Sign in to follow this  
cavern

who's the better dynasty prospect: mclaurin or chark?

I don't see a close comparison.  Chark is doing great with a backup.  He's also in a very heavy run first offense.  I own both in many leagues and play mostly Dynasty Leagues, so I understand the struggle, but I honestly believe McLaurin has the most upside.  McLaurin was considered by many Scouts to be a first round pick prior to last season.  Now he's showing us why AND he's about to be reunited with his college QB.  You can't go wrong with either, but Terry has a legit opportunity to become a WR1 in fantasy football someday.  Chark, in my opinion, has a ceiling as a WR2.  Neither is going to hurt you, and if you have both, keep them. 

Last night, in a dynasty league, I was offered Thielen straight up for McLaurin.  I declined.  One, I don't need him and McLaurin already sort of rots on my bench.  Two, I LOVE his future in Washington.  They've been looking for a stud WR for sooooo long.  It was only the second legit offer I've had for McLaurin.  I expect more, but he's not for sale.  lol

• Like 1

yeah - i sort of wish i had room for both.  chark actually has the better measurables but i hear you

both look to be solid pickups.   Mclauren is currently in a better situation.

Chark, however, is performing even with a backup QB.   I'd say that may be more impressive.

McLauren was a third round pick, Chark a second.   So I would argue both were expected to make their respective teams and possibly become players within 2-3 seasons.

It looks like both are in positions to do it this year.

I havnt been able to watch McLauren, but I did watch Chark the last game, and he looks like the real deal.   He passes the eye test.

I personally am more comfortable with what I have seen personally, so if I had to choose today, I'd take Chark myself.  but I remind you I have not had the chance to watch McLauren so this is very incomplete info I am giving you.

clearly there are others on here who like McLauren, so you may wish to watch some clips of both players to see who you like best.

17 minutes ago, cavern said:

yeah - i sort of wish i had room for both.  chark actually has the better measurables but i hear you

They are comparable though.  Chark is taller at nearly 6'3 but is only 199lbs.  McLaurin is 6'0, but a solidly built 210.  Chark ran a 4.34 and McLauren a 4.35.  Superbowl Nation called McLaurin one of the steals of the draft this past year.  Read this before you make a decision:  https://www.sbnation.com/2019/3/5/18247493/terry-mclaurin-scouting-report  These folks use some great analytics when profiling players and they make McLaurin sound like a WR1 in the future.  Compare it to Chark, who was always considered a 2nd round prospect with upside as a 2nd WR....  I like them both, but if I were wagering the future of my dynasty team on one, it would be McLaurin. 

Honestly it depends on who their QB is, a bet on Scary Terry shows a lot of confidence in Haskins, I give the edge to Chark because of his size, but I'd be happy with either.

All things being even, I’d go with McLaurin.

And I have both, but if I could only keep one, it would be Chark.  Washington will figure out a way to screw a good thing up with McLaurin.

And I’m a Skins fan.

2 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

All things being even, I’d go with McLaurin.

And I have both, but if I could only keep one, it would be Chark.  

Wait... what?

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wait... what?

I just meant I like McLaurin a little bit better as a player, but Washington is a bad situation for a young player.

I’d keep Chark in dynasty because their talent/measurables are very close, but I think there’s a better likelihood of sustained success over the next 3-5 years.

10 hours ago, makindollaz said:

I just meant I like McLaurin a little bit better as a player, but Washington is a bad situation for a young player.

I’d keep Chark in dynasty because their talent/measurables are very close, but I think there’s a better likelihood of sustained success over the next 3-5 years.

Makes sense.  Although I like McLaurin a lot, I can completely understand the point you made.  Washington is a place players have gone to die.  I am hoping they bring in a more modern offensive Head Coach after they let Gruden go.  If they do, McLaurin's value will go through the roof.  If they bring in a strict defensive minded guy, which I don't see them doing after adding Haskins in the draft, it could be rough. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Makes sense.  Although I like McLaurin a lot, I can completely understand the point you made.  Washington is a place players have gone to die.  I am hoping they bring in a more modern offensive Head Coach after they let Gruden go.  If they do, McLaurin's value will go through the roof.  If they bring in a strict defensive minded guy, which I don't see them doing after adding Haskins in the draft, it could be rough. 

another loss and Gruden may be gone.

an 0-4 start usually leads to poor job security for the head coach and/or any of his subordinates.

Just now, Ray_T said:

another loss and Gruden may be gone.

an 0-4 start usually leads to poor job security for the head coach and/or any of his subordinates.

Do you think they will try to bring in a young offensive mind to help with the rookie QB?  That seems logical, but I can never figure out what Washington is doing. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

Do you think they will try to bring in a young offensive mind to help with the rookie QB?  That seems logical, but I can never figure out what Washington is doing. 

dude, I dont think Washington knows what Washington was doing.

I think ownership meddles in the affairs of the team which, in turn makes the organization a gong show from top to bottom.

because of the above, I think there is a good chance 0-4 leads to a coaching change.   Either Gruden goes, or he fires one or two of his assistants to save his own head from the chopping block.

This is the only thing I think we have even a remote chance of predicting.

I guess they may try a QB change too, but I've heard rumours the kid isnt ready.

Gruden may be fighting with ownership about that one already.

Just now, Ray_T said:

dude, I dont think Washington knows what Washington was doing.

I think ownership meddles in the affairs of the team which, in turn makes the organization a gong show from top to bottom.

because of the above, I think there is a good chance 0-4 leads to a coaching change.   Either Gruden goes, or he fires one or two of his assistants to save his own head from the chopping block.

This is the only thing I think we have even a remote chance of predicting.

I guess they may try a QB change too, but I've heard rumours the kid isnt ready.

Gruden may be fighting with ownership about that one already.

I thought by now the owner would have learned to stop meddling.  The Cowboys didn't turn things around until Stephen Jones started making the player decisions.  Jerry is the mouthpiece, but that's about it. 

I'm not even certain how Gruden can be rated as a head coach.  He was doing well last season until Smith went down.  He hasn't had much talent in his time there with which to work.  NFL guys on Sirius Radio were talking about the rookie.  They said putting him in right now may ruin him.  No line and a Coach on the hot seat.  It would suck to be the rookie QB on that team.  Outside of the money and all. 

The owner can’t help himself. McLaurin is effectively playing w a back up qb so what was said about Charlie equally applies