Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Who are your buy low guys after 3 weeks?

Now is the time to make a move for guys who may have started out rough or underperformed their draft slot by a great deal.  Who are you potentially targeting and why? 

I don't have any major team needs, outside of one team in a Dynasty League that needs a RB.  I'm considering going after Mixon for next season when the line will be vastly improved and they will have a healthier offense in their second year of the system.  He hasn't done anything this season, and my team is a fringe playoff team, but in no way going to win that league, so I'm hoping to get him and wait for 2020. 

David Montgomery

Miles Sanders

Joe Mixon

DeAndre Hopkins

Kenny Golladay

Maybe Godwin and Cooks as well

Most of the rookie RBs have started slow but I think they’ll carve out bigger roles going forward. Mixon’s schedule gets a little easier so while the o-line problems won’t be fixed I think his arrow is pointing up. DeAndre occasionally has a sh1tty season and maybe this is one of those but I think he bounces back to at least low end WR1 territory. Godwin has underperformed expectations thus far but I remain a believer. Golladay could still become what he was supposed to be. Cooks has a bigger role in that offense given his downfield ability.

Depends on what is meant by "cheap". I would certainly grab him if the cost was a player on your bench or low end starter.

I’m looking at Diggs. 

And looking at the person that owns L Bell. 

Just now, weepaws said:

I’m looking at Diggs. 

And looking at the person that owns L Bell. 

I'm also looking at Bell, if you can afford to go w/out him for a week, this is Jets bye, so could be added incentive for current Bell owners to make a deal now esp if they're 1-2, 0-3.

19 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Anyone targeting Diggs as a buy low?  The owner in my league is trying to move him cheap.

If the guy is selling cheap I would buy.   Diggs still has a ton of ability, he's just not getting opportunities.   Minnesota will have to pass in many games going forward,  and dalvin has a documented injury history 

Is Gurley a buy low?  His ypc is actually decent thru 3 games and he's getting majority of touches but that's still not a great deal of touches.

Even accepting he's not Gurley from the past, can he at least be better than he has been thru first 3 games?

I'm actually looking to move Diggs.  I just don't see the Vikes offense supporting 2 WR with their defense playing well and commitment to the run game.  I'd like to move Gurley and Conner, but both have really depressed values right now, i'm not bullish on either of them.  

RB:

Mixon

Carson

Kerryon

WR:  

Davante Adams

Hopkins

Golladay

2 minutes ago, NAn said:

Is Gurley a buy low?  His ypc is actually decent thru 3 games and he's getting majority of touches but that's still not a great deal of touches.

Even accepting he's not Gurley from the past, can he at least be better than he has been thru first 3 games?

Concerning part is they are using him ZERO in the passing game, he's not breaking any big gainers and he's getting zero love at the goal line.   Those were the staples of his success in the past.  His utilization is beyond curious.  

I own chris Carson and have concerns.  I'm trying to buy penny cheap while injured.   Not a big move but a depth move 

Would agree about D Adams. 

If you think Rodgers and the Packers passing game will be turning it around, Adams could be a buy low steal. 

16 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

If the guy is selling cheap I would buy.   Diggs still has a ton of ability, he's just not getting opportunities.   Minnesota will have to pass in many games going forward,  and dalvin has a documented injury history 

Geez.  Again?  Dalvin DOES NOT have a "documented injury history".  This false statement has to stop.  lol  He was never injured in high school OR college, at least not an injury causing him to miss any time.  His ACL was torn.  The games he's missed in the NFL are ALL related to the one injury he had as a rookie.  He's healthy again, obviously.  Only one RB has ever come back from an ACL injury and not missed further time from complications or overcompensation issues.  lol

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Geez.  Again?  Dalvin DOES NOT have a "documented injury history".  This false statement has to stop.  lol  He was never injured in high school OR college, at least not an injury causing him to miss any time.  His ACL was torn.  The games he's missed in the NFL are ALL related to the one injury he had as a rookie.  He's healthy again, obviously.  Only one RB has ever come back from an ACL injury and not missed further time from complications or overcompensation issues.  lol

Dalvin Cook Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Sep 27, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Cook re-injured his hamstring and missed 4 games.
Sep 16, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game.
Oct 1, 2017 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Coach Mike Zimmer described Cook's injury as "a normal, typical ACL (tear)." He underwent surgery on October 9, 2017.
Mar 31, 2016 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear Cook re-injured his shoulder in spring practice.
Oct 24, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game vs. Syracuse.
Mar 8, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear "He went up the steps, tripped in the weight room and put his hand down to catch himself at an angle,” coach Jimbo Fisher said.

10 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Davante Adams

If you can get Adams low, that would be the move. As an owner I can tell you that I wouldn't sell him low, after getting through the toughest part of the schedule. Now is the time to reap the rewards. If your league's Davante owner is somehow not aware of this, then yeah, fleece him blind.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Dalvin DOES NOT have a "documented injury history".

la la la la la la la la la....

I own Rodgers but if I did not, buy low or is he just this QB now with this team around him?  25 TD's last year, only 4 in 3 games this year.  Not the same guy or schedule/injury recovery?

NM, discussed in another thread.

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

The thing is this is a far different offense from last year. So to me there’s a reason Diggs is underperforming and thus I am not terribly interested 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Sep 27, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Cook re-injured his hamstring and missed 4 games.
Sep 16, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game.
Oct 1, 2017 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Coach Mike Zimmer described Cook's injury as "a normal, typical ACL (tear)." He underwent surgery on October 9, 2017.
Mar 31, 2016 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear Cook re-injured his shoulder in spring practice.
Oct 24, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game vs. Syracuse.
Mar 8, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear "He went up the steps, tripped in the weight room and put his hand down to catch himself at an angle,” coach Jimbo Fisher said.

And yet he missed ONE game outside of his ACL tear in his ENTIRE career.  The dude ripped his shoulder up and missed ZERO games.  In college, he missed all of ONE game.  Ummm, who didn't miss a game in college?  Seriously?  He tore his ACL suffered the usual side effects, a hamstring issue which is almost expected and a calf injury (which you don't have listed here, but he had one) also related to the ACL.  My goodness.  I've never seen people so against winning.  I'm not even a massive Dalvin Cook fan, just trying to explain the guy IS a stud and that he's healthy.  I keep seeing tons of comments about him being injury prone, but as you posted above without intent, he's NOT.  All but an ankle sprain, FOUR YEARS AGO.  lol  I don't get it.  Isn't the entire purpose of this Forum to help people win?  He's kicking some major behind, yet people are still hounding him.  Ok then.  I know a couple people here drafted him and they are thoroughly happy with his "injury prone" production this season.  Didn't you argue with me on another thread about drafting Joe Mixon this season?  I said don't do it because of the offensive line and the new system?  I took hell in that thread too.  Typically, when people help me, I just say "Thank you" and move along.  Maybe it wasn't you, but the name rings a bell.  If you drafted Cook, enjoy the spoils of a good pick.  If not, why are you wasting so much time trying to prove he wasn't worth your time?  lol  Makes zero sense unless it's draft remorse kicking in. 

Pulled the trigger and did a buy low on Tyreek Hill...traded Diggs and A. Rodgers for Cam and Tyreek.  I don't really need Cam and may end up dropping him, real goal was to upgrade the WR spot.   I can wait a week or two for Tyreek to come back, maybe even Cam as well with Lamar Jackson starting there.  

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

And yet he missed ONE game outside of his ACL tear in his ENTIRE career.  The dude ripped his shoulder up and missed ZERO games.  In college, he missed all of ONE game.  Ummm, who didn't miss a game in college?  Seriously?  He tore his ACL suffered the usual side effects, a hamstring issue which is almost expected and a calf injury (which you don't have listed here, but he had one) also related to the ACL.  My goodness.  I've never seen people so against winning.  I'm not even a massive Dalvin Cook fan, just trying to explain the guy IS a stud and that he's healthy.  I keep seeing tons of comments about him being injury prone, but as you posted above without intent, he's NOT.  All but an ankle sprain, FOUR YEARS AGO.  lol  I don't get it.  Isn't the entire purpose of this Forum to help people win?  He's kicking some major behind, yet people are still hounding him.  Ok then.  I know a couple people here drafted him and they are thoroughly happy with his "injury prone" production this season.  Didn't you argue with me on another thread about drafting Joe Mixon this season?  I said don't do it because of the offensive line and the new system?  I took hell in that thread too.  Typically, when people help me, I just say "Thank you" and move along.  Maybe it wasn't you, but the name rings a bell.  If you drafted Cook, enjoy the spoils of a good pick.  If not, why are you wasting so much time trying to prove he wasn't worth your time?  lol  Makes zero sense unless it's draft remorse kicking in. 

The fact that Cook is a good RB when he's healthy isn't in dispute; It's just amusing watching you try to deny the plain facts of his injury history.

Earlier you said "Cook DOES NOT have a documented injury history"; he clearly does, and it was posted.

Now you say "he missed ONE game outside of his ACL tear," when the posted injury history--which you quoted--clearly shows that he missed 5 games with a hammy.

At first, I thought you were just a student who needed a lot of remedial attention.  After a few failed attempts to enlighten you on other topics (in which you most certainly did NOT just say "Thank you" and move along), I can see now that you are immune to education, and so, rather than viewing your posts as a cry for help, I merely enjoy them for the entertainment value of utter nonsense.

I'm looking at Bell personally.   Owner is 0-3 and only backup RB is McCoy.  Want to package carson and Thielen for Bell and John Ross and see what he counters with..

Jarvis Landry. At some point OBJ will get dinged up. If Tannehill was able to find him, Mayfield should be able to as well

11 minutes ago, mcgruber said:

Want to package carson and Thielen for Bell and John Ross and see what he counters with..

Counter?  Any rational owner would hit ACCEPT as quickly as possible, so as to prevent you from thinking the better of it.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

The thing is this is a far different offense from last year. So to me there’s a reason Diggs is underperforming and thus I am not terribly interested 

I don't disagree which is why I mentioned getting him for cheap.   I'd hope he's better than this past Sunday going forward but maybe someone would trade him away as if they think he will not get better. 

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

Pulled the trigger and did a buy low on Tyreek Hill...traded Diggs and A. Rodgers for Cam and Tyreek.  I don't really need Cam and may end up dropping him, real goal was to upgrade the WR spot.   I can wait a week or two for Tyreek to come back, maybe even Cam as well with Lamar Jackson starting there.  

Love it for you.   If you don't need Rodgers that's a no brainer deal.   

You can get Rogers for peanuts.. i think that GB O will change in the 2nd half of the season  and they'll start airing it out . Rogers and Adams have too big of egos to have such weak stat sheets 

22 minutes ago, crackills said:

You can get Rogers for peanuts.. i think that GB O will change in the 2nd half of the season  and they'll start airing it out . Rogers and Adams have too big of egos to have such weak stat sheets 

I hope you're right, but that team is 3-0. Hard to see any offensive philosophy changing at this point. Either Adams gets back to his TD ways or he's done. As an Adams owner I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, mcgruber said:

I'm looking at Bell personally.   Owner is 0-3 and only backup RB is McCoy.  Want to package carson and Thielen for Bell and John Ross and see what he counters with..

I don’t know what the rest of your team looks like, but that seems like a lot to give up. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

The fact that Cook is a good RB when he's healthy isn't in dispute; It's just amusing watching you try to deny the plain facts of his injury history.

Earlier you said "Cook DOES NOT have a documented injury history"; he clearly does, and it was posted.

Now you say "he missed ONE game outside of his ACL tear," when the posted injury history--which you quoted--clearly shows that he missed 5 games with a hammy.

At first, I thought you were just a student who needed a lot of remedial attention.  After a few failed attempts to enlighten you on other topics (in which you most certainly did NOT just say "Thank you" and move along), I can see now that you are immune to education, and so, rather than viewing your posts as a cry for help, I merely enjoy them for the entertainment value of utter nonsense.

You are a special kind of stupid.  I have posted on this board sooooo many times that his ACL and Hammy issues are related and been supported by nearly everyone who has replied, other than you.  It's a medical fact.  I stated he missed ONE game outside of his ACL injury, that is true.  The Hammy was 100% a result of that, as was his calf strain, so why would I list them as being separate from the ACL tear?  Even the Vikings (use Google) made it clear they tried to rush him back sooner than he was medically ready. 

I've also posted here, more than once, his ENTIRE medical history, including both high school and college.  The link I provided gave much more information than the one posted above and listed more "injuries".  Have you not read the NFL Injury Report?  Some players are on it nearly half the season, yet miss no games.  Same for Cook with his supposed "injuries".  If you aren't missing games, I don't care if you are on the report, nor should you.

You also cherry pick what you'll reply to.  How many times have you been called out here by other forum members, yet moved on and not replied?  Quite a few.  You're a troll who cannot stand to see someone else provide good information.  Say what you will, but Cook looks absolutely awesome.  Oh, so do Olsen, Walker, McLaurin, Brown etc. etc.  You've had something to say on posts made by nearly everyone, but even when the person is correct, you still post nonsense.  I'm sorry you have such a difficult time with other people being correct.  Single child syndrome?  Mother should have swallowed syndrome?  I'm not sure which it is, but it's almost comical.  Almost.  I've read through most of the threads here and you've been trashed by at least 2 dozen people who post here regularly, yet you keep on going.  You never have any good information to provide and are only here to tout yourself or rip on someone else for whatever they post.  It's sad you have no life.  That part is plainly obvious or you wouldn't be wasting your time making comments that do not help anyone.  That's what this entire forum is for. 

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I stated he missed ONE game outside of his ACL injury, that is true.

That is false; he also missed five games with a hamstring injury in 2018.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The Hammy was 100% a result of that, as was his calf strain, so why would I list them as being separate from the ACL tear? 

Because hamstring injuries and calf injuries are not the same as ACL injuries.

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know what the rest of your team looks like, but that seems like a lot to give up. 

I said john ross but I meant Tyler Boyd.

Other RBs - David Johnson, Mark Ingram, Ekeler

Other WRs - Michael Thomas, Tyler Lockett, Curtis Samuel - only have to start 2.

Full point PPR league as well.  Minnesota obviously a run first team so Thielen scares me, but I can always play Lockett in games they are heavily favored.  Seattle will likely run more than they have been so I honestly think Carson will be fine, but I just think Bell is probably better for PPR. 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, jrokh said:

With Cook, I'm mostly concerned about the ACL tear.

The thigh Hamstring strain/pull may have even come as a result of being physically active in the timeframe of the ACL recovery.   

They say the recovery can happen in a year, but I have found most often it takes 2 full years for the body to adjust, and you are more prone to the meniscus tears and some soft tissue injuries. (especially in that first 2 years after the injury when the gait may not be where it should be due to compensating for the injury)

I think he will be fine, but will likely have a shorter career than comparable players because of that injury.

I wouldnt go out and label him injury prone just yet. 

but hes now 2 years out from his surgery, so physically hes about as good as hes gonna be.

2 hours ago, mcgruber said:

I said john ross but I meant Tyler Boyd.

Other RBs - David Johnson, Mark Ingram, Ekeler

Other WRs - Michael Thomas, Tyler Lockett, Curtis Samuel - only have to start 2.

Full point PPR league as well.  Minnesota obviously a run first team so Thielen scares me, but I can always play Lockett in games they are heavily favored.  Seattle will likely run more than they have been so I honestly think Carson will be fine, but I just think Bell is probably better for PPR. 

Hey thanks for the update, I appreciate it. 

Yeah I could do that. 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, jrokh said:

That’s pretty well documented lmao.