Sign in to follow this  
wild_and_crazy_guy

Should I start J.Conner or D.Freeman in week 3?

Should I start J.Conner or D.Freeman in week 3? 

Although I drafted Conner in the 1st round, here is what makes me consider starting Freeman instead:

1. Conner is recovering from a knee injury, which was bad enough to knock him out of the game, but we did not hear anything more about it.
  2. Steelers have Mason Rudolph at QB, which might mean a bunch of 3-and-outs
  3. Conner hasn't impressed so far
  4. Freeman is healthy
  5. Atlanta's offense moves the chains
  6. Freeman has a good matchup vs Colts

Please let me know which of these guys you would start. Thanks

If freeman is ever going to have a good day, it would be today.  The match-up is ideal.  There very well could be mucho garbage time yards as well.

I have Freeman and I am playing him, but if I had Conner he would be in without a second thought. HTH, GL

To clarify...if you had both Conner and Freeman on your roster, and you had to pick one to start in week 3, which one would you pick?  Does your pick take into consideration actual week 3 factors (health, team, match-up), or is it just because you had him ranked higher coming into the season?

The only consideration I would make is Conner is better than Freeman, Period. I feel better about freeman this week because of no Darius Leonard and the matchup, but he has been flat out bad. Conner practiced in full, but if you want to roll with Freeman, its your team. 

Freeman.  Pitt is kind of in disarray right now, and they could lean heavily on Jaylen to protect Conner's knee.