 3--and Westbrook could have had 2 TDs tonight to Chark's 1 if he would just stop using butter for gloves.

There's still hope for Westbrook owners, but only 6 catches on 14 targets in the last two games isn't a good look.

Chark catching balls at 83% efficiency and coming down with contested balls... only a matter of time before he's even more involved in this Jags offense. Potential top 15 WR IMO👍

Chark was someone I targeted in my Dynasty Rookie Drafts last year.  He was really raw, but his scouting reports were pretty darn good.  That kid can fly and he doesn't drop much.  Once he learns all the routes, he's going to be really good.  Maybe he's done so now?

Mineshew looked good to me.  While he may not be a world beater, it was not even his third full game.  They've been in the last two and neither team was a pushover.  He has earned some respect. 

week 3) 9 targets, 5 rec, 46 yds

9 targets is good.... drops are bad, especially that perfect TD pass.  Jags obviously wanted to get him the ball a lot and Minshew looked really good.  Maybe there's hope for Dede this season.

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Uh Minshew played at WASHINGTON STATE, unfortunately not my Beavers. Whoah!

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You've seen one Great Northwest state, you've seen them all.

It used to be all called The Oregon Territory-but then the leaders back then kept the great land and kept the name Oregon, gave all the rest away......................

20 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Dede Westbrook's ADP was late-6th round.  The 3rd year WR was a SOLID value pick with Foles, considering 2018 stats (Bortles).

week 1)  6 targets, 5 rec, 30 yds, 1 TD  ...... what could've been

week 2)  5 targets, 1 rec,  3 yds    ............... the future?

Enter 6th-rnd draft pick rookie Mustache Minshew, who's gonna suck. But Westbrook is talented and as the Jags no. 1 WR will get the targets.... whether Mr. Mustache can throw remains to be seen.  All the articles and rankings say bail. I say it's too soon.  I'm starting him over slightly higher ranked WRs. I'm going down with the ship! Who's with me?

And no I would never have the guts to start Stonehands Westbrook.