Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Josh Jacobs Week 3

Anyone playing him with any confidence today?  I have Michel in over him at this time and been going back and forth on him. Jacobs is active this week but I haven't heard anything about how he actually looked in practice on Friday.

Ya I'm worried about him too.. Raiders could fall behind again and he wont get many touches. Might throw a dart with Darwin..  Also have Breida, hyde. I would play Sony over him. Pats should blowout the Jets and that's the time to start Sony.

Only healthy rb on KC is a really good dart. 

I have him penciled in for now. I’m not convinced the MIN run defense is anything special, and JJ has had 2 good yardage games so far.  Feels like the raiders need him to do well for their offense to work, so for those reasons I’m staying the course.

Me too. I think the vikes are more stout against the pass.  I would like to see him more involved in the passing game. 

4 minutes ago, knight11e said:

I have him penciled in for now. I’m not convinced the MIN run defense is anything special, and JJ has had 2 good yardage games so far.  Feels like the raiders need him to do well for their offense to work, so for those reasons I’m staying the course.

6 minutes ago, cavern said:

isn't jacobs both hurt AND sick?

Yes, bad groin, hip and he dropped 10 lbs. he might break.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

Anyone playing him with any confidence today?

I hope not; he's not suiting up until tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Only healthy rb on KC is a really good dart. 

But how many people have Darrell Williams on their roster?

2 hours ago, sderk said:

I haven't heard anything about how he actually looked in practice on Friday.

He practiced in full Friday, but I haven't heard if his hair was combed or not.

1 hour ago, cavern said:

isn't jacobs both hurt AND sick?

He practiced in full on Friday and I believe he is fully removed from the NFL injury report.

36 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

I have Jacobs as a flex this week, but I'm still hmming and hawing between him and McCoy.

You should probably go with the one who plays in the better offense.

If healthy enough to play, Jacobs would be the pick. 

Hes going to get more work, If he’s healthy enough. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

You should probably go with the one who plays in the better offense.

Or maybe, with the better player who is not playing against a #1 run defense? :dunno:

If we all knew that Jacobs was 100% going into the game tomorrow, McCoy should not even be a consideration. But who knows at this point? 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Or maybe, with the better player who is not playing against a #1 run defense? :dunno:

Given that McCoy has led the NFL in rushing yardage and Jacobs has not, the better player in this case also happens to be the one who plays in the better offense.

The Ravens have the #1 run defense thanks to playing the Cardinals in Week 2, who gave David Johnson 7 carries, and playing the Dolphins in Week 1, who gave Drake and Ballage a combined total of 9 carries.  I am not impressed (and I doubt if the Chiefs are, either).

Just now, AxeElf said:

Given that McCoy has led the NFL in rushing yardage and Jacobs has not, the better player in this case also happens to be the one who plays in the better offense.

The Ravens have the #1 run defense thanks to playing the Cardinals in Week 2, who gave David Johnson 7 carries, and playing the Dolphins in Week 1, who gave Drake and Ballage a combined total of 9 carries.  I am not impressed (and I doubt if the Chiefs are, either).

So McCoy is better than every RB in the league who had not in the past led the NFL in rushing? Gotcha. Good logic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sderk said:

So McCoy is better than every RB in the league who had not in the past led the NFL in rushing?

Maybe not in swimming, but in running with a football, yes.  That's what "leading the NFL in rushing" means.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe not in swimming, but in running with a football, yes.  That's what "leading the NFL in rushing" means.

Ah, that is why he was drafted so high this year. Because if one leads the league in rushing at some point in his past, he should be a top 10 fantasy pick until he retires. Gotcha. You are really good at FF I'm guessing. No way you would take a trade for McCoy if someone offered you Chubb. That's smart on your part.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

You are really good at FF I'm guessing.

No need to guess; it's a documented fact.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

No way you would take a trade for McCoy if someone offered you Chubb. That's smart on your part.

See, now you're starting to come around.  No way ANY rational person, let alone Axe Elf, would hand over the keys to the lead RB in one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for a guy in a middling offense who gets pulled at the goalline and will be competing with Kareem Hunt for carries over the second half of the season.

I don't know if that makes me any smarter than the average chimp, but at least it doesn't make me dumber than one.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

See, now you're starting to come around.  No way ANY rational person, let alone Axe Elf, would hand over the keys to the lead RB in one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for a guy in a middling offense who gets pulled at the goalline and will be competing with Kareem Hunt for carries over the second half of the season.

I don't know if that makes me any smarter than the average chimp, but at least it doesn't make me dumber than one.

Let's see, so far through the season, McCoy is #38 in a PPR of all RBs. Nice. :thumbsup: 

That 11 rushes for 23 yards and 3 receptions for 0 yards last week was awesome.

33 minutes ago, sderk said:

Let's see, so far through the season, McCoy is #38 in a PPR of all RBs. Nice.

It'll get even nicer once he acclimates himself to the offense and takes over as the lead RB; i.e., this week.

34 minutes ago, sderk said:

That 11 rushes for 23 yards and 3 receptions for 0 yards last week was awesome.

Yeah, but I don't own Christian McCaffrey, so I don't care.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It'll get even nicer once he acclimates himself to the offense and takes over as the lead RB; i.e., this week.

Yeah, but I don't own Christian McCaffrey, so I don't care.

Not sure what McCaffery has to do with anything, but you go girl. Get you some McCoy. 

Just now, sderk said:

Not sure what McCaffery has to do with anything, but you go girl.

Wasn't that McCaffrey's stat line from last week?

And please keep your sexual fantasies regarding Axe Elf to yourself.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Wasn't that McCaffrey's stat line from last week?

So, what you are saying is, you don't pay attention to football. Now things are making sense.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

So, what you are saying is, you don't pay attention to football. Now things are making sense.

I'm afraid your inability to grasp these relatively simple concepts is starting to needlessly monopolize time from the other students.  Why don't you just plan to come in next Saturday, and I can devote all my time to your remedial tutoring, without having to use the time that other students are eager to use for their own studies.

For now, just go to the quiet mat and recite your ADPs...

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If you are still taking wagers Mr. Axe, I will gladly take one of your coveted $10 Amazon gift cards against my Bob's Big Boy card, on more fantasy points week 3-16 between My Nick Chubb and your Shady McCoy. No injury BS though, if that happens the loser is S.O.L.

7 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If you are still taking wagers Mr. Axe, I will gladly take one of your coveted $10 Amazon gift cards against my Bob's Big Boy card, on more fantasy points week 3-16 between My Nick Chubb and your Shady McCoy. No injury BS though, if that happens the loser is S.O.L.

For only $10 I would probably do it just for fun...  but I can't agree to the injury waiver.  That tilts the game too much in your favor.  As much as I like McCoy, I can't deny that there is significantly greater injury risk for a 31 year old RB (who had an ankle issue already) than there is for a 23 year old RB.

Besides, we don't have a Bob's Big Boy in my area...

23 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm afraid your inability to grasp these relatively simple concepts is starting to needlessly monopolize time from the other students.  Why don't you just plan to come in next Saturday, and I can devote all my time to your remedial tutoring, without having to use the time that other students are eager to use for their own studies.

For now, just go to the quiet mat and recite your ADPs...

So you thought McCoy's stats were McCaffery's stats from last week and what...?"

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

So you thought McCoy's stats were McCaffery's stats from last week and what...?"

The other students realized I was making a point about judging a player by one week's stats, but we can work on your comprehension issues next Saturday.

Now back to the quiet mat and work on those ADPs, and if you can't stop disrupting the class, you can spend the rest of the period in the principal's office.

I am worried but i have little as alternatives. He gets incognito back this week and one of the starting linebackers for the vikes is out. The  pack just gashed them for 125 yards. I would take 100 and a 1 yard score. 

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

For only $10 I would probably do it just for fun...  but I can't agree to the injury waiver.  That tilts the game too much in your favor.  As much as I like McCoy, I can't deny that there is significantly greater injury risk for a 31 year old RB (who had an ankle issue already) than there is for a 23 year old RB.

Besides, we don't have a Bob's Big Boy in my area...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-be7Y_yyY

It's cool bra, I used to get scared also, except I was 9...

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It's cool bra, I used to get scared also, except I was 9...

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There can be no peer pressure when Axe Elf has no peer.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:33 AM, sderk said:

No way you would take a trade for McCoy if someone offered you Chubb.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:46 AM, AxeElf said:

No way ANY rational person, let alone Axe Elf, would hand over the keys to the lead RB in one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for a guy in a middling offense who gets pulled at the goalline and will be competing with Kareem Hunt for carries over the second half of the season.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, jrokh said:

Since you wouldn't agree to an injury waiver or pts-per-game adjustment or anything, you're off the hook on this one, but just for shigs and gittles after Week 3...

McCoy:  23.0

Chubb:  17.1

I'm winning the trade so far...

Just now, AxeElf said:

Since you wouldn't agree to an injury waiver or pts-per-game adjustment or anything, you're off the hook on this one, but just for shigs and gittles after Week 3...

Small sample size. I would still take Chubb. Plus, McCoy was not even the leading rusher on his own team yesterday. If he scores 2 TDs a game for the rest of the year, then you win. 

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

jrokh wasn't betting who would have more fantasy points in week 3. It was weeks 3-16. Perhaps Axe Elf needs to learn how to read, or maybe a thicker pair of glasses:dunno:

33 minutes ago, sderk said:

Small sample size. I would still take Chubb. Plus, McCoy was not even the leading rusher on his own team yesterday. If he scores 2 TDs a game for the rest of the year, then you win. 

No.  I win if McCoy scores more fantasy points in Weeks 3-16 than Chubb.

As of now, I'm ahead.

30 minutes ago, jrokh said:

jrokh wasn't betting who would have more fantasy points in week 3. It was weeks 3-16. Perhaps Axe Elf needs to learn how to read, or maybe a thicker pair of glasses:dunno:

Axe Elf fully understood the proposed wager, and If you have the fantasy point totals for Weeks 4-16, I'll be glad to post them as well.

Right now, I only have the fantasy point totals for Week 3, and as of now, I'm ahead.