Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

How good is Chark?

The guy (Chark) comes in with Minshew and lights the world (compared to my A Robinson and DJ Moore anyway) on fire. Is this guy legit? What will he be like when Foles comes back? 

Looking clearly like the #1 in Jax.   I like hes close to every week WR 3 status.

I benched him this week due to Thursday game and him popping up on injury report for Mike Williams and I may regret it. 

• Thanks 1

I had the same questioning heading into last night's game.  I'm sold.  He looks good.  Good speed.  Good hand to eye coordination.  Awesome body control and the use of body to create separation.  I might start him over juju if juju gives me another stinker.

5 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Looking clearly like the #1 in Jax.   I like hes close to every week WR 3 status. 

This.  possibly WR2 status for selected matchups.

Keep in mind, this kid was a second round pick, so he was reasonably highly regarded coming out of college.

I have found that second round picks (for WR at least) have a pretty good chance of becoming a decent player. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I had the same questioning heading into last night's game.  I'm sold.  He looks good.  Good speed.  Good hand to eye coordination.  Awesome body control and the use of body to create separation.  I might start him over juju if juju gives me another stinker.

Thanks guys. I've been struggling with my 2nd WR (gonna go with Lockett this week), A Rob just has trouble getting it done with Trubisky throwing to him, and with Newton out Moore's a dud too. They get plenty of targets but their QBs have to have better accuracy for both of them! Heck yes, last night (first time I've watched Jax) Chark and Minshew looked like they'd been playing together for years.

his routes could be a little more crisp, but he gets away with it because DB's have to respect that 4.34 speed(mentioned above)

I think he will do fine in this league.

Hard to say if he's going to be an elite player, but he looks like he will be (at the very least) a solid starting WR for some years. 

The upside is there.    but I havnt seen enough of him vs press coverage to say for sure that he will be a stud. 

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

his routes could be a little more crisp, but he gets away with it because DB's have to respect that 4.34 speed(mentioned above)

I think he will do fine in this league.

Hard to say if he's going to be an elite player, but he looks like he will be (at the very least) a solid starting WR for some years. 

The upside is there.    but I havnt seen enough of him vs press coverage to say for sure that he will be a stud. 

Seems like he has the size to handle that (press coverage) too! Thanks, now I gotta decide who to drop between A Rob and Moore! Guys I might not ever play but if Chark keeps producing I'm looking better if I have him, especially with Bears and Panthers QBs struggling.

8 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Seems like he has the size to handle that (press coverage) too! Thanks, now I gotta decide who to drop between A Rob and Moore! Guys I might not ever play but if Chark keeps producing I'm looking better if I have him, especially with Bears and Panthers QBs struggling.

scouting report coming out of college said he struggled with it a bit due to lower than expected upper body strength.   but once he beats the press, the press corner cant catch him.

either way, in college,  that could be a coaching/training issue.   

he didnt come out and blow the doors off year 1, so I'd like to think the Jax coaches worked on this with him before taking off the training wheels(so to speak).

and yes, I'd think he has the tools to get the job done.  I picked him up in my big money league and I think he may be a starter from here on out. (that league starts 3)

48 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

now I gotta decide who to drop between A Rob and Moore! 

Robinson will be less consistent.

When Foles returns he’ll be what he is now, the Jags wr1. 

15 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

You're going to drop Allen Robinson.... After 1 game against Chris Harris? That is beyond dumb.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You're going to drop Allen Robinson.... After 1 game against Chris Harris? That is beyond dumb.

Who do you think is a better QB between Trubisky and Minshew-somebody has to get the ball to those WR's. Right? I've seen enough of Trubisky. Targets are targets, there is a difference between good targets and bad targets-bad throws. Thanks.

Minshew is the better Qb 

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

Who do you think is a better QB between Trubisky and Minshew-somebody has to get the ball to those WR's. Right? I've seen enough of Trubisky. Targets are targets, there is a difference between good targets and bad targets-bad throws. Thanks.

Please invite me to your league, and let's increase the buy in to as much as you want. I want in to leagues where people drop Allen Robinson

How about I join your league? Just watch Trubisky try and act like a real QB and then get back to me. Jerry Rice could play for the Bears but if Trubiski was his QB do you really think he'd have reached his prime? I'm going with the guy who has a real QB throwing catchable balls to him.