Alias Detective

Official President Trump Impeachment Inquiry Thread

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There are very few black people in my small town and I am not around them to hear them use it.  I hear it from white people plenty of times though.  I don't think the racism is near as strong as it use to be.  I shouldn't have said there is a lot of hatred before, there's a lot of dislike for the black community around here but I don't think there is a lot of pure hatred.  A lot of people I know who say the things they do about blacks would never dare say it to their face.  Around here I think most of their racism comes from ignorance because they do not know any black people.

Using the N word does not make you a racist!

Just now, Baker Boy said:

I think that can be true but not always.  Why use the word at all when describing a person?

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Are you going to caucus? If so for who?

Whenever I take those political surveys to see what candidate matches my opinions it usually recommends Yang and Steyer ahead of Buttigieg.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think that can be true but not always.  Why use the word at all when describing a person?

Why is it ok for a Black person to use it? Are they racist? If they call me a cracker are they racist?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There are very few black people in my small town and I am not around them to hear them use it.  I hear it from white people plenty of times though.  I don't think the racism is near as strong as it use to be.  I shouldn't have said there is a lot of hatred before, there's a lot of dislike for the black community around here but I don't think there is a lot of pure hatred.  A lot of people I know who say the things they do about blacks would never dare say it to their face.  Around here I think most of their racism comes from ignorance because they do not know any black people.

I have lived in about 8 states and in Canada. Including inner city Hartford, Chicago, Baltimore, Albuquerque, Tampa, etc.... I have never heard a white person say the N word other than when talking about the use of that word or in a joking manner. It gets mentioned on this site more than anywhere I have ever seen. Usually by liberals. 

I have heard black people use it all the time.

• Thanks 1

Why is it ok for a Black person to use it? 

It depends on the intent of the usage of the word.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nothing you've described is racism, unless the word's meaning has changed.  While it may be offensive on some level, even MLK wouldn't call someone simply using the N word racism.  He would laugh at some of the crap people like you call racism.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I have lived in about 8 states and in Canada. Including inner city Hartford, Chicago, Baltimore, Albuquerque, Tampa, etc.... I have never heard a white person say the N word other than when talking about the use of that word or in a joking manner. It gets mentioned on this site more than anywhere I have ever seen. Usually by liberals. 

I have heard black people use it all the time.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that you don't hear it used in larger cities.  Get out in the rural areas and small towns.

Is that also true for white people?

Just now, Strike said:

Nothing you've described is racism, unless the word's meaning has changed.  While it may be offensive on some level, even MLK wouldn't call someone simply using the N word racism.  He would laugh at some of the crap people like you call racism.

I'm not saying that just simply using the word is racist though.  The people I know who use it a lot do not like blacks and use the word as a slur.  I hear others using it in a joking matter plenty of times and know they are not racist people.  I do not think that ever person who uses that word is a racist and I know there's a difference.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I won’t lie I use the word to describe gang members and thugs 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not saying that just simply using the word is racist though.  The people I know who use it a lot do not like blacks and use the word as a slur.  I hear others using it in a joking matter plenty of times and know they are not racist people.  I do not think that ever person who uses that word is a racist and I know there's a difference.

There's always going to be people who don't like other people due to some characteristic.  That's NEVER going to change.  This notion that it will is a fantasy.  And guess what?  There's NOTHING wrong with that.  Some of us have/will overcome it but for various reasons there will always be some level of prejudice in the world.  That doesn't make it a significant problem.  It's really not except possibly in very small pockets of our country.  That's why I know better than to travel at night by myself in Compton CA. 

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

This was me in kindergarten.

I was shocked and saddened when the teacher told me that black people ("black people?" that sounds so weird, until that point, in my life I'd never heard anybody but her call them that, everyone calls them the n-word, it was the normal word we always used) I didn't like the sound of "black people". It bounced off my ear and seemed ridiculous, nobody ever calls them that. 

I wanted to reassure all the __________ that we like them and that nobody means you any offense when we call you _______. And I meant it.

Black people are very racist, homophobic and misogynistic. Anyone who has spent time in that community knows this. Ask a chinaman that works in the ghetto. 

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's plenty of it right here in rural Iowa.  The N word still gets used daily around here.  There's a lot of hatred towards the black community.  It's better than it was a long time ago but it still exists.  You see it right on this forum.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Is that also true for white people?

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes

I guess you know the intent of all the White people in Iowa. It looks like you were using the liberal trick of creating racism where there isn’t any. I am calling Your claim BS!

#JussieSmollett 

I guess you know the intent of all the White people in Iowa. It looks like you were using the liberal trick of creating racism where there isn’t any

Why do you insist on creating this narrative for me?  I am not claiming that all white people in Iowa are racist.  I am not saying that everyone that uses the N word has the same intent.  All I said it that it still exists and that I think that it can still be a problem.  To deny it is just ignorant.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

There's always going to be people who don't like other people due to some characteristic.  That's NEVER going to change.  This notion that it will is a fantasy.  And guess what?  There's NOTHING wrong with that.  Some of us have/will overcome it but for various reasons there will always be some level of prejudice in the world.  That doesn't make it a significant problem.  It's really not except possibly in very small pockets of our country.  That's why I know better than to travel at night by myself in Compton CA. 

I agree with you.  I don't think it's a significant problem and it's much better than it use to be.  I know it still exists more than I'd like to see though.

Why do you insist on creating this narrative for me?  I am not claiming that all white people in Iowa are racist.  I am not saying that everyone that uses the N word has the same intent.  All I said it that it still exists and that I think that it can still be a problem.  To deny it is just ignorant.

And I am calling you a liar!

#JussieSmollett 

And I am calling you a liar!

#JussieSmollett 

I am questioning your intelligence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure yet.  If I do it will most likely be Buttigieg.  There really aren't any candidates that I really, really like.  If Trump wins I'm fine with it.  He's exceeded my expectations for him, which were very low.  I actually think he'd be one of our better Presidents if he wasn't such a dumba$$.  If he would shut up more often I think he'd have more support.  I'd like to see someone younger as President though.

It doesn't bother you that he has pledged to take your tax money and support illegals with it?

A major thing I look for in a President is that he/she puts Americans first.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

It doesn't bother you that he has pledged to take your tax money and support illegals with it?

A major thing I look for in a President is that he/she puts Americans first.

That is one of the things I don't agree with him on.

It's kind of a big thing. It will obliterate our economy to support everyone who waltzes across our borders, which will be wide open due to Buttigiggs open door policy.

The Left's plans are designed to destroy America as we know it. There is no debate.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So, the issue that will have the most direct impact on you, is the one you disagree with him about? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, the issue that will have the most direct impact on you, is the one you disagree with him about? 

I don't actually believe it would happen.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

So, you plan on voting for someone who can't make things happen?

I don't believe that any President is going to accomplish everything they say they are going to do.  

@Hawkeye21 I'm too lazy to look it up, but can provide a Cliff notes version of how Iowa became the first primary state?   Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

@Hawkeye21 I'm too lazy to look it up, but can provide a Cliff notes version of how Iowa became the first primary state?   Thanks. 

Iowa had a long nominating process and needed a head start so it got an early spot on the voting calendar.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Iowa had a long nominating process and needed a head start so it got an early spot on the voting calendar.

That's the reason?  Wow.  "You slow focks take FOREVER so you go ahead and go first".  Thanks man.  Thought it would be something more complicated than that. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

That's the reason?  Wow.  "You slow focks take FOREVER so you go ahead and go first".  Thanks man.  Thought it would be something more complicated than that. 

Iowa’s long nominating process, featuring four statewide events (the caucuses, followed by conventions at the county, congressional district and state levels), combined with the 30-day notice required for events, meant it needed a bit of a head start, and an early slot on the voting calendar.

• Like 1

White folk of Iowa take their filling bags of potato chips and cereal boxes serious. They will get around to when they get around to it. Nobody tells them what to do.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Why is it ok for a Black person to use it? Are they racist? If they call me a cracker are they racist?

No, only white people can apparently be racist....you can only punch "up"

35 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

So, you plan on voting for someone who can't make things happen?

Hows that wall and debt reduction going?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I think it's cure that you believe there is a perfect answer to all problems.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Thanks to a great economy I'm debt free!! :banana:

And the wall is being built. But when positive things happen, the left turns their eyes from it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't actually believe it would happen.

You know the president can pretty much decide to not enforce immigration laws, right? Which would be in essence opening up the border.  Sounds like a good plan, well thought out. But hey, it feels good.