Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Titans at Jaguars: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Titans: OG Nate Davis, DE Matt Dickerson, RB David Fluellen, C Hroniss Grasu, CB Chris Milton, OG Kevin Pamphile, ILB Wesley Woodyard

Jaguars: LB D.J. Alexander, WR C.J. Board, CB Breon Borders. TE Josh Oliver, RB Devine Ozigbo, DT Dontavius Russell, OG Brandon Thomas

Why does the NFL Network rarely show the Jag home crowd??  

Minshew Mania is now a thing. I'm betting he will be the most imitated Halloween costume in Northern Florida 

• Like 1

I get the Jags defense is good, but holy hell Mariotta is terrible. He's slow, stiff and inaccurate as hell  

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I get the Jags defense is good, but holy hell Mariotta is terrible. He's slow, stiff and inaccurate as hell  

Mariota looks more like the 6th round rookie than Minshew does.

Foles is gonna get Willie Pipped.

Tannahill is the best thing for the Titans. 

Can you believe that?

1 minute ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Mariota looks broken..mentally and physically.

He is a system qb with no system. The ONLY way he ends of being a successful qb is if he was drafted by chip kelly. Barring that he is a back 5 qb yearly. 

I was wrong - Myles "Ain't" Jack!

Mariota excellent throw to tajae sharpe over Ramsey makes you think he’s competent but then to follow it up with that??? Yikes.

tannehill will be in soon.

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Mariota excellent throw to tajae sharpe over Ramsey makes you think he’s competent but then to follow it up with that??? Yikes.

tannehill will be in soon.

well, I hope so.   watching Mariota was getting painful.   And I'm not even a Titans fan.

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s creeping up on realistic to wonder if Tannehill can get a chance this season.

You didn’t think it was realistic when they signed him? What has Mariota done to earn such a vote of confidence?

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

It’s creeping up on realistic to wonder if Tannehill can get a chance this season.

I don't know how other Dolphin fans feel about Tannehill, but this fan hopes he starts and leads Tennessee to the most unproductive and embarrassing season in history.  Breaks a throwing shoulder in meaningless week 17 game.  Wife divorces him. Gets swindled out of all his money.  Homeless and begging for change on the streets of Orlando when I happen to drive by and wave. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GobbleDog said:

I don't know how other Dolphin fans feel about Tannehill, but this fan hopes he starts and leads Tennessee to the most unproductive and embarrassing season in history.  Breaks a throwing shoulder in meaningless week 17 game.  Wife divorces him. Gets swindled out of all his money.  Homeless and begging for change on the streets of Orlando when I happen to drive by and wave. 

I’m a dolphins fan and I never hated him that much. He was set up for failure by Philbin in his rookie year they gave him the keys to the Ferrari and never looked back. After season 3-4 they should have brought someone in to compete with him but for some reason that never happened. He’s an average QB at best no more no less, Dolphins wanted him to be Aaron Rodgers. Literally.

Hard to believe Jack gets TWO tackles against THIS offense.

Bust. Will be dropped for scrap.

On the one hand, it was nice to see Fournette with 6 catches and that long run at the end. But I can't help but think an NFL RB should be able to outrun the defense to the end zone.

7 hours ago, Ehlana said:

On the one hand, it was nice to see Fournette with 6 catches and that long run at the end. But I can't help but think an NFL RB should be able to outrun the defense to the end zone.

Fournette has never been a speed guy so for him to get caught by the safety isn’t to concerning to me. Had it been a linebacker then I would be worried but he seemed to pull away from the LBs. 

Dede Westbrook 20 targets for 79 yards. Wtf. Whyyyyyyyyyy?? Why does he get pushed ahead of Cole just because he has more draft stock? I cannot stand when coaches talk about the best player gets to play. That is absolute horse crap. Keelan Cole would not have dropped those passes. 

I live about 30 miles from Washington State University where Minshew played, but only saw him once.  I had no doubt he can throw the ball well, but was impressed.  Previous WSU QB Luke Falk is starting for the Jets this week.  I wouldn't expect him to look as good, but don't be totally surprised if he does pretty well, he was great with the Cougs too.

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

God I love this. Thats how I felt about Joey Harrington. 

12 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm not sure you ever wish this upon someone.

Tannehill has been a professional.  hes not a diva who speaks out to the press and he doesnt have tantrums when things dont go his way.

at least if he was a Deva or a jerk in a very public way, berating the franchise, then I could see this kind of feeling towards the guy.  I truly think the problem in Miami is the organization as a whole was not very good.   The team was mismanaged top to bottom and the person you need to direct your anger at is the GM and ownership for letting it get this way.

Tannehill had 2 4000 yard passing seasons and one where he was close to 4000.    That does not make him Dan Marino, but when a QB can throw for 4000 yards, hes not ready for the trash heap.  You can work with the guy.   then he had a couple of injury riddled seasons.

Maybe there's medical info I am not aware of that makes him unsuitable to keep, but that is not info I have at my fingertips.

I think the guy likely can still play.   There are far lesser QB's who have had more chances than this guy to make it work.

Just sayin.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

he doesnt have tantrums when things dont go his way.

Some things went Tannehill's way... $74 million for 7 seasons of terrible football.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Some things went Tannehill's way... $74 million for 7 seasons of terrible football.

6 years.   and 3 of those years were not bad.   4200 yards, 4045 yards and 3913 yards.   solid, but not specacular.

and 74 million is chump change compared to what QB's are now making.

further to this:   Tanehills stats as a starter. (forgive the formatting)

his rookie year he threw for 3300 yards.  not atypical for a rookie.

2013:   3913 yards.  Pretty close to 4000 on that one as a second year pro.    Not bad.  maybe a few too many picks but thats not atypical for a young QB

2014: 4045 yards, 27 TD and 12 INT.   solid.  moderately better than 2013.

2015: 4208 yards, 24 TD and 12 INT.  also solid.

2016 2995 yards in 13 games.  in a season with some injury time missed.

2017 DNP due to injury

2018: 1979 yards in another injury riddled year.

for me the issue is more along the lines of can he stay healthy.   when healthy for the full year, his performance has been solid.

like I said earlier.  I dont know the details of his current health.  it looks like in 2016 and 2017 were ACL related.    This could very well have affected his throwing motion and explain the poor year.   2018 he had a capsule injury to the right sholder (throwing arm)  I seem to think he tried to play through this, but I could be wrong (my memory isnt perfect these days) but I think the injury explains that year's subpar performance. 

so for me, the greater issue is whether he is capable of staying healthy.   Not whether he can get it done.   if he came in and threw for 4100 yards, 25 TD and 12 INT, most teams would say that this is an adequate outcome.   and I think this is something he is capable of doing if he can remain healthy.

My argument is that THIS is far better than what you get with Mariota.   so be angry at Tanehill if you want, but hes not as bad as advertised.  He's no Dan Marino, but hes also no Mariota.  The reality: he is somewhere in between the two.

2018 Miami Dolphins 11 274 176 64.2 24.9 1,979 7.2 179.9 17 6.2 9 3.3 75T 19 5 35 279 92.7

2016 Miami Dolphins 13 389 261 67.1 29.9 2,995 7.7 230.4 19 4.9 12 3.1 74T 37 11 29 216 93.5

2015 Miami Dolphins 16 586 363 61.9 36.6 4,208 7.2 263.0 24 4.1 12 2.0 54T 57 13 45 420 88.7

2014 Miami Dolphins 16 590 392 66.4 36.9 4,045 6.9 252.8 27 4.6 12 2.0 50 41 4 46 337 92.8

2013 Miami Dolphins 16 588 355 60.4 36.8 3,913 6.7 244.6 24 4.1 17 2.9 67 46 10 58 399 81.7

2012 Miami Dolphins 16 484 282 58.3 30.2 3,294 6.8 205.9 12 2.5 13 2.7 80T 40 3 35 234

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Fournette has never been a speed guy so for him to get caught by the safety isn’t to concerning to me. 

You might be surprised to learn that Leonard Fournette had the TWO fastest runs in the NFL in 2017.

Fastest Ball Carriers 2017

Third, Fourth and Fifth were Martavis Bryant, Marquise Goodwin, and Tyreek Hill, respectively.

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You might be surprised to learn that Leonard Fournette had the TWO fastest runs in the NFL in 2017.

Fastest Ball Carriers 2017

Third, Fourth and Fifth were Martavis Bryant, Marquise Goodwin, and Tyreek Hill, respectively.

That is somewhat surprising but I know he’s similar to Derrick Henry in that he needs to build up a full head of steam. Fournette ran a 4.5 at the combine and got tackled by someone that ran a 4.4 at their pro day. Again not concerned because he pulled away from the linebackers. A safety caught him from behind it happens. If the safety were in front of him and he couldn’t break the tackle or if he got caught by a linebacker then I might be concerned.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, kilroy69 said:

He is a system qb with no system. The ONLY way he ends of being a successful qb is if he was drafted by chip kelly. Barring that he is a back 5 qb yearly. 

Look how much time Minshew gets (any other QB gets) to throw and how much Mariota doesn't.

I agree. Mariota doesn't look like the answer. He had so much potential. He looked lost out there tonight and I have to give the Jags D some serious credit. Maybe the Titans took this game for granite. 

On 9/20/2019 at 5:24 AM, kilroy69 said:

God I love this. Thats how I felt about Joey Harrington. 

HA! Fact-did you know that Harrington is a concert pianist?