zftcg

Which coach was more incompetent in Week 3?

Which coach was more incompetent in Week 3?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach was more incompetent in Week 3?

• Arians
    • Kitchens

Can I nominate Adam Gase for a season long award?

I'm aware he's down 2 QBs but it takes a special type of incompetence to only score on 2 of 36 possession on the season.

They have 11 offensive points in 12 quarters.  

4 hours ago, cavern said:

if the logic is that it is just as difficult to pin someone from 5 yards back than it is where you are right now, and you DO WANT to burn the clock.  then, yes, i would think it makes sense to burn the 1-2 seconds.  that time could easily end up costing a team the win in the end.

i'm not a punter, but i will liken it to my experience in golf.  if my full swing wedge goes 100 yards, i'm going to do a better job controlling my distance from around that range than i will from about 70 yards or so.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, that's just it--you're an amateur golfer.  I would imagine that a professional golfer is going to be a lot better at gauging less-than-full-swing distances, and most would probably prefer a 70 yard wedge to a 100 yard wedge.

Likewise, it's an NFL punter's JOB to practice killing a punt inside the 20 from whatever distance.  That's why I'd like to see someone do an actual study...  Get pro and college punters to actually demonstrate killing punts inside the 20 from various distances and evaluate the results--is it really easier from 5 yards further away in the close distances, and if so, at what point does that advantage dissipate?

I’m with Elf on this one. 1-2 seconds in football is literally nothing. Unlike basketball, 1-2 extra seconds is 1 play at the VERY MOST. Strong chance 1-2 extra seconds does not equate to an extra play at all.

If the Giants had gone offsides before the kick,  what would Arians have done? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the Giants had gone offsides before the kick,  what would Arians have done? 

Decline the penalty obviously. Why would I want my kicker closer?