Alias Detective

Official President Trump Impeachment Inquiry Thread

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Yes or no.  Trump stated he was withholding aid until Biden was investigated.  

Waiting...

And if "yes" - he did a pretty shitty job of it because Ukraine got the aid and Biden was not investigated.   That evil manipulative genius does a really poor job of evil-ing and manipulating again.   He really needs to step up his game

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’ll get a second term but it’ll be a total dud. People are tired of his schtick and will totally tune him out.

Lazy thinkers will call this term a dud, while the rest of us look at his appointees to all the benches in the land.  You think that will stop?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I agree.

I think it backfires on the Dems, not like it did to the Repubs when they stupidly did this, but it still backfires.....they continue to use the old model against a guy who has proven impervious to the standard tricks of politics.

Ideally, it would turn people away, but there are still plenty of US citizens hell bent on getting some sort of revenge against Trump.  I thought the whining and screeching would wane after the first year of his term, but it hasn't at all. 

I think he might be both the most hated AND most loved politician the country has ever seen.  Not many people are on the fence with him.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Sure it works.  On some people.  

As I said before, your average-below average citizen hears the terms impeach, subpoena, whistleblower, wrong doing and investigation every day for a year and it’s bound to impact their decision at the ballot box.  

The real question is will it work well enough to put a Democrat in office instead of Trump?  We shall see. 

On the other side of the scale is if enough fence sitters (independents & vote switchers) recognize that the lefties are mostly just throwing mud at the wall and doing it to the detriment of the country - will that push them to vote for Trump?   Will that be large enough to overcome the ones that hear the constant drum thumping of impeach, racist, etc and it impacts them?     Like I said in a prior post - it's kind of fascinatiing and terrifying at the same time to see how this will all wash out in 2020

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Masshole said:

On the other side of the scale is if enough fence sitters (independents & vote switchers) recognize that the lefties are mostly just throwing mud at the wall and doing it to the detriment of the country - will that push them to vote for Trump?   Will that be large enough to overcome the ones that hear the constant drum thumping of impeach, racist, etc and it impacts them?     Like I said in a prior post - it's kind of fascinatiing and terrifying at the same time to see how this will all wash out in 2020

Actually the concern is what happens AFTER the 2020 election.  If a democrat wins, I believe it sends us immediately into civil war.  The Trump base will just assume a democrat win means they will open the border floodgates and foreigners will pour in on a scale we've never seen.  Its the death of the nation.  And that means the nation dies on election night and the next day the right wing begins organizing a revolt. 

A democrat president will never be accepted again.  Ever.  Obama is the last one.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Actually the concern is what happens AFTER the 2020 election.  If a democrat wins, I believe it sends us immediately into civil war.  The Trump base will just assume a democrat win means they will open the border floodgates and foreigners will pour in on a scale we've never seen.  Its the death of the nation.  And that means the nation dies on election night and the next day the right wing begins organizing a revolt. 

A democrat president will never be accepted again.  Ever.  Obama is the last one.

you should go on vacation

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Masshole said:

No, Walter, you’re not wrong—you’re just an assh0le!

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

you should go on vacation

There is no vacation from it for the alt right.  To them, racism against whites is now pervasive in our culture.  They cannot escape it for a day.  It bleeds into the news, entertainment, the workplace.  It doesn't stop.  A democrat win in 2020 just causes it to boil over.  I wish people could take a vacation from it.

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No, Walter, you’re not wrong—you’re just an assh0le!

I mean, say what you want about the tenants of Masshole's post, IGW, at least it's an ethos

23 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I'm sure they're out there, but I have a hard time believing there are many people on the fence about Trump. 

18 minutes ago, riversco said:

You're entitled to your opinions, but these kinds of posts are way off the mark IMO.  Most Trump supporters aren't so incapable of accepting the results of a national election that they would declare war against the Democratic party.  

12 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I'm sure they're out there, but I have a hard time believing there are many people on the fence about Trump. 

You're entitled to your opinions, but these kinds of posts are way off the mark IMO.  Most Trump supporters aren't so incapable of accepting the results of a national election that they would declare war against the Democratic party.  

As I pointed out many times, the middle class never participates in civil wars.  They always sit on the sidelines.  They always refuse to believe it is coming.  I have said repeatedly that I never expect the demographic of this forum to believe nor participate in it.  But you must look beyond your own class and see the bigger picture.  In that picture, you have states that are 80%+ white that are filled with whites living in poverty.  A lot of them in the rust belt.  A lot of them look to Trump rallies.  A lot of them see no future for themselves in the nation as it is constructed.  20% of the public might revolt (concentrated in rust belt areas).  But if 20% revolt, you actually DO have a revolt.

The most likely outcome for posters here?  I think many will ultimately leave the US and go live in another country.  Tons of middle class colonists left the US after the revolutionary war.  I think it will happen again.  Nothing is ever new.  We repeat the same patterns over and over.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

As I pointed out many times, the middle class never participates in civil wars.  They always sit on the sidelines.  They always refuse to believe it is coming.  I have said repeatedly that I never expect the demographic of this forum to believe nor participate in it.  But you must look beyond your own class and see the bigger picture.  In that picture, you have states that are 80%+ white that are filled with whites living in poverty.  A lot of them in the rust belt.  A lot of them look to Trump rallies.  A lot of them see no future for themselves in the nation as it is constructed.  20% of the public might revolt (concentrated in rust belt areas).  But if 20% revolt, you actually DO have a revolt.

The most likely outcome for posters here?  I think many will ultimately leave the US and go live in another country.  Tons of middle class colonists left the US after the revolutionary war.  I think it will happen again.  Nothing is ever new.  We repeat the same patterns over and over.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.  Even under recent Dem leadership, the country kept chugging along.  No empire lasts forever, and the US will someday go the way of the Romans.  But it won't happen in our lifetime.  Despite what some people think, we still have it way better here than anywhere else.  

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

You still haven't answered my question.....

I will get to all of your questions when you stop bobbing and weaving and answer mine from yesterday.

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.  Even under recent Dem leadership, the country kept chugging along.  No empire lasts forever, and the US will someday go the way of the Romans.  But it won't happen in our lifetime.  Despite what some people think, we still have it way better here than anywhere else.  

The key is trust.  The republican base's trust in the system collapsed to basically 0% in 2016.  Even under almost all of Obama's 2 terms, it was a lot higher.  This is a VERY recent development.  When trust collapses, the nation collapses.

There is a specific timeline on republican trust.  Coming out of WW2, trust was 70%+ for both parties.  It was sky high.  Key events destroyed trust.  The first one was Nixon's resignation.  We see republican's trust in the system take a sharp and permanent drop down to around 50%.  The second was the media turning against the Iraq invasion in 2003.  We see a second sharp and permanent drop to around 30%.  The final one was in 2016 when a combined SJW push (a war on cops, gay marriage, a war on guns, etc) basically zeroed it out.   THAT opens us up to civil war.  This hasn't happened overnight.  Its been a 50 year process.  Maybe the media refuses to cover it, but the transformation has taken place.

You must understand the timeline.  Just blindly saying "I'm not seeing it" is extremely unconvincing.  Or just review the litany of experts in the thread I posted about it.

President Trump wants to read the Ukraine transcript as a fireside chat

“This is over a phone call that is a good call,” Trump, sitting behind the Resolute Desk, said in an interview with the Washington Examiner. "At some point, I’m going to sit down, perhaps as a fireside chat on live television, and I will read the transcript of the call, because people have to hear it. When you read it, it’s a straight call.”

God, I don't ask you for much, but please, please make this happen.   🙏 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

God, I don't ask you for much, but please, please make this happen. 

Both sides will say "See!", and then go back to the same old bickering.  

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

God, I don't ask you for much, but please, please make this happen.   🙏 

:lol: 

49 minutes ago, riversco said:

Don't let 'em fool ya.  There ain't one person on this bored rich enough to pack up and leave this country behind.  And where are they gonna go?  You can't just show up with your luggage in another country and expect citizenship.  You can in America maybe, but we're idiots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Don't let 'em fool ya.  There ain't one person on this bored rich enough to pack up and leave this country behind.  And where are they gonna go?  You can't just show up with your luggage in another country and expect citizenship.  You can in America maybe, but we're idiots.

Canada and Mexico are the only real destinations.  One is too hot, the other too cold. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Canada and Mexico are the only real destinations.  One is too hot, the other too cold. 

Okay Goldilocks.   

I just googled apply for citizenship in Canada, cuz fock Mexico.  Who would want to live in that dump?

Eligibility
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:

be a permanent resident
have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
have filed your taxes, if you need to
pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
prove your language skills

Prove your language skills means you must be able to speak and write in either English or French.  What a novel idea.

Ya'll ain't moving nowhere.

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Don't let 'em fool ya.  There ain't one person on this bored rich enough to pack up and leave this country behind.  And where are they gonna go?  You can't just show up with your luggage in another country and expect citizenship.  You can in America maybe but we're idiots.

I could, but I’m not sure where I’d go. :cheers:

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I could, but I’m not sure where I’d go. :cheers:

I can't, but if I could I'm not sure where I'd go either.  Somewhere with loads of poor Asian wimmen prolly.

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Chiner?

15 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I just googled apply for citizenship in Canada, cuz fock Mexico.  Who would want to live in that dump?

Eligibility
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:

be a permanent resident
have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
have filed your taxes, if you need to
pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
prove your language skills

Prove your language skills means you must be able to speak and write in either English or French.  What a novel idea.

Ya'll ain't moving nowhere.

I could easily live in Canada.  Find a cabin on lake somewhere with a bunch of acres of timber.  Sounds awesome.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I could easily live in Canada.  Find a cabin on lake somewhere with a bunch of acres of timber.  Sounds awesome.

Oh, absolutely, me too.  I'm just saying it's not as easy to gain citizenship as some might believe.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Oh, absolutely, me too.  I'm just saying it's not as easy to gain citizenship as some might believe.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Ummmmm,  I think you two are missing a pretty big one;   Canadian women!!!! 

Just now, Masshole said:

Ummmmm,  I think you two are missing a pretty big one;   Canadian women!!!! 

I'm married.  Plus, French women don't shave. Gross.

I was curious what land sells for in Canada and it's incredibly cheap.  Around $500 an acre in some areas.  I'm jealous.

39 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Okay Goldilocks.   

Hey, I like it comfy right here in the US.  Just like you.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was curious what land sells for in Canada and it's incredibly cheap.  Around $500 an acre in some areas.  I'm jealous.

The cities are insanely expensive. 

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

The cities are insanely expensive. 

Yeah, I would never move to a larger city.  I live the rural life away from people.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, I would never move to a larger city.  I live the rural life away from people.

The taxes are the same in the country. Really Fockin high.  Free medical ya hoser

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The taxes are the same in the country. Really Fockin high.  Free medical ya hoser

I'd pay higher taxes if I could buy over 200 acres of land with timber and waterfront for $100,000 then as a bonus my whole family has free health care.  That's not terrible.  Take off, eh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'd pay higher taxes if I could buy over 200 acres of land with timber and waterfront for $100,000 then as a bonus my whole family has free health care.  That's not terrible.  Take off, eh.

Well, you can't.  

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Actually, you would be paying higher taxes for low quality health care - when you could actually use it. 

Chances are you'd end up dead before you could get in to see a doctor - that's what Socialized regimes call "Saving Money".