Sign in to follow this  
edjr

AB cut by Patriots. BB has had enough!

2 hours ago, Moemoney said:

Phillip Dorsett worth an add?

Yes, I stashed him last night when these new threatening texts were first revealed. I may be slightly off on the numbers here so don't quote me but Dorsett has caught his last 23 targets in a row. He had a monster Week 1 and Brady clearly trusts him. Let's not forget he has a first round pedigree out of Miami and knows the system and the playbook extremely well and is universally liked in the building. Furthermore, Julian Edelman is no lock to stay healthy all year (age, coming into the year with nagging injuries, extremely physical WR) and Josh Gordon (while I certainly hope not) could be cut, suspended, exempt at any given time completely out of the blue. For a guy who could be had for free I would be scooping Dorsett up everywhere. The perfect end of your bench option and the cheapest way to get a share of this offense. 

57 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I now declare you the Mayor of Simpleton

Thank you.

This whole thing has bigger implications than one might perceive at first glance. 

The Hoodie (and Brady), although they knew the danger, could smell another SB title with AB in the fold. However, despite his alluring and undeniable talent on the field,  Brown's stupidity, imbecility, and moral ineptitude simply could not be ignored or contained.

A week ago, the Pats were a shoe-in for another SB appearance. Now, they will have to do it with an old QB, no Gronk (for now...and skinny/ineffective Gronk if he returns), and a WR2 that could hit the crack pipe or mental institution at any moment. 

They'll probably still make it, because The Hoodie is a proven coach and Brady is a fierce competitor.....but it is no longer a cakewalk with AB gone.

2 hours ago, unclemercy said:

i think this whole story is sad af. guy should be in a hospital prob. 

Being stupid isn't a crime. Otherwise the whole of the left of this country would be in prison. But Brown is just a self important dope is all.

11 hours ago, unclemercy said:

i think this whole story is sad af. guy should be in a hospital prob. 

If it were just the dumb behavior, I'd agree. I feel like there's an arc with these NFL storylines where at first it's funny that the guy is such a weirdo, then we get angry that he's pissing a career away, and then we get sad when we realize there's really something wrong with him (as a Lions fan, I went through that with Titus Young).

The thing with AB is that he may well have raped one woman and harassed/intimidated another by implicitly threatening her children. That's where my sympathy for him evaporates. If you have problems that lead to you raping someone, you're still a rapist.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Antonio Clown says he's not playing in the NFL anymore...

funny thing about contracts is that there is this whole other side that covers what has to be done in order to deserve the compensation

AB is a dumbass as we all knew by now. Most contracts can’t be voided so easily but yours could because you acted like a focking lunatic :doh:

But yeah, it’s probably sad more than anything. Guy is obviously suffering from mental illness whether brought about by head trauma or something else. Probably some substance abuse issues as well you’d have to imagine

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

AB is a dumbass as we all knew by now. Most contracts can’t be voided so easily but yours could because you acted like a focking lunatic :doh:

But yeah, it’s probably sad more than anything. Guy is obviously suffering from mental illness whether brought about by head trauma or something else. Probably some substance abuse issues as well you’d have to imagine

Where do you get this stuff from? Sometimes there are people out there who are just stupid. You can't just say every stupid person is mentally ill or they have drug problems.

Otherwise, what mental issues have you been diagnosed with, or what drugs are you doing?

Does this mean the Patriots won't pick up ABs 2020 option for 20 million?

On 9/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, sderk said:

Where do you get this stuff from? Sometimes there are people out there who are just stupid. You can't just say every stupid person is mentally ill or they have drug problems.

Otherwise, what mental issues have you been diagnosed with, or what drugs are you doing?

I agree that it's unfair to AB to suggest he's on drugs based on zero evidence, and it's unfair to those suffering from mental illness by stigmatizing all of them based on his bizarre behavior.

Maybe he has CTE, maybe he's on drugs, maybe he's just an idiot. At this point, does the cause really matter? One way or another, his behavior has likely ended his playing career.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

I agree that it's unfair to AB to suggest he's on drugs based on zero evidence, and it's unfair to those suffering from mental illness by stigmatizing all of them based on his bizarre behavior.

Maybe he has CTE, maybe he's on drugs, maybe he's just an idiot. At this point, does the cause really matter? One way or another, his behavior has likely ended his playing career.

well, clearly its a behaviour change that has gotten worse fairly quickly.

when these things happen to a person its usually one of 3 things:

1) mental illness has taken hold

2) drugs

3) problems in personal life have led to problems elsewhere in his life.  (sometimes combined with #1 or #2)

there are certainly exceptions to these but not many.   I'd say over 90% of the time it is one of the above scenarios.

it looks like the dude's a jerk to everyone around him and its been especially bad lately.

41 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, clearly its a behaviour change that has gotten worse fairly quickly.

when these things happen to a person its usually one of 3 things:

1) mental illness has taken hold

2) drugs

3) problems in personal life have led to problems elsewhere in his life.  (sometimes combined with #1 or #2)

there are certainly exceptions to these but not many.   I'd say over 90% of the time it is one of the above scenarios.

it looks like the dude's a jerk to everyone around him and its been especially bad lately.

Yeah, I guess it's usually one of those things, but there are big differences between those three. Mental illness engenders a lot more sympathy than "personal problems".

There's also the matter of how far his actions go. If a guy has some kind of problem that causes him to act like an idiot and flush away his career (or my fantasy team), I might feel bad for him. But if he raped a woman, I care a lot less about the causes.

12 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Yeah, I guess it's usually one of those things, but there are big differences between those three. Mental illness engenders a lot more sympathy than "personal problems".

There's also the matter of how far his actions go. If a guy has some kind of problem that causes him to act like an idiot and flush away his career (or my fantasy team), I might feel bad for him. But if he raped a woman, I care a lot less about the causes.

you gotta judge him based on the person he is today.

I dont care if hes mentally ill or has personal problems.  you start committing capital crimes you need to be put away.

for example if that rape accusation is true, I say throw the book at him.   Although there is enough questionable things in that case I'm not about to point the finger and say hes guilty.  but the bizzare behaviour definitely makes it easier to believe the accusation has some merit.   perhaps more than we'd consider otherwise.

it is also worth noting that concussions can cause mental illness.   hes had at least one good one.  Whether this is responsible for some of the bizarre behaviour I dont know.

Common trait of concussions in general and CTE is impulse control...contrary to popular belief AB has never been a good guy, but his behavior has definitely gotten worse lately.  Guy is all over the place.  But I agree, if he raped a woman this is beyond the "he needs to get some help" phase.  As a Steeler fan i sort of wish he would have stabbed both Brady and Belicheat in the eyes with a pair of scissors or something.  

15 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

Common trait of concussions in general and CTE is impulse control...contrary to popular belief AB has never been a good guy, but his behavior has definitely gotten worse lately.  Guy is all over the place.  But I agree, if he raped a woman this is beyond the "he needs to get some help" phase.  As a Steeler fan i sort of wish he would have stabbed both Brady and Belicheat in the eyes with a pair of scissors or something.  

interesting to me, as i continue to wish for a better coach than tomlin.... that MAYBE tomlin's most impressive contribution to date is keeping AB on the field and relatively out of the press for so long.

not condoning any behavior or anything like that, it's just interesting

46 minutes ago, cavern said:

interesting to me, as i continue to wish for a better coach than tomlin.... that MAYBE tomlin's most impressive contribution to date is keeping AB on the field and relatively out of the press for so long.

Yeah, we don't know (and may never know) if it's that Tomlin did a yeoman's job keeping him in line, or if he's gotten that much worse over the past year. Given that we started seeing hints of it late in his Steeler's tenure (FB Live video, Week 17 walkout), I suspect it was more the latter, but that doesn't mean Tomlin doesn't deserve credit. And certainly the Steelers were smart enough to recognize where things were headed and cut bait. Kind of amazing that you could deal a HOF talent for a 3rd rounder and, within a few months, be universally recognized as having won the trade.

30 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Yeah, we don't know (and may never know) if it's that Tomlin did a yeoman's job keeping him in line, or if he's gotten that much worse over the past year. Given that we started seeing hints of it late in his Steeler's tenure (FB Live video, Week 17 walkout), I suspect it was more the latter, but that doesn't mean Tomlin doesn't deserve credit. And certainly the Steelers were smart enough to recognize where things were headed and cut bait. Kind of amazing that you could deal a HOF talent for a 3rd rounder and, within a few months, be universally recognized as having won the trade.

yes - i also suspect it's more the latter.  my #1 theory is that he was always an arsehole but fame along with blows to the head have made him psycho.

that is just 1 theory of course, and i do not pretend that it is fact.  several have retorted to me that he was showing signs before the burfict hit.  and i agree with that, however i also do not know how many blows to the head he may have sustained prior to that.  i'm sure football players get their bell rung often and often it's not documented.  who knows.  one thing is for certain, the whole situation is sad - here's someone with all kinds of ability but is not able to behave in an acceptable fashion

51 minutes ago, cavern said:

yes - i also suspect it's more the latter.  my #1 theory is that he was always an arsehole but fame along with blows to the head have made him psycho.

that is just 1 theory of course, and i do not pretend that it is fact.  several have retorted to me that he was showing signs before the burfict hit.  and i agree with that, however i also do not know how many blows to the head he may have sustained prior to that.  i'm sure football players get their bell rung often and often it's not documented.  who knows.  one thing is for certain, the whole situation is sad - here's someone with all kinds of ability but is not able to behave in an acceptable fashion

Some friends and I were discussing AB at work.  I do not live in Pittsburgh, so this is a question more geared for those that do.  After that massive hit to the head he took against Cincy, did his behavior change more than usual?  He seemingly has gone down hill, rapidly, since that hit.  It wasn't just a normal hit, it was a flat out rattle your brain type of thing.  I remember watching the game and thinking "Man, I'd hate to be him in a decade."  With what we know about brain injuries and massive impacts to the brain, from the outside looking in, that hit seems to have caused some really serious issues. 

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Would we still be saying bad things about him if he was White and not Brown?

Antonio White?

He’s hinting at coming back, and battling someone from the Rams on Twitter. 

No team is picking him up this year, will want to see what happens with investigation 

On 9/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Yes, I stashed him last night when these new threatening texts were first revealed. I may be slightly off on the numbers here so don't quote me but Dorsett has caught his last 23 targets in a row. He had a monster Week 1 and Brady clearly trusts him. Let's not forget he has a first round pedigree out of Miami and knows the system and the playbook extremely well and is universally liked in the building. Furthermore, Julian Edelman is no lock to stay healthy all year (age, coming into the year with nagging injuries, extremely physical WR) and Josh Gordon (while I certainly hope not) could be cut, suspended, exempt at any given time completely out of the blue. For a guy who could be had for free I would be scooping Dorsett up everywhere. The perfect end of your bench option and the cheapest way to get a share of this offense. 

Would you roster him over Fuller, Ross, DJ Moore or Sutton?

52 minutes ago, Kelvarr said:

I would definitely roster Dorsett over Ross, who's going to lose a lot of value once Green returns.

Ross has a lot of flash appeal right now, though, so if you can package him 2-for-1 to upgrade another position, you can create an opening for Dorsett without just dropping Ross outright.

13 hours ago, cavern said:

The Tomlin thing is hard, because I'm not sure there are better coaches out there, but I KNOW there are worse.  But losing Haley, getting puppet Fichtner, losing Munchak, the passing of Coach Drake, etc there is a HUGE loss of continuity.  Right now it's look like Munchak is the biggest loss, because the line looks like SH!T.  But if you think about the last few seasons with James Harrison, Bell and Brown it's very clear Tomlin isn't in control of the locker room, which is his biggest failing.  

11 hours ago, Kelvarr said:

I would roster him over all except DJ Moore. 

Ross and Fuller are way too boom or bust and with AJG coming back for Cincy and the arrival of Kenny Stills in Houston, a lot of there boom potential gets taken away. Sutton is your classic safe floor and no upside WR in that offense (see Landry, Jarvis) and not someone I'm interested in.