Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Bears at Redskins: In-Game Discussion

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

People are finally going to shut up about Tribs needs to go.

The fock we are, he's not a good QB. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Axe elf was right about ugly 3 RBBC but even I didn’t think it would be this bad.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Is this a 4man RBBC now with Patterson? What gives is someone hurt? 4 carries is already way too much for a gadget player.

I was just going to say--Axe Elf was WRONG about the ugly 3-headed RBBC in Chicago...

It's an ugly FOUR-headed RBBC in Chicago; I hadn't taken Cordarrelle Patterson into consideration.

lol

2 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

🤣

Just when I thought we had a ballgame.

I feel for Keenum, he had put together a solid second half until that fumble.

3 ints and 2 fumbles. Thats god awful

1 minute ago, Ramrock said:

Keenum always sucked. And tonight he single handedly is killing my fantasy game

He "always sucked" and you played him against the Bears?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

He "always sucked" and you played him against the Bears?

You assume he is playing him. 

Bears d scored like 20 points in my league. 

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

25/31 231 3 td 1 int. Looks really good to me. 

Against a team thats 0 and 2. 

Whats more likely. That tonights performance is an outlier or that his first 2 games are?

39 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I was just going to say--Axe Elf was WRONG about the ugly 3-headed RBBC in Chicago...

It's an ugly FOUR-headed RBBC in Chicago; I hadn't taken Cordarrelle Patterson into consideration.

lol

I think Nagy just hates fantasy football players. It has to be to spite us all right?

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

25/31 231 3 td 1 int. Looks really good to me. 

You are fantasy football obsessed. He's not winning anything in the real NFL

42 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

The fock we are, he's not a good QB. 

84% completion percentage and 3TDs. Yeah. He sucks. :lol:

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You are fantasy football obsessed. He's not winning anything in the real NFL

Wait. The Bears lost tonight in the real NFL? Crap. I should have checked on that. :lol:

So are the Bears 2-1 or 0-3? I must be reading the wrong standings. :dunno:

What were the Bears last year? 4-12? :dunno:

So is being 14-5 not going anywhere in the NFL over the past year?

One game doesn’t change anything, Trib is still a game manager.  

Just now, weepaws said:

One game doesn’t change anything, Trib is still a game manager.  

And 14-5 over the last 19 regular season games. :thumbsup:

40 yard field goal miss killed the Bears in the playoffs last year. I wonder if you think the same of Jim Kelly.

Just now, sderk said:

40 yard field goal miss killed the Bears in the playoffs last year. I wonder if you think the same of Jim Kelly.

Jim Kelly was a choker. 4 superbowls in a row. lost them all. Lol.

Just now, The Bard said:

Jim Kelly was a choker. 4 superbowls in a row. lost them all. Lol.

The kicker was the choker. You gotta be kidding me. All QBs rely on kickers at one point or another. Yes, even Tom Brady.

13 minutes ago, sderk said:

Wait. The Bears lost tonight in the real NFL? Crap. I should have checked on that. :lol:

So are the Bears 2-1 or 0-3? I must be reading the wrong standings. :dunno:

What were the Bears last year? 4-12? :dunno:

So is being 14-5 not going anywhere in the NFL over the past year?

You think he has a chance in the playoffs?:lol:

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

Lol you know what’s funny about you, I said the same thing about trib last week, and you said nothing, now your flying high because the Bears won.  

Hes the same as he was last week, a good game manager, and that won’t change.  

Just now, shorepatrol said:

You think he has a chance in the playoffs?:lol:

He did have a chance in the playoffs last year. He lead the team into field goal position for the win. And the kicker failed to deliver an easy field goal like he failed twice before in the season. Trubisky was the winner in that game. The Bears could have easily been 14-2 in the regular season and in the NFC championship game in the post season if they had a kicker who could connect from 40 yards out.

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol you know what’s funny about you, I said the same thing about trib last week, and you said nothing, now your flying high because the Bears won.  

Hes the same as he was last week, a good game manager, and that won’t change.  

Sorry, I don't often read your posts. :dunno:

88% completion percentage and 3 TDs.

Sue me.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

He did have a chance in the playoffs last year. He lead the team into field goal position for the win. And the kicker failed to deliver an easy field goal like he failed twice before in the season. Trubisky was the winner in that game. The Bears could have easily been 14-2 in the regular season and in the NFC championship game in the post season if they had a kicker who could connect from 40 yards out.

K:lol:

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

K:lol:

I see. You say he doesn't have enough to win in the NFL, but he was QB of the Bears for the past year plus and went 14-5 and you think that is not winning. You are not making any arguments against that fact. You just put "K:lol:". You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Listened to part of the game on the radio during commute. The Skins were playing off and giving up short passes all night. No pressure on MT at all.

I think after this McLaurin might be just about a must start.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

I see. You say he doesn't have enough to win in the NFL, but he was QB of the Bears for the past year plus and went 14-5 and you think that is not winning. You are not making any arguments against that fact. You just put "K:lol:". You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Talk to me later in the year. We will see. I was wrong about Dak. I could be wrong again. I will take a bet though 

2 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

man, anybody playing Taylor Gabriel...congrats!

You just know he’s on the top 20 or so teams in those huge fanduel games. You basically have to hit on the 3 or 4 Frisman Jackson 4th option fluke huge game guys to have a chance in those. Spend all money on Mahomes and an RB and just deep sleeper dart throw everywhere else.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

lol

I am assuming that you guys really don't believe your own tripe. Momentum is continuing to build. We all knew it would likely be a slow start, being a rookie and having to out compete Mike Davis....so, he's ahead of schedule in my estimation. Not to mention, Trubs missed him high on a big gainer/potential TD pass.  We see who Nagy leaned on to close the game, and that speaks volumes. Sure, things could still go south for young DMont.....but my advice is still to buy low.

(BTW, We all have misses, but isn't it time to admit that you were most likely wrong about McLaurin?) 

chi.png&h=100&w=100Chicago Rushing
  CAR YDS TD LONG
D. Montgomery 13 67 0 25
C. Patterson 4 14 0 7
T. Gabriel 1 7 0 7
M. Davis 1 2 0 2
M. Trubisky 1 2 0 2
T. Cohen 4 -2 0 1
TEAM 24 90 0 25

chi.png&h=100&w=100Chicago Receiving
  REC YDS TD LONG TGTS
T. Gabriel 6 75 3 36 7
A. Robinson 6 60 0 14 7
T. Cohen 2 26 0 24 4
T. Burton 4 20 0 11 4
A. Miller 1 15 0 15 3
D. Montgomery 3 14 0 6 3
J. Wims 1 8 0 8 1
A. Shaheen 1 7 0 7 1
C. Patterson 1 6 0 6 1
TEAM 25 231 3 36 31
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Skins by 14

Dang. You were only 30 points off your bet. Nice pick dude.

2 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I am assuming that you guys really don't believe your own tripe. Momentum is continuing to build. We all knew it would likely be a slow start, being a rookie and having to out compete Mike Davis....so, he's ahead of schedule in my estimation. Not to mention, Trubs missed him high on a big gainer/potential TD pass.  We see who Nagy leaned on to close the game, and that speaks volumes. Sure, things could still go south for young DMont.....but my advice is still to buy low.

lol

Ok, I guess in the games where Chicago is sitting on a 20 point lead and running out the clock for the final quarter, Montgomery might make an acceptable flex play--enjoy your 11.1 PPR fantasy points.  I mean, I never said he shouldn't be rostered, I just said he shouldn't be drafted to be a RB1--and that is my bet with you, that Montgomery will not finish the season among the top 12 PPR RBs.

If I were unfortunate enough to find myself in the position of being a Montgomery owner, I would be more worried about the fact that Montgomery amassed 54 of his 67 rushing yards on the Bears' final two possessions of the game (including a single 25 yard carry), and that up until that point, Cordarrelle Patterson had as many carries (4) and more rushing yards (14) than Montgomery.  But by all means, wallow in the silver lining as you whistle past the graveyard; just be there to pay me at the end.

13 minutes ago, stonewall said:

(BTW, We all have misses, but isn't it time to admit that you were most likely wrong about McLaurin?)

You quoted me, but you said, "you guys," so I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not--but I can't recall being wrong about anything in regards to McLaurin, so I'm assuming it's not?

Stop picking on little Mitchy. He's not that bad considering he's only the 3rd best QB in his draft class...

21 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Stop picking on little Mitchy. He's not that bad considering he's only the 3rd best QB in his draft class...

12-4 last year. 2-1 so far this year. As a Bears fan, I can't complain about 14-5 over the last year. And the only hold back was their kicker last year.

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Bears fans are in deep deep denial...

Yeah. being 14-5 over the last 19 regular season games puts fans in denial. So sufferning. Go Giants! 

Dude, I'm a Bears fan but, c'mon -- the Bears aren't 14-5 over the last 19 because of their QB.  First of all, Trubisky didn't even play in one of those wins.  Second, that schedule was pretty cake, but let's look at those wins (excluding tonight) with Trubisky at QB:

Date Team Final Comp Att % Yds TD TO
9/17/2018 SEA W 24-17 25 34 74% 200 2 2
9/23/2018 ARI W 16-14 24 35 69% 220 0 2
9/30/2018 TAM W 48-10 19 26 73% 354 6 0
10/28/2018 NYJ W 24-10 16 29 55% 220 2 0
11/4/2018 BUF W 41-9 12 20 60% 135 1 2
11/11/2018 DET W 34-22 23 30 77% 355 4 0
11/18/2018 MIN W 25-20 20 31 65% 165 1 2
12/9/2018 LAR W 15-6 16 30 53% 110 1 3
12/16/2018 GNB W 24-17 20 28 71% 235 2 1
12/23/2018 SFO W 14-9 25 29 86% 246 1 1
12/30/2018 MIN W 24-10 18 26 69% 163 0 0
9/15/2019 DEN W 16-14 16 27 59% 120 0 0

In 4 of those 12 games, he had more turnovers than touchdowns; in 4 others, he had as many TOs as TDs; and in 4 wins he had a positive ratio.  In 3 of those 12 games he didn't even record a single TD, going 20:13 overall.  This is excluding his 7:6 ratio in four of those loses.

I could go on about the many faults in his game, but let's put it this way: do you really believe the Bears are going to beat the Chiefs or the Patriots because Mitch outplayed Mahomes or Brady??  And do you really think we could do it in spite of him??  Didn't think so.

Edited by Jedi Sensei

Congrats to perennial favorite and my most owned dynasty player Paul Richardson on his best statistical game a Redskin.

Decent setup moving forward with attention going elsewhere.   And yes I had him in a 20 league lineup.      HOOOOOOOOO 

The Bears offense is dedicated to being cute. It is amazingly annoying in general and for fantasy. Every now and then it works and we get Gabriel games. But it also leads to their best overall rb getting iced even when they have big leads. Just imagine if the Skins weren’t the Skins. And even they were on the verge of sneaking back into the game. Not awesome.