Sign in to follow this  
zftcg

Streaming defenses: Who ya got Week 5?

I posted earlier how I'm likely platooning Saint/Texans for rest of season, with reason for Saints is def the next few weeks, plus they seemed to have turned it up on D as they try to make up for Brees being out.

Other than that def agree with Phi v NYJ and Ten v Bills

This thread renamed Week 5 confused me... having to search for the convo about where Week 5 starts.

Help me out folks.🙄

Why do many of you say that NO (and to some degree Carolina) have good schedules coming up? They both have Tampa Bay and as much as we make fun of TB......their offense is clicking now.

It appears to me that Dallas has the best schedule for the next 3 weeks......or am I missing something altogether here??

2 minutes ago, robb said:

Help me out folks.🙄

Why do many of you say that NO (and to some degree Carolina) have good schedules coming up? They both have Tampa Bay and as much as we make fun of TB......their offense is clicking now.

It appears to me that Dallas has the best schedule for the next 3 weeks......or am I missing something altogether here??

Tampa is clicking so I agree with you, avoid defenses playing against them.  Jameis isn't turning the ball over as much and Arians offense is looking potent.  Carolina is putting lots of pressure on the QB, but still not a great matchup vs Tampa.  NO may be a good option after Brees returns, but i don't have quite the faith in them in the short term, and also not trust them vs Bucs. 

Robb, sent you DM about your spreadsheet...

I was able to pick up the Panthers, but my first thought was the Saints, I want to see Winston do it once again on the road in the dome. 

I think the Saints this weekend will be a good move. 

1 hour ago, robb said:

Help me out folks.🙄

Bucs offense is coming around, but Jameis still threw a pick 6 last game and think  Rams had a game where they just were looking past the 'lowly' Bucs, esp w/Thu night matchup this week v Hawks.  

Saints D were already good and seem to be tightening things up even more with Brees out.  Bucs will get theirs, but Saints will get at them too.

And with Cowboys it's Pack/Jets/Eagles...I get the Jets but you think the other 2 are good plays for Dallas?

WTS, I understand concerns with Saints v Bucs so def recomment Eagles or Titans if they're available this week.

17 hours ago, BuschWack said:

This thread renamed Week 5 confused me... having to search for the convo about where Week 5 starts.

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was better to re-title the thread or start a new one. I can put an updated note in the first post.

6 hours ago, zftcg said:

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was better to re-title the thread or start a new one. I can put an updated note in the first post.

Just start a new one each week. Nobody wants to search through pages to figure out where the weeks start and end. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Just start a new one each week. Nobody wants to search through pages to figure out where the weeks start and end. Thanks.

OK, will do going forward.

I have crap at the moment. Washington, Tampa, and Baltimore. I think I'm going with Tampa this week. Maybe Balt. 

1 hour ago, sderk said:

I have crap at the moment. Washington, Tampa, and Baltimore. I think I'm going with Tampa this week. Maybe Balt. 

It’s funny. Tampa is out there. Do we like them against the saints more than the saints against the bucs? Bucs are quietly a top 5 fantasy defense.

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

It’s funny. Tampa is out there. Do we like them against the saints more than the saints against the bucs? Bucs are quietly a top 5 fantasy defense.

They are. And they go against Teddy. 

I wish I could get ahold of the Ravens def this weekend. 

I dropped the Ravens for the Eagles. Ravens to go off. 

Darnold is OUT for week 5. Fire up The Iggles D against Luke Falk with confidence?

I have Ravens and Jags. Sick of having 2 defenses and I really want to start the Eagles this weekend. All 3 defenses haven't been very good though.

I think I'll drop the Jags. They're different without Ramsey and have a tougher schedule.

52 minutes ago, Armchairwarrior said:

Trying to decide between panthers and iggles.  Iggles worst pass defense vs the worse past offense.

Eagles easily.

I like the 49er's ...Teams off a bye week always a plus,  SF D has been tough before bye week...also...Browns QB play  has been suspect with several Ints. and few TD's...

Last week I streamed ATL at home against TEN.... yeah.... that'll never happen again. There's word Falcons coach might get fired soon. I kinda hope he does.

This week it's CAR at home against JAX.  Panthers had good situations in Weeks 2 and 3 and generally sucked... so don't know what to expect. Mostly hope JAX sucks.

I don’t know defenses seem so random. A bounce of the ball etc.  It’s almost like kickers.