Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

UPDATE: Saquon Out Multiple Weeks - Sprained Ankle

Yikes.   

a lot of fantasy footballers are gonna be unhappy

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Yikes.   

a lot of fantasy footballers are gonna be unhappy

About 16 days ago, I felt like my dynasty money league roster was stacked.

Then Hill went down in week 1.  Then Ben in week 2.  Now Saquon.

I’m fully expecting Evans to go down next week and Kittle in week 5.

26 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Yep my first 2 picks were Barkley and ODB so I expect him to go down here in the next couple of weeks. I have Kerryon Johnson to kinda cover for Barkley but when ODB gets hurt it might be white towel time-for playoffs anyway. Good luck to you.

Anyone looking to buy? Was thinking of offering Waller for him.

Now the only question is wether it’s worth starting Wallerman or whoever that guy is. Probably 14 carries for 60yds.

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Now the only question is wether it’s worth starting Wallerman or whoever that guy is. Probably 14 carries for 60yds.

If you're hurting at RB, it probly IS worth starting Wayne Gallman.  It looks like Jones is going to have the offense moving; there will be room for Gallman to hammer out 60-70 yards a game and fall into the end zone every other week or so.

• Like 1

I'll be using my #1waiver on Gallman. 

Don't need him, but this is what #1 waivers are for. I'll be contacting the Barkley owner immediately in search of a 5th - 7th round WR.

Because I am 5-1 in one league (we play 2 teams per week), I was thinking I can send LeSean McCoy and JuJu for Saquon. That team also has Damien Williams and Darwin, so it may be appealing to him to lock up the KC backfield.

If I can get into the playoffs with Saquon, I think I win it all. We play 2RB/2WR/1FLEX.

My team at present is:

Jameis

Mack/Jacobs/McCoy/Coleman/Mattison

Julio/JuJu/Godwin/AJGreen/McLaurin/HardMan

Olsen/McDonald

That may be worth it for both teams - but particularly mine. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I'll be using my #1waiver on Gallman. 

Don't need him, but this is what #1 waivers are for. I'll be contacting the Barkley owner immediately in search of a 5th - 7th round WR.

Is Gallman this year's early season 100% of FAAB player? (all in with remaining free agent auction $$)

Assume you can make $0 adds once your budget is spent.

I would say yes if you are short at the RB position, but any chance the Giants bring in a vet? Are there any unsigned vets this year?

9 hours ago, makindollaz said:

I lost Guice (my #3 RB) and Henry (my TE) week 1. Week 2 I lost Big Ben (my #2 QB in a 2-QB league). Week 3 I lost Barkley, the #1 overall pick. Plus, Hilton might sit this week. If he does, I will have lost 5 of my top 10 picks. #AwesomeSauce

Nothing like a team taking an RB at #2 overall hoping and dreaming he will carry a horrible team to the superbowl when they have nothing else. So dumb.

21 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Is Gallman this year's early season 100% of FAAB player? (all in with remaining free agent auction $$)

Assume you can make $0 adds once your budget is spent.

I would say yes if you are short at the RB position, but any chance the Giants bring in a vet? Are there any unsigned vets this year?

I don't think of Gallman as a player I want to be all-in on.

I guess maybe if you have a Championship caliber team at every other position, but you're starting Kyle Juszczyk at RB2, maybe then...

• Like 1

Maybe the Giants can use their first round pick next year on another RB. They normally really carry really bad teams to the promise land.. :lol:

6 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

Because I am 5-1 in one league (we play 2 teams per week), I was thinking I can send LeSean McCoy and JuJu for Saquon. That team also has Damien Williams and Darwin, so it may be appealing to him to lock up the KC backfield.

If I can get into the playoffs with Saquon, I think I win it all. We play 2RB/2WR/1FLEX.

My team at present is:

Jameis

Mack/Jacobs/McCoy/Coleman/Mattison

Julio/JuJu/Godwin/AJGreen/McLaurin/HardMan

Olsen/McDonald

That may be worth it for both teams - but particularly mine. Thoughts?

Wow this is a fun question. 

Thanks for posting it.  

I think having a player like Barkely in the playoffs would be great, but he does have a high ankle sprain, and they just don’t go away, and a lot time the player try’s to return to quickly. 

I think I would, keep the depth. 

A couple of injuries expecally at your rb postion could be a problem. 

After Mack and Jacobs you don’t really have a lot of trust worthy Rbs.  

Anyway that’s my take. 

Thanks for the post, and good luck going forward.  

Gallman is a trap.

1) he’s bad

2) bet anything they sign CJA

if it’s a waiver pick sure but don’t spend any amount of significant faab on him.

Is there any chance Saquon Barkley comes back sooner than what is being reported?

He suffered an ankle injury in college (though it's unclear the severity) and only missed two games and then came back and ran all over Ohio St for 200 yards. Tevin Coleman suffered an ankle sprain (again not entirely sure on the severity) Week 1 and is on bye this week with Shanahan expecting him to return to practice next week. Barkley is still young and a freak of nature who may be a quick healer in the mold of another physical freak in Adrian Peterson. Obviously  a high ankle sprain is the worst grade of ankle sprains and the very late bye week doesn't help but I think it's very much worth the gamble to buy low on Barkley while owners are panicking. 

17 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Is there any chance Saquon Barkley comes back sooner than what is being reported?

The chances of him coming back before the reported window of 4-8 weeks (i.e., in 3 weeks or less) would be extraordinarily slim.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The chances of him coming back before the reported window of 4-8 weeks (i.e., in 3 weeks or less) would be extraordinarily slim.

Was thinking more along the lines of returning closer in a 4-6 week window compared to sitting through the bye and returning Week 12. 

4 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Was thinking more along the lines of returning closer in a 4-6 week window compared to sitting through the bye and returning Week 12. 

Oh, well, you said "sooner than what is being reported."  I would think he's going to be out at least six weeks, and if he's out six weeks, I don't think they would bring him back and risk another injury in the Week 10 game with the Jets--so yeah, it's kind of hard to imagine that his chances of being back sooner than Week 12 are significant.

I missed my opportunity to trade him to a Giants homer now I'm kicking myself.  I don't see the Giants rushing him back and as others have said high ankle sprains linger.  Now I'm trying to package Barkley with Gallman and maybe Tyrell/Diggs for an RB1 from this Giants homer.  Ugh.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:02 AM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I think its more like, they will play him when he is ready.

but I agree with Axe.  if they are out of the playoff run, there is no way the bring him back early.

if Daniel jones wins a couple more games in short order, the chances of his returning early will magically go up.

I know a dorky report is out there suggesting he will return quickly based on his recovery from a similar injury fairly quickly, but that report is likely full of crap.   each injury is unique and it is possible that the severity on these injuries before were not the same as this one.

it is positive that the giants wouldnt put him on IR.   so maybe there is hope.

• Like 1

I have him in one of my dynasty leagues.  Yesterday I received the fantastic offer I had been hoping for (Sarcasm):  Barkley, McLaurin & Hunter Henry for D. Freeman, MVS and Calvin Ridley.  He also provided a great narrative as to why this was so good for my team.  I wanted to remind him this was Dynasty, not redraft, and that he really needed to shove that offer, but I just hit decline and moved on. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I have him in one of my dynasty leagues.  Yesterday I received the fantastic offer I had been hoping for (Sarcasm):  Barkley, McLaurin & Hunter Henry for D. Freeman, MVS and Calvin Ridley.  He also provided a great narrative as to why this was so good for my team.  I wanted to remind him this was Dynasty, not redraft, and that he really needed to shove that offer, but I just hit decline and moved on. 

yeah, the vultures circle after an injury eveyrone wants you to dump them for nothing.