Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Melvin Gordon Holdout Ending Soon?

A guy in my league wants Herndon. I have Olsen but that dude could die at any moment and I would have nothing left but Witten. He wanted Kirk and Herndon for for Cooks. I like Kirk better so countered with Michel or Barber and Herndon for Gordon. Not sure what he will respond with.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'd bet money we wont see a back anywhere in the NFL this season who puts up 2000 total yards and 22 TD's. 

Dalvin Cook might, if he stays healthy.

Unfortunately, this is Week 4, when he traditionally goes out for the season.

healthy or not, I dont know that I'd predict 2000 total yards for Cook.   Thats expecting a Lot for a player who is still relatively unproven

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

healthy or not, I dont know that I'd predict 2000 total yards for Cook.   Thats expecting a Lot for a player who is still relatively unproven

He currently has 454 total yards through three games, on pace for 2,421.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

He currently has 454 total yards through three games, on pace for 2,421.

yes I know.

last year only 2 players got 2000 all purpose yards.  most years you get  1 or none getting 2000 all purpose yards.

this  would suggest hes a top 2 or top 3 RB.

Hes very good.   I even own him in one of my leagues. 

I still think its a lot to  expect.  even given the start he's had.   Teams will tighten up on the run D at some point.  the smart move would be to try to make cousins beat you throwing the ball.

the crappy defenses wont be able to do it, but the good ones will.

6 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

I've made an offer to acquire Gordon and another offer to get rid of Eckler in the one league where I hav Eckler on my roster.  But the guy who has him won't trade me because he only makes trades, the shady variety, with his boss.  

So one of the two of them always has LeSean McCoy? :dunno:

• Haha 1

Melvin Gordon did a huge disservice to all NFL players that are under paid by showing up 6 weeks before he needed to.  

He talked a big game and ending up curling up like a lost chicken.   Pretty sad.  

McCaffrey has 450 yards after 3 games. He has a shot at cracking 2000 yards and more if they put him back on return duty

15 hours ago, frank said:

Long story...if it was only related to that Shady... :cheers:

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I like the coach said hes the number one but not real thrilled that he said eckler and Jackson will be heavily involved. 3 way committee?

Most teams run some sort of a committee now, with a primary back, a pass-catching back, and a backup back to give the primary back breathers.  Assuming Anthony Lynn isn't into punishing Gordon for his holdout, I would expect Gordon to be as much of a lead back as, say, Mark Ingram--who has 49 touches to Edwards' 29 and Hill's 10.  Plug in Gordon, Ekeler and Jackson, and you probably have a similar pie chart to the Ravens (although probably a larger pie, since Rivers isn't going to hog 27 rushing attempts himself like Lamar).

20 hours ago, frank said:

Under rated hilarity right here

Going under the assumption that Lynn was trying to do what was best for the team offensively last year and would want to continue that this year, I think that it is safe to assume that the breakdown of the RB position will be the same as it was last year. Gordon will get about 55%-60% of the work, Ekeler will get about 30%-35% and Jackson will get about 5%-10% of the work. It's pretty clear listening to Coach Lynn's comments over the past 2 days that he believes that Gordon is a significant upgrade over Ekeler.

ICEMAN

On 9/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Melvin Gordon did a huge disservice to all NFL players that are under paid by showing up 6 weeks before he needed to.  

He talked a big game and ending up curling up like a lost chicken.   Pretty sad.  

I don’t know about the first part but he definitely pussed out :lol:

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

Going under the assumption that Lynn was trying to do what was best for the team offensively last year and would want to continue that this year, I think that it is safe to assume that the breakdown of the RB position will be the same as it was last year. Gordon will get about 55%-60% of the work, Ekeler will get about 30%-35% and Jackson will get about 5%-10% of the work. It's pretty clear listening to Coach Lynn's comments over the past 2 days that he believes that Gordon is a significant upgrade over Ekeler.

ICEMAN

I’m surprised Lynn said that. Way to throw the guy who actually showed up at training camp and was there for his team under the bus :thumbsdown:

24 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m surprised Lynn said that. Way to throw the guy who actually showed up at training camp and was there for his team under the bus :thumbsdown:

It's not Lynn's job to be a player's buddy; it's Lynn's job to win.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's not Lynn's job to be a player's buddy; it's Lynn's job to win.

It’s not being a player’s buddy. It’s don’t dog the guy that actually showed up and played for you. Sends a terrible message to the team

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s not being a player’s buddy. It’s don’t dog the guy that actually showed up and played for you. Sends a terrible message to the team

He's not dogging anyone; he's saying Gordon is their #1 RB.  He also said that Ekeler and Jackson will have major roles.

And now he's saying there's a chance Gordon plays against Miami in Week 4.