Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I would rather watch Kaepernick

Than Mariota. Im not kidding. Mariota makes blake bortles look good. 

Enough Kaepernick talk, he’s not playing again and doesn’t  even want to. He makes more money whining about not playing than he would by playing.

Let's see, Mariota with over 300 yards and higher yards per attempt than Minshew with a horrid offensive line and no time to throw.  Mariota needs to get off the Titans and to a team that will utilize his skills better.

11 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

Let's see, Mariota with over 300 yards and higher yards per attempt than Minshew with a horrid offensive line and no time to throw.  Mariota needs to get off the Titans and to a team that will utilize his skills better.

I would take 6th round Minshew over first round Marriotta any day of the week. On any team. Marriota was a system qb and his system does not exist in the nfl. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

He didn't even look remotely good until very late in the game.  Did you not watch the first half?  Some of those sacks were his fault.  Mariota could have thrown the ball away, but as usual, he didn't.  I'm sorry, but after watching him play for this long, his only skill is checking down to his TE, even when other WR's are open.  Garbage time points count in fantasy.  In the NFL, not so much.  His stats looked fine considering the defense he faced.  He played like crap though and isn't a leader.  TN hopefully will not sign him to an extension.  If they do, it's purely wasted money.  He will NOT take a team to the Superbowl.  How often do you see him fit the ball into a tight window?  Never.  How often does he lead his team to a win they shouldn't have earned?  A few times in his career.  What about all those playoff wins?  Nope, nothing major there either.  The guy will make someone a good backup, but that's it.  Watch any of his games.  He can have Davis or Brown open and will check down to Walker.  I don't even think it's a check down, it's just him throwing to the guy he's comfortable with.  That's horrible at the QB position.  Davis and Brown can be one heck of a combo with a real QB. 

12 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Than Mariota. Im not kidding. Mariota makes blake bortles look good. 

I would rather watch Columbo over both of them.

well, the weather was rainy.   usually that means subpar stats for both QB's.   

But I do think Minshew outplayed Mariota for sure.

2 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

as far as this quote goes, it is worth noting that Minshew played well early, and got the lead.  at that point the team didnt need lots of yards.   

I also noted some big time drops by wide open WR's that would have boosted Minshews stats.   one was a TD on what I thought was a perfectly thrown ball. 

I agree Mariota was better in the second half, but this is generally not an acceptable performance.  I seem to recall he had thrown for like 60 yards at half time and I thought to myself, why do they not pull him in favor of Tannehill?

sure Mariota piled on the yards late in the game during garbage time but the jags were no longer playing aggressively at that point.     It made Mariotas performance ok for fantasy, but did not redeem his pathetic first half.

This is one of those games where the stats do not tell the tale.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I also noted some big time drops by wide open WR's that would have boosted Minshews stats.   one was a TD on what I thought was a perfectly thrown ball. 

This.  I posted somewhere else that Minshew would have easily had 20+ fantasy points if it wasn't for all the balls that Westbrook dropped.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, the weather was rainy.   usually that means subpar stats for both QB's.   

But I do think Minshew outplayed Mariota for sure.

as far as this quote goes, it is worth noting that Minshew played well early, and got the lead.  at that point the team didnt need lots of yards.   

I agree Mariota was better in the second half, but this is generally not an acceptable performance.  I seem to recall he had thrown for like 60 yards at half time and I thought to myself, why do they not pull him in favor of Tannehill?

sure Mariota piled on the yards late in the game during garbage time but the jags were no longer playing aggressively at that point.     It made Mariotas performance ok for fantasy, but did not redeem his pathetic first half.

This is one of those games where the stats do not tell the tale.

And the refs were in love with the "holding" calls any time Titans did anything positive. Brady couldn't have played behind that o-line last night.

8 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

And the refs were in love with the "holding" calls any time Titans did anything positive. Brady couldn't have played behind that o-line last night.

maybe so.    But I dont blame the line for all the sacks.

There were times when he held the ball for way too long.   I dont blame the line for those sacks.

Anyone who thinks Mariota wasn’t that bad didn’t watch the game and just sees 300yds. He was horrendous and padded his night with garbage time gimmes.