Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

OK fellow Barkley owners-are you holding or trying to trade?

My RB's were thin to begin with, I had the #1 pick, and drafted Barkley.  My other RB's are Kerryon Johson,  who has not lived up to the hype, James White,  Latavius Murray, who has not lived up to the hype, and Malcom Brown, ugh. I have been offered Marlon Mack for Barkley and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.  I have a strong WR + TE  core, and am currently 2-1, and don't want to tank my season. 

What are some of you doing, holding Barkley, who could be back in 4 weeks, or might not be back for 8 weeks.  Or are you looking for trading partners?

Oh man, that's a tough one.  I would say "it depends".  Mainly, on your record currently and what it will do to the other guys roster long term.  If this is an owner who is already sitting on McCaffrey or Kamara or Dalvin, I would have a really hard time handing him a championship caliber RB roster.  Plus, Barkley is a young guy, and in tremendous shape.  He may end up coming back in shorter time.  

I'm leaning toward hold.  But you can't win the playoffs unless you make the playoffs, so that's why I hesitate.  

• Like 1

redraft, keeper, or dynasty?

if it is a redraft, that is a decent offer.  otherwise you need to find a way to stay competitive until he is healthy.

25 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

redraft, keeper, or dynasty?

if it is a redraft, that is a decent offer.  otherwise you need to find a way to stay competitive until he is healthy.

redraft

Given that Mack is ahead of Barkley in both PPR and standard fantasy points ANYWAY, I'd probly take that deal even if they both were healthy.  Getting 6-8 weeks of a top 10 RB in exchange for bailing on Barkley is an insta-ACCEPT!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Oh man, that's a tough one.  I would say "it depends".  Mainly, on your record currently and what it will do to the other guys roster long term.  If this is an owner who is already sitting on McCaffrey or Kamara or Dalvin, I would have a really hard time handing him a championship caliber RB roster.  Plus, Barkley is a young guy, and in tremendous shape.  He may end up coming back in shorter time.  

I'm leaning toward hold.  But you can't win the playoffs unless you make the playoffs, so that's why I hesitate.  

His other RB's  are Montgomery, Mattison, Tarik Cohen, Darwin Thompson and Chris Thompson. 

I have Barkley.  I’m not actively seeking trades, but I wouldn’t close the door if the offer was right.  It would also depend who’s making the offer.  I’m not trading him to someone with an already stacked roster, who would have him at 100% in time for the playoffs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Given that Mack is ahead of Barkley in both PPR and standard fantasy points ANYWAY, I'd probly take that deal even if they both were healthy.  Getting 6-8 weeks of a top 10 RB in exchange for bailing on Barkley is an insta-ACCEPT!

Must agree with the Axe on this one. Pull the trigger before he comes to his senses.....that is a whale of a deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Given that Mack is ahead of Barkley in both PPR and standard fantasy points ANYWAY, I'd probly take that deal even if they both were healthy.

That’s just stupid.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s just stupid.

Oh?  I thought the idea of this game was to have the guys who score the most fantasy points.  Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Oh?  I thought the idea of this game was to have the guys who score the most fantasy points.  Am I missing something?

John Ross has outscored Odell Beckham, should one make that trade? Ross for Hopkins? Ross for Cooper?

It’s asinine.

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

John Ross has outscored Odell Beckham, should one make that trade? Ross for Hopkins? Ross for Cooper?

It’s asinine.

If Beckham, Hopkins or Cooper were going to be out for the next 6-8 weeks, it would be worth considering.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If Beckham, Hopkins or Cooper were going to be out for the next 6-8 weeks, it would be worth considering.

You said if both were healthy :doh:

A better question is what would Barkley owners trade for Gallman?  

I'm trying to package newly acquired Gallman and a 30ish ranked WR.... to upgrade to a 15-20th ranked WR. Seems reasonable.  Especially to the Barkley owner in my league with no RB depth.

45 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You said if both were healthy :doh:

I didn't say anything about Beckham, Hopkins or Cooper until you brought them up.

4 hours ago, MissionCoach said:

My RB's were thin to begin with, I had the #1 pick, and drafted Barkley.  My other RB's are Kerryon Johson,  who has not lived up to the hype, James White,  Latavius Murray, who has not lived up to the hype, and Malcom Brown, ugh. I have been offered Marlon Mack for Barkley and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.  I have a strong WR + TE  core, and am currently 2-1, and don't want to tank my season. 

What are some of you doing, holding Barkley, who could be back in 4 weeks, or might not be back for 8 weeks.  Or are you looking for trading partners?

In a keeper/dynasty format you never make that trade.

but in a redraft you might.

to  decide  whether you do this in a redraft.....the questions you have to ask yourself are:

1) do you make the playoffs  without Barkley?    

It looks like he will return in time for playoffs.   so if you sneak in, then your team is much better than what the standings show.  

so you likely are in good position to knock off a highly ranked team in round 1 of the playoffs.

in that scenario, I dont think you make the deal.

if  you dont think you make the playoffs without Barkley, and it is a redraft league, then I think its a no brainer to make the deal.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

A better question is what would Barkley owners trade for Gallman?  

I'm trying to package newly acquired Gallman and a 30ish ranked WR.... to upgrade to a 15-20th ranked WR. Seems reasonable.  Especially to the Barkley owner in my league with no RB depth.

Wouldn’t be shocked if they sign a warm body or upgrade a practice squad guy who replaces Gallman. He’s stinks.

7 hours ago, MissionCoach said:

Take Mack for Barkley. 

It’s a high ankle sprain, so many times players try to return to quickly and end up hurt once again. 

And I think it’s more likely 6-8 weeks. 

I would take the ff points now while Barkely sits. 

Wow I would have taken Bell for Barkely. 

Short ff season, those points would be benefiting my team. 

I got Gallman in 2 of 3 just to let him sit on my bench.  I think I would hold onto Saquon if I could...but i'm sort of a fanboy in that regard and the draft capital I would have in him as the top pick wouldn't allow me to move him.  

Offers I put out as a Barkley owner in a 10 team non ppr.

Give Barkley and Tyrell for (all separate deals to different teams) 

Chubb

Hopkins

Bell

David Johnson

Then the last offer was

Give Barkley and Golladay

Get Mack and Hill

Looking to possibly acquire Saquon. 

Thinking of offering Jacobs and Fuller / E.Sanders for him

other teams starting Drake and Courtland Sutton.

Who’s your other Rbs after Jacobs, if I might ask? 

57 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Who’s your other Rbs after Jacobs, if I might ask? 

CMC, Gordon, Breida, and Hyde.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, SexyRexy said:

Hold Barkley 

This. Because who would want Barkley enough to give a Barkley owner what they are probably asking to obtain him for late in the fantasy year?

3 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Looking to possibly acquire Saquon. 

Thinking of offering Jacobs and Fuller / E.Sanders for him

other teams starting Drake and Courtland Sutton.

Why give up Jacobs for Barkley? What a waste.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Why give up Jacobs for Barkley? What a waste.

Because I have CMC and Gordon. Also Jacobs isn’t really used in the passing game and I feel the raiders will be trailing in a lot of games.

15 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Because I have CMC and Gordon. Also Jacobs isn’t really used in the passing game and I feel the raiders will be trailing in a lot of games.

This is not a good reason 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:58 PM, Phil Simms 11 said:

Was offered Barkley for Le’Veon, rejected it. 

Lol terrible decision

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Lol terrible decision

I'm not sure he wants to be out of the playoff hunt before barkley comes back.

5 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

CMC, Gordon, Breida, and Hyde.

Thanks 

i think Jacobs for Barkely would be a mistake. 

I would keep Jacobs.  

After CMC and Gordon you don’t have a true rb3 without Jacobs.  

3 hours ago, sderk said:

I'm not sure he wants to be out of the playoff hunt before barkley comes back.

If you think adding Le’Veon for an injured Saquon whos out 4-8 weeks takes him out of playoff contention to each their own I guess

5 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

If you think adding Le’Veon for an injured Saquon whos out 4-8 weeks takes him out of playoff contention to each their own I guess

Having a starting running back who is playing for the next 8 weeks gives a team better odds to make the playoffs than a team that has an RB who is scoring a grand total of 0 points per game during that period. 

Leveon has been doing well in PPR and is getting his QB back soon. When Barkley is back you also cannot expect an immediate jump into bellcow status, would potentially be eased back in. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Leveon has been doing well in PPR and is getting his QB back soon. When Barkley is back you also cannot expect an immediate jump into bellcow status, would potentially be eased back in. 

Ease him back in over Gallman?

No, I don't think so.  They won't put him back in before he's ready to go, which would be the only reason they would ease him back in.  When Barkley is ready to go (likely after the Week 11 bye), he will go. 

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ease him back in over Gallman?

No, I don't think so.  They won't put him back in before he's ready to go, which would be the only reason they would ease him back in.  When Barkley is ready to go (likely after the Week 11 bye), he will go. 

True Gallman sucks, I think it depends on the record. If Daniel Jones gets them a few wins perhaps they don't tank at the end.