Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Who are you starting Darwin Thompson over ?

2 hours ago, snatchit said:

AxeElf is the guy that tried to tear apart my post about Deebo Samuals and Montgomerys upside , before the season started.. He was clearly wrong on both of those guys too. 

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

in .5ppr Montgomery is currently RB 30, and Deebo is currently WR 36

:dunno:

I will say that Trent Taylor going on IR definitely helped Samuel's case in the near future, however.

23 minutes ago, stonewall said:

"whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire." ~Matthew 5:22

Darn I would have a great return post for you, but ive been warned that I can’t go there, so I need to the law maker. 

Sorry but it would have been a good convo. 

Thank for the reply. 

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I will say that Trent Taylor going on IR definitely helped Samuel's case in the near future, however.

There is zero chance that this probably might be true.  You maybe might have no idea what you’re talking about.

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Darn I would have a great return post for you, but ive been warned that I can’t go there, so I need to the law maker. 

Sorry but it would have been a good convo. 

Thank for the reply. 

10-4 screen door.

Now back to the topic at hand.....I own Darwin in all 5 leagues, but am sitting him this week. I need to actually see Reid use the kid before I can insert him.

That being said, he could very well have a banner week. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. However, since I have other options, I just can't chance it yet.

24 minutes ago, stonewall said:

10-4 screen door.

Now back to the topic at hand.....I own Darwin in all 5 leagues, but am sitting him this week. I need to actually see Reid use the kid before I can insert him.

That being said, he could very well have a banner week. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. However, since I have other options, I just can't chance it yet.

So the one week Williams is out and mccoy is going to be a limited you're going to wait to see how he gets used. That makes a lot of sense. 

Waiting a week will tell you nothing about his usage next week because those guys will be back.

35 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

So the one week Williams is out and mccoy is going to be a limited you're going to wait to see how he gets used. That makes a lot of sense. 

Waiting a week will tell you nothing about his usage next week because those guys will be back.

ya, if you are going to play him, play him this week. I love Mixon and haven't given up on him, but he may share the ball and he hasn't got it going yet. My post suggest that maybe Darwin may... although sharing too, will have more upside being on the most explosive offense in the league... at least for this week. 

44 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I dont think Williams is back next week.  If McCoy is out then he is a must start.  I think McCoy plays and is ineffective. 

non ppr td heavy i havent decided if i will start him over tarik this week let alone mixon. ppr i have similar options and im waffling there as well but no doubt its worth a waffle.

Darrel Williams might be the guy to watch if Shadygets banged up. I’d say the running back who best knows the playbook and can pass protect if Shady goes down is the guy to have. And after this Sunday won’t be surprised if they work out Spencer Ware.

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

So the one week Williams is out and mccoy is going to be a limited you're going to wait to see how he gets used.

Which week is that?  Because it isn't this week.

15 minutes ago, DrG said:

Darrel Williams might be the guy to watch if Shadygets banged up. I’d say the running back who best knows the playbook and can pass protect if Shady goes down is the guy to have. And after this Sunday won’t be surprised if they work out Spencer Ware.

That's correct.  Williams will spell McCoy on running downs, with Darwin maybe getting a little more work in the passing game.

It's like y'all are falling all over yourselves to start Darren Sproles or something.

In fact, Darren Sproles will probly outscore Darwin this week.

30 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Was going with McCoy in flex, seems like many if you think that’s a bad idea

If he is, indeed, healthy, as it appears.....I would definitely flex him 

46 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Was going with McCoy in flex, seems like many if you think that’s a bad idea

No, it's a very good idea whenever you can play an RB2 as a flex.

4 minutes ago, snatchit said:

we all shall see, its just speculation 

Axe Elf never speculates, only educates.

4 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Makes perfect sense to me. I am playing the long game with Darwin, so I hope he has a great game. However, like I mentioned, I have options.....and am firing up Gore over Darwin.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Makes perfect sense to me. I am playing the long game with Darwin, so I hope he has a great game. However, like I mentioned, I have options.....and am firing up Gore over Darwin.

That's an absolute no-brainer, so I'm sure that even all these mouth-breathers will understand.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

That's an absolute no-brainer, so I'm sure that even all these mouth-breathers will understand.

Don't bet on it....

Kinda funny too, as I believe I was one of the original Darwin-truthers up in here

11 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Don't bet on it....

Kinda funny too, as I believe I was one of the original Darwin-truthers up in here

Yeah, but unlike many of them this week, your ownerism is tempered by a lick of sense.

Well, at least in regards to Darwin.  You DID make that silly bet that Montgomery would be a RB1 this season...

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, but unlike many of them this week, your ownerism is tempered by a lick of sense.

Well, at least in regards to Darwin.  You DID make that silly bet that Montgomery would be a RB1 this season...

And you said that Montgomery would be in a even RBBC. Its fun having you on this site this year... for the comedy factor 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snatchit said:

And you said that Montgomery would be in a even RBBC. Its fun having you on this site this year... for the comedy factor 

I didn't say "even," I said he was in an ugly three-headed monster of a backfield, with Cohen catching the passes, Davis getting the short yardage and goalline work, and Montgomery piling up the yards between the 20s--a good NFL offense, but a bad fantasy situation.

Here's the post...

It's fun having people on this site who need to be corrected on every other post...  for the education factor.

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I didn't say "even," I said he was in an ugly three-headed monster of a backfield, with Cohen catching the passes, Davis getting the short yardage and goalline work, and Montgomery piling up the yards between the 20s--a good NFL offense, but a bad fantasy situation.

Here's the post...

It's fun having people on this site who need to be corrected on every other post...  for the education factor.

Even split is just as bad as a ugly 3 headed monster and a disappointment. week 2 Montgomery got 19 touches, Davis got 3 and Cowen got 6.... Its gonna be that way for the rest of the season. I am convinced you have no idea what you are talking about. 

7 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Even split is just as bad as a ugly 3 headed monster and a disappointment. week 2 Montgomery got 19 touches, Davis got 3 and Cowen got 6.... Its gonna be that way for the rest of the season. I am convinced you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Mike Davis at the Goal Line ???? he was never in on the goal line week 2... it was Montgomery every time. 

23 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Here's the post...

19 touches = bellcow.  

11 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

19 touches = bellcow.  

The current carry + target count for the season stands at...

Montgomery:  28

Cohen:  19

Davis:  15

...and has fluctuated widely between the first two games...

Montgomery:  Week 1 - 7; Week 2 - 21

Cohen:  Week 1 - 10; Week 2 - 9

Davis:  Week 1 - 12; Week 2 - 3

Still looks like a 3-header to me, and RB30 isn't usually what I think of when I think of a bellcow...  but there is still a lot of football to be played.

8 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Darwin is going to be one of, if not the top waiver priority Monday.  Mark my words. Feel free to come back and destroy me Monday if I’m wrong.  

Doubtful, since there are so many propellor beanies picking him up THIS week--he just won't be available in many leagues on Tuesday--but he could well lead the fantasy universe in drops next week when people are falling over themselves to pick up Ty Johnson.

19 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Darwin is going to be one of, if not the top waiver priority Monday.  Mark my words. Feel free to come back and destroy me Monday if I’m wrong.  

I know that this is kinda cliche.....but I honestly can't envision a scenario in which Darwin is not already on a roster.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I know that this is kinda cliche.....but I honestly can't envision a scenario in which Darwin is not already on a roster.

Amazingly still 41% not owned in CBS leagues.  

2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Amazingly still 41% not owned in CBS leagues.  

Wow....

Darwin-award winners.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Still looks like a 3-header to me, and RB30 isn't usually what I think of when I think of a bellcow...  but there is still a lot of football to be played.

Lol you say this only after 2 games. How long have you been playing FF?  1, maybe 2 years?  

22 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Lol you say this only after 2 games. How long have you been playing FF?  1, maybe 2 years?  

No, I said it before any games were played.

This is Axe Elf's 26th year dominating fantasy football.

13 minutes ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

So in PPR are you  playing MVS or Darwin? 

Let's go with a Packers' starting WR in PPR over the Chiefs' 3rd RB option.

3 things I've noticed:

1. In the last 2 games, the best RB yardage has been 81 yards (McCoy).  In fact during week 2, the most productive RB (McCoy) attained 23 yards. My take - This offense is NOT featuring the running game as in past seasons.  I think the best you can hope for are RB receiving yards. Maybe...

2. Baltimore ranks 1st in the NFL in Run Defense... giving up (get this) 20.5 yards a game.  But on the other side, they are ranked merely 18th in Pass Defense... giving up 254 yards a game... and 10 plays of 20+ yards.  Normally, this would mean a GREAT game by Mahomes and his receivers... but...

3. Rotogrinders.com is reporting this... BAL @ KCC - "The best chance we have of seeing a downpour. Will be soaked before the game, with rain continuing in to it. Flash flood watch has been issued."   Which seems to indicate the possibility of a VERY UGLY GAME.

My take:  The BEST game script I can envision happening for Darwin Thompson is him garnering 40-60 yards rushing with a constant commitment to ball control, 5 to 6 screen passes leading up to 50 yards... and one touchdown.  This would be between 20 to 22 PPR fantasy points.  But that's ONLY if he gets 75% of the snaps.  If Shady is playing 50% of the snaps, Darwin may get 10 to 16 PPR points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, njacinto said:

2. Baltimore ranks 1st in the NFL in Run Defense... giving up (get this) 20.5 yards a game. 

Get this:  Baltimore has played Miami (who gave Drake and Ballage a combined 9 total carries) and Arizona (who gave David Johnson a total of 7 carries).  They have the best run defense because teams haven't tried to run against them, that's all.

8 hours ago, njacinto said:

My take:  The BEST game script I can envision happening for Darwin Thompson is him garnering 40-60 yards rushing with a constant commitment to ball control, 5 to 6 screen passes leading up to 50 yards... and one touchdown.  This would be between 20 to 22 PPR fantasy points.  But that's ONLY if he gets 75% of the snaps.  If Shady is playing 50% of the snaps, Darwin may get 10 to 16 PPR points.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

If Darwin Thompson gets 6 fantasy points the idiots who started him should feel grateful.