Alias Detective

Official President Trump Impeachment Inquiry Thread

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Is it?  Not sure.  Didn't the Clintons and the DNC hire Michael Steele (British with deep Russia ties) to create that Dossier against Trump in 2016? 

Admittedly I didn't keep up with the whole Russia thing, but that was my understanding. 

It can be illegal.  

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

58 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't asking for foreign help in investigating a rival in an election illegal?

He's not a rival ya bozo...

Does running as a Democrat make you immune to investigations? 

That's the argument you're trying to make. Its retarded. Big time. Trump has a duty to root out corruption. Running against 20 other democratics doesnt make you untouchable.  If it does I'd like you to link the proof. 

Maybe worms can, he's the lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No.

The US and Ukraine signed a treaty under Bill Clinton authorizing cooperation on investigations involving corruption.

The fact that Biden is competing with 20 other Democrats for the 2020 nomination doesn't grant him immunity from crimes he may have committed.

Using your logic the FBI, CIA, and Mueller all broke the law investigating Trump on Russia collusion.

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

That's the argument you're trying to make. Its retarded. Big time. Trump has a duty to root out corruption. Running against 20 other democratics doesnt make you untouchable.  If it does I'd like you to link the proof. 

How is Biden not a rival to Trump?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How is Biden not a rival to Trump?

How does that make him immune even if he was which he isn't yet?

1 minute ago, Intense Observer said:

No.

The US and Ukraine signed a treaty under Bill Clinton authorizing cooperation on investigations involving corruption.

The fact that Biden is competing with 20 other Democrats for the 2020 nomination doesn't grant him immunity from crimes he may have committed.

Using your logic the FBI, CIA, and Mueller all broke the law investigating Trump on Russia collusion.

If Trump was asking another country to do something that would in turn benefit himself in a future election that I think that could be illegal and worth looking into.

You are not understanding my logic at all if that's what you came up with.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It can be illegal.  

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

😂

China has been funding the Clintons for 30 years.

Russia gave the Clintons $500k directly for a speech in Moscow.

Biden withheld a billion dollars unless Ukraine fired the prosecutor investigating the company his son worked for.

But Trump asked Ukraine about corruption involving millions of dollars and quid pro quo from the former administration.

Muh! ...... Peach Mint!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How does that make him immune even if he was which he isn't yet?

What the hell are you guys talking about.  I don't think Biden is immune at all.  Send the old man to jail, I don't care.  This is about whether or not Trump went about it in a legal way.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If Trump was asking another country to do something that would in turn benefit himself in a future election that I think that could be illegal and worth looking into.

You are not understanding my logic at all if that's what you came up with.

So now anyone under criminal investigation just has to run for office and they get immunity?

• Sad 1

What the hell are you guys talking about.  I don't think Biden is immune at all.  Send the old man to jail, I don't care.  This is about whether or not Trump went about it in a legal way.

What law did he potentially break. Your argument is that Biden is his political rival. So focking what if he is ? 

So now anyone under criminal investigation just has to run for office and they get immunity?

I really think we are on different pages here.  I'm confused as to what you guys are getting at.  I'm not talking about immunity at all.

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

What law did he potentially break. Your argument is that Biden is his political rival. So focking what if he is ? 

Never mind.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I really think we are on different pages here.  I'm confused as to what you guys are getting at.  I'm not talking about immunity at all.

You are saying it is illegal for Ukraine to investigate any potential Biden-Burisma corruption because he is Trump's political rival.

If you mean something else then clarify.

Speaking of transcripts

https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-trump-did-not-link-ukraine-meeting-to-push-for-biden-investigation/

According to transcripts that were released on Tuesday, Kurt Volker, the former U.S. envoy to Ukraine claimed that President Donald Trump did **NOT** seek to withhold or delay a meeting with the Ukrainian president unless they started an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

The comments were made by Volker last month during a closed-door deposition and came when he was asked if the President delayed the meeting with Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky until he promised a probe into Biden.

During the same testimony, Volker was asked if President Trump asked Zelensky to "manufacture dirt on the Bidens."

No,” he responded. “And I’ve seen that phrase thrown around a lot. And I think there’s a difference between the manufacture or dig up dirt versus finding out did anything happen in the 2016 campaign or did anything happen with Burisma. I think – or even if he's asking them to investigate the Bidens, it is to find out what facts there may be rather than to manufacture something.”

Speaking of transcripts

https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-trump-did-not-link-ukraine-meeting-to-push-for-biden-investigation/

According to transcripts that were released on Tuesday, Kurt Volker, the former U.S. envoy to Ukraine claimed that President Donald Trump did **NOT** seek to withhold or delay a meeting with the Ukrainian president unless they started an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

The comments were made by Volker last month during a closed-door deposition and came when he was asked if the President delayed the meeting with Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky until he promised a probe into Biden.

During the same testimony, Volker was asked if President Trump asked Zelensky to "manufacture dirt on the Bidens."

No,” he responded. “And I’ve seen that phrase thrown around a lot. And I think there’s a difference between the manufacture or dig up dirt versus finding out did anything happen in the 2016 campaign or did anything happen with Burisma. I think – or even if he's asking them to investigate the Bidens, it is to find out what facts there may be rather than to manufacture something.”

I was just about to post that. :cheers:

So if Hillary (or any other criminal) jumps in the race, the DOJ can't proceed with the Clinton Foundation investigation? :doh:

I guess Strzok, McCabe, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Lynch, Priestrap, or any of the other 3 dozen plus people fired/removed from DOJ/FBI should announce they're running for POTUS.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

I never once said that the story was true so how did I fall for it?  As of now it's a developing story and it may not have much truth to it.

You are passing it on without calling it out. Quit playing stupid or maybe you aren’t playing.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who knows?  

1. Define rival

2.  Biden isn’t currently running against Trump for anything.  In fact, he may never do so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

ROFLMAO.  How many times is Worms gonna get played?  I mean, he actually said Trump admitted to ALL OF IT.  Yet here we are.......

8 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Who knows?  

1. Define rival

2.  Biden isn’t currently running against Trump for anything.  In fact, he may never do so. 

They avoid that fact. Or dismiss it. 

So all the Democratic candidates are wanting the impeachment of their rival to go forward, using whatever means including help from foreign governments. I guess they should be removed from consideration for the office? 

Just now, drobeski said:

Even if her was,I still don’t see why it would be illegal. 

Half of every political campaign is discrediting your opponent.  

56 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

You are saying it is illegal for Ukraine to investigate any potential Biden-Burisma corruption because he is Trump's political rival.

If you mean something else then clarify.

I'm saying it may be illegal for Trump to ask another country for help looking into a political rival if it would benefit him in a future election.

I'm saying it may be illegal for Trump to ask another country for help looking into a political rival if it would benefit him in a future election.

How could it benefit him ?

Biden did no wrong. 

Biden is not his rival. How is he his rival ?

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I haven't avoided or dismissed anything.   Would you prefer that I say "potential" rival?

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So both Joe and Hunter can say 'I'm running for President until I die' and no one can ever investigate them? Is that why Hillary keeps running?   :lol:

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So both Joe and Hunter can say 'I'm running for President until I die' and no one can ever investigate them? Is that why Hillary keeps running?   :lol:

How do you keep coming to this conclusion?  I would think anyone one could investigate them.  According to the law I think it's just the President that can't ask another country for help.  That's just how I interpret it.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How do you keep coming to this conclusion?  I would think anyone one could investigate them.  According to the law I think it's just the President that can't ask another country for help.  That's just how I interpret it.

So Obama was wrong to ask the UK, Australia, Italy and Canada for help investigating Trump?

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

So Obama was wrong to ask the UK, Australia, Italy and Canada for help investigating Trump?

Obama wasn't running for President.  He was the current President at the time so I'm not sure how that one works.  That's actually a good question.

Obama wasn't running for President.  He was the current President at the time so I'm not sure how that one works.  That's actually a good question.

The real question is why aren't criminals who are seeking office allowed to be investigated?

20 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

The real question is why aren't criminals who are seeking office allowed to be investigated?

I am not saying that and I don’t understand why you keep asking me that. 

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

Of course it’s illegal and it’s definitely not the kind of behavior that ANYONE should accept from ANY president, regardless if political affiliation.

To put it in perspective, this is almost exactly what Nixon did except even worse because at least Nixon didn’t try to go through a g0ddamn foreign government — and hold up military aid vital to US national security interests in the process!!

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't avoided or dismissed anything.   Would you prefer that I say "potential" rival?

Which would make the claim of "rival" complete horseshit?

I am not saying that and I don’t understand why you keep asking me that. 

You're saying the President can't ask; I understand that. The President is the chief law enforcement officer of our nation. If not him, who would ask the Ukrainians? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  How many times is Worms gonna get played?  I mean, he actually said Trump admitted to ALL OF IT.  Yet here we are.......

I said Mulvaney, Trump’s chief of staff admitted to it. And he did.

Boy the Sondland “clarification” is even worse for the Trump Administration than I thought — he directly implicated Mike Pence, too! :unsure:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Of course it’s illegal and it’s definitely not the kind of behavior that ANYONE should accept from ANY president, regardless if political affiliation.

To put it in perspective, this is almost exactly what Nixon did except even worse because at least Nixon didn’t try to go through a g0ddamn foreign government — and hold up military aid vital to US national security interests in the process!!

Obama did it, you accepted it. What's the law ? Link it.