Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Diggs

i think the issue is this is just likely to be a low scoring game overall.  its tied for the lowest total at 38 this week.  you can always talk yourself into playing just about anyone, and like i said in my first comment this comes down to what your other options are.  i have demarcus robinson so i'm rolling him till i see something from diggs or whenever hill comes back i guess.  GL this week.  I'd love to see diggs have a great game and be proven wrong here.

4 games, he's been good in 2 and missing in the other two. I would think that is how it will work the rest of the way. On a side note, idiot Zimmer thinks he can run the ball for 16 games in the 2019 NFL. 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

4 games, he's been good in 2 and missing in the other two. I would think that is how it will work the rest of the way.

This can probably be said for a whole lot of wrs.   

Hopkins ain't doing a whole lot either 

On 9/26/2019 at 2:09 PM, Ray_T said:

that is a fair comment.

Chicago is 4th best vs the run and solid against the pass, but not dominant.

so if the game script goes to the pass game, and the top corner goes to cover Thielen, Diggs may be the guy who gets all the yards.

it's possible.

Looks like this is exactly what happened here.   Thelien shut down, but Diggs had a good game.

I know it's just rumors and the internet being the internet but there is buzz about Diggs potentially getting traded 

42 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I know it's just rumors and the internet being the internet but there is buzz about Diggs potentially getting traded 

One can hope. No clue what team would do it. The Colts? Raiders? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One can hope. No clue what team would do it. The Colts? Raiders? 

The Pats are rumored.   Highly doubting any of its true but there is smoke 

1 minute ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

The Pats are rumored.   Highly doubting any of its true but there is smoke 

Well, if the Pats are involved that changes things. Most likely will happen then. As a Gordon owner I'd like to see him go elsewhere. 

Have to think the Vikings don't want him in conference. Raiders make sense. I would think they have cap room? 

Careful what you wish for, some of those trade options sound like a downgrade to me.  Diggs has a lot of good matchups coming up, I think I'd prefer he stays for now. 

Minnesota adamant that Diggs is not available for trade barring a massive offer.  Sounds like Diggs flat out skipped practice yesterday and isn't happy at all. 

Maybe Cousins can apologize to him.

#1 trending player on spotrac. Diggs getting huge money going forward.  So is Thielen. 50 mil for them plus Cousins against the cap coming up. Minny isn't fooling me, they are looking

30 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Minnesota adamant that Diggs is not available for trade barring a massive offer.  Sounds like Diggs flat out skipped practice yesterday and isn't happy at all. 

Maybe Cousins can apologize to him.

wow - is anyone NOT a primadonna?

This is happening. And it won't take much.  They brought back Treadwell last week. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is happening. And it won't take much.  They brought back Treadwell last week. 

Thought they brought back Treadwell because of recent injuries to other WR's. 

I doubt its happening.  They just resigned him through 2023 for a big chunk of change.  They'd need to find a team that's willing to take on all that money and also give up draft picks/current players.  Also, the Vikings are a good team and theres no reason to trade him other than he's being a malcontent.

ETA: Reading Diggs is back on the practice field today.

1 hour ago, cavern said:

wow - is anyone NOT a primadonna?

AB showed these guys the blueprint.  Jalen Ramsey is doing his best to get traded.  Also, these guys are watching the NBA guys controlling their situations and seem to be trying to follow them. 

Wow.  In what can be considered a passing explosion for this Vikings Offense, Diggs gets 3 catches off 4 targets for 44 yards.  Take that squeaky wheel.

Diggs should have never resigned with this team. 

On 9/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, AxeElf said:

The Vikings' passing game will pick up after Week 4, which is when Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

You just don't get pinpoint accuracy like this anywhere other than Axe Elf.

Kirk Cousins
Weeks 1-4:  735 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
Weeks 5-6:  639 yds, 6 TDs, 1 INT

Adam Thielen
Weeks 1-4:  13 rec., 179 yds, 2 TDs
Weeks 5-6:  13 rec., 187 yds, 3 TDs

Stefon Diggs
Weeks 1-4:  13 rec., 209 yds, 1 TD
Weeks 5-6:  10 rec., 211 yds, 3 TDs

On 9/24/2019 at 8:55 PM, American Chewy said:

Home vs philly in week 6 might be next best game to roll him out.  This week vs bears on road is a no go.  At giants in week 5 is a game they should control and be low volume passing.  

it continues to be a simple formula with diggs...if they are playing someone that they get an early lead on that can't score on them, diggs is likely to have a mediocre game.  we need competitive games...next week at detroit should be competitive and thus start-worthy.  the following week vs washington (thur game)...might be a benchable spot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, American Chewy said:

it continues to be a simple formula with diggs...if they are playing someone that they get an early lead on that can't score on them, diggs is likely to have a mediocre game.  we need competitive games...next week at detroit should be competitive and thus start-worthy.  the following week vs washington (thur game)...might be a benchable spot.

I agree completely!

So is everyone going to try and sell this week?  I'm not going to bother.  The guys in my league weren't born yesterday so I doubt his value has changed a whole lot.

This is what he does, has some huge games and then some duds

Now what? :dunno:

Thielen already out for game in the coming week, and hamstrings can last.  Diggs finally the #1 WR and Captain Kirk is getting the ball to him. 

Is Diggs a sell high still or a hold?  I'm honestly not sure.

24 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Now what? :dunno:

Thielen already out for game in the coming week, and hamstrings can last.  Diggs finally the #1 WR and Captain Kirk is getting the ball to him. 

Is Diggs a sell high still or a hold?  I'm honestly not sure.

As always, it depends on what you can get for him, and how much it helps your team--but there's definitely no need to pull the panic ripcord right now.

Agreed. 

Shop him and see what value he has. 

week 8 smells to me like a week where the vikes could get away with throwing the ball a dozen times or less

You know that Diggs is out to prove that the Vikings passing game is "More than A. Thielen"...

Hate to benefit from injuries but theilens came at a convenient time because this week vs wash is not a good spot gamescript wise.  Being the only legit threat to throw to should still net him enough targets to be start worthy.

As a Wilson owner I was excited when I saw a headline yesterday that said Diggs traded to Seattle!!! Then I realized it was a safety for the lions. :(