Sign in to follow this  
dog19

Cam Newton

6 hours ago, vino said:

Without reading everyone's comments, I haven't seen him dropped in 4 of my leagues, though I hold him in 2. I'm not sure who's on your ww to replace, so it's hard to answer.  So, for me, that sums it up, I would drop him if the right QB was available. I'm def not all in our Cam like I used to be, with his inability to run this year. I'm holding onto him but I'm also looking to drop or trade him if the right QB is there.  He's not a must own.  

well, its tough to drop a player who has been so incredibly productive from a fantasy perspective in the past.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him sitting on a lot of teams benches for a while before being dropped.

we are getting into bye week season, so some of those tough calls will be coming in the next 4-8 weeks to cover bye week players.

I have him in dynasty, thinking about dropping. Current status has him out, 4-8 weeks and that's without surgery. With surgery they could shut him down for the year. At 30, his career seems to be quickly declining. 

26 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

I have him in dynasty, thinking about dropping. Current status has him out, 4-8 weeks and that's without surgery. With surgery they could shut him down for the year. At 30, his career seems to be quickly declining. 

Same situation.  I have him in one Dynasty, but am considering dropping him altogether instead of placing him on IR.  His best days were when he could take a hit and keep on running.  Those have been gone for a while, but it's so difficult to drop a guy that was great for you at one time.  Nostalgia. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same situation.  I have him in one Dynasty, but am considering dropping him altogether instead of placing him on IR.  His best days were when he could take a hit and keep on running.  Those have been gone for a while, but it's so difficult to drop a guy that was great for you at one time.  Nostalgia. 

if you have the IR slot available, why wouldnt you use it?  you can always drop later if you need the IR slot.

I have an extra IR slot, but also have Barkley sitting on my bench.  I would have to release one of Big Ben, Barkley or Cam as Big Ben is on there already and I only have two IR slots available in total.  I'm not participating in waivers this week as there isn't anyone on the wire I need, or could use, so it's not a pressing issue.  I didn't place Barkley on IR yet as I was awaiting news on Cam.  I wasn't using him, but after losing both Cam and Big Ben, my QB in that league is now Josh Allen.  lol  He's done just fine, but he's all I have left.  My team is 2-1 in this league and I won't be able to pick up the Carolina QB as a couple teams above me on the waiver wire will fight to nab him.  He is the only "starter" available.  I wasn't counting on Ben AND Cam going down and thought between three late round QB's, I could alternate between them, depending on the matchup.  Bad year for injuries. 

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have an extra IR slot, but also have Barkley sitting on my bench.  I would have to release one of Big Ben, Barkley or Cam as Big Ben is on there already and I only have two IR slots available in total.  I'm not participating in waivers this week as there isn't anyone on the wire I need, or could use, so it's not a pressing issue.  I didn't place Barkley on IR yet as I was awaiting news on Cam.  I wasn't using him, but after losing both Cam and Big Ben, my QB in that league is now Josh Allen.  lol  He's done just fine, but he's all I have left.  My team is 2-1 in this league and I won't be able to pick up the Carolina QB as a couple teams above me on the waiver wire will fight to nab him.  He is the only "starter" available.  I wasn't counting on Ben AND Cam going down and thought between three late round QB's, I could alternate between them, depending on the matchup.  Bad year for injuries. 

Yikes.  sucks to be you.  (at least in this fantasy football league)

• Like 1

Cam has been dropped in 2 of my leagues.

I own him in 1 and have not dropped yet. I think it is wise to wait for more information to come out before just cutting bait. There's something about this 'lisfranc' that seems strange to me. The team has not said anything directly about it to my knowledge. I'd wait for the next bit of info which should be telling, before hitting the drop button, unless there is a must add out there.

30 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Cam has been dropped in 2 of my leagues.

I own him in 1 and have not dropped yet. I think it is wise to wait for more information to come out before just cutting bait. There's something about this 'lisfranc' that seems strange to me. The team has not said anything directly about it to my knowledge. I'd wait for the next bit of info which should be telling, before hitting the drop button, unless there is a must add out there.

I get the impulse to hang on to him, but my rule is always, "If I dropped this person, would someone else rush to pick him up?" In Cam's case, I had zero expectation that anyone would get him after I dropped him, and I was right.

Will be watching Kyle Allen closely this weekend. Added him speculatively in a couple leagues. 

Kurt Warner went on record as saying that kid could have something special.

Ended up dropping cam. Realistically he’s gonna be out a few weeks and when he comes back all I’m gonna do is keep him on my bench to “see how he looks.” I’m not willing to burn a roster spot in this situation.

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

Ended up dropping cam. Realistically he’s gonna be out a few weeks and when he comes back all I’m gonna do is keep him on my bench to “see how he looks.” I’m not willing to burn a roster spot in this situation.

Good call.

8 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

honestly, unless you are in a league that starts 2 QB's or that has superflex,  Cam newton does not have value.

regular leagues, only the top 8 -10 fantasy QB's really have any value(depending on whether you are a 10 or 12 team league) , and I'd argue that  the next 4 on the list likely cycle through the waiver wire based on projected points that week.

Cam does not belong in that top 8 unless he is fully healthy.  The run yards make him a good fantasy start.  without them, his pass yardage just isnt good enough to get him on the list.

Unlike (ahem) certain posters who clog up every thread with endless self-congratulation, I'm generally not one to toot my own horn. But I am nonetheless compelled to quote myself here and point out that, when it came to Cam, I absolutely nailed it.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, zftcg said:
On 9/23/2019 at 4:10 PM, zftcg said:

Foot sprains are the kinds of injuries that tend to linger on and on before the guy finally goes on IR. Not saying that will definitely happen here but I am mentally prepared for that possibility.

I wrote this before news emerged about the Lisfranc, but today's news is exactly what I had in mind. Whenever someone has a "foot sprain", the scenario plays out the exact same way:

1. Player is diagnosed with foot sprain and we hear there's a chance they may not play that week
  2. Oops, look like he may need to sit another week
  3. OK, now it's been a few weeks, but he's still not progressing
  4. Turns out it's the dreaded Lisfranc, but he's hoping to avoid IR
  5. Guess what? He's going on IR

There is zero reason to hold on to Cam at this point. Even if we knew for sure he would only be out 4 weeks, I would still say he's droppable. But given the likelihood this extends further, possibly all season, he's a must-drop.

Congrats.