Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

GM - UAW on Strike

So I pass by these strikers as I drive into work. They stand there or walk back and forth on the side walk. Accept, where the gate is open for other workers to drive in. What they are doing is walking very slowly back and forth across the crosswalk. Preventing people from getting in. This in turns causes a back up on the road I'm on.

I mention this to my buddy and he said his FIL told his those are the retarded cleaning crew people and they aren't doing it on purpose. My buddy told me that with a straight face and followed that up with my FIL has no reason to lie.

The thing is I'm actually sympathetic to the UAW. I think they made a lot of concessions in 2008 to keep GM afloat and should get something back in this contract. After that conversation with my glib liberal buddy and his FIL I hope the UAW doesn't get sh1t.

There used to be a peterbilt plant in Nashville. Those fockers were on strike for like 5 years. Sitting out there with fire In a barrel and stuff. Plant eventually closed. 

I come from ohio...i have met alot of gm workers...this I can say absolutely.

They have been over paid for so long that their own union has rooned them.  The stories about 10 mins of work every hour...playing poker all night...etc...etc.  now they claim they are broke...gimme a fockin break.  If anyone actually put 8 hours of work in a single shift in lordstown..id eat my hat..  

On 9/21/2019 at 9:14 AM, Cdub100 said:

So I pass by these strikers as I drive into work. They stand there or walk back and forth on the side walk. Accept, where the gate is open for other workers to drive in. What they are doing is walking very slowly back and forth across the crosswalk. Preventing people from getting in. This in turns causes a back up on the road I'm on.

I mention this to my buddy and he said his FIL told his those are the retarded cleaning crew people and they aren't doing it on purpose. My buddy told me that with a straight face and followed that up with my FIL has no reason to lie.

The thing is I'm actually sympathetic to the UAW. I think they made a lot of concessions in 2008 to keep GM afloat and should get something back in this contract. After that conversation with my glib liberal buddy and his FIL I hope the UAW doesn't get sh1t.

Van Dyke?   I drive by it every day.  I'm sympathetic as well, but don't get in my way

The UAW is not transparent about what they want. Methinks this is about Trump and the fact that UAW leadership is under federal investigation.  Poor workers are pawns once again.

That f@ggot Francis O'Rourke is coming to West Chester, Ohio today to support the UAW workers on strike. SW Ohio isn't exactly a place his kind should be coming to visit. 

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That f@ggot Francis O'Rourke is coming to West Chester, Ohio today to support the UAW workers on strike. SW Ohio isn't exactly a place his kind should be coming to visit. 

This is Beta country!

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Traffic was much worse today.

They crack me up.  On Van Dyke, they are posted by the entrance to the tech center.  There is a light there and it has the standard walk / dont walk lights.  So when the walk light is lit, they picket,.  No one is turning into the tech center while they do that.  When the dont walk comes up, they stop, and a few cars get through.   No laws broken.  Its hilarious

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

They crack me up.  On Van Dyke, they are posted by the entrance to the tech center.  There is a light there and it has the standard walk / dont walk lights.  So when the walk light is lit, they picket,.  No one is turning into the tech center while they do that.  When the dont walk comes up, they stop, and a few cars get through.   No laws broken.  Its hilarious

I work there, it sucks right now

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

This is were is should be perfectly legal to mash the gas and mow these retards down. 

However...they the union took concessions from a fabricated gubment bailout ( they didnt need bailed out...smoke and mirrors) that was designed to bust the union and lower wages.  Now they are making record profits on the backs of said workers.  The stories I quoted were from old retired guys...Im sure its different now.

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

However...they the union took concessions from a fabricated gubment bailout ( they didnt need bailed out...smoke and mirrors) that was designed to bust the union and lower wages.  Now they are making record profits on the backs of said workers.  The stories I quoted were from old retired guys...Im sure its different now.

This is my stance........ We all know there are underlying stories - 2 sides to the story. But here's what we do know:

* The taxpayers bailed out GM to the tune of $50B bucks.

* GM has made record profits the last 3 years.

* The CEO just pocketed $22m in 2018 - and the year before that, another $22m in 2017.

These vehicles aren't just shiit'n themselves off the line - somebody is working to get it done... GM is saying they don't have money to turn temp employees into full time, and cutting other benefits? BS.

40 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This is my stance........ We all know there are underlying stories - 2 sides to the story. But here's what we do know:

* The taxpayers bailed out GM to the tune of $50B bucks.

* GM has made record profits the last 3 years.

* The CEO just pocketed $22m in 2018 - and the year before that, another $22m in 2017.

These vehicles aren't just shiit'n themselves off the line - somebody is working to get it done... GM is saying they don't have money to turn temp employees into full time, and cutting other benefits? BS.

Over $150 per person and I didn’t get a single GM stock. Talk about getting robbed 

You forgot the part where GM paid back the loans

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

This is were is should be perfectly legal to mash the gas and mow these retards down. 

I wont go that far...They are being lawful, however annoying.  I find that funny

Hell, most of the workers at the plants in the south aren't even uaw. The Nissan plant in Tennessee, for example. Most of the employees are not employees of Nissan. They work for some subcontractor, that pays d!ck and treats people like sh!t.