Sign in to follow this  
Upsman89

Is it time to drop newton

I have newton as my backup to Dak who has bye week 8 .i can pickup winston , Trubisky , Brisett ,keenum,or Allen is newton is out for that long .what does everyone think. Standard league

Or Allen. 

Watch TY Hilton's status up in the air.  I also have Newton in 2 leagues, unfortunately.  If Indy is healthy I'd go Brissett (I am).  I wouldn't go Keenum or Trubisky over Newton atm, as a backup, especially because they will still be there tomorrow. I MIGHT go Allen (I'm in the same situation) but I need another showing of his skills if I have to drop Cam. For me, I'd pick up Jones before Allen if I had to this week. 

If Ty is healthy, I'd pick up Brissett before Winston. Winston is just too darn inconsistent, for me.  He doesn't have a big break until Nov 10 against Arizona and none of his schedule before that has any type of shootout.   

1 hour ago, vino said:

If Ty is healthy, I'd pick up Brissett before Winston. Winston is just too darn inconsistent, for me.  He doesn't have a big break until Nov 10 against Arizona and none of his schedule before that has any type of shootout.   

But Winston doesn't need to be consistent for the OP, because he already has a top 3 QB (for now) in Dak.  Until something drastically changes, Dak is going to be his set-it-and-forget-it QB, and all he needs is a QB with a high ceiling to fill in for Dak in Week 8.  Winston is the most likely of any of the QBs available to throw up a 300 yard game in any given week, so he's the best fit for the OP.

If you just need a fill-in for week 8, grab Mason Rudolph, if possible.  The Steelers play the Dolphins week 8.