Sign in to follow this  
BNL2k5

Make a Trade?

Rookie here who's never made a trade. I've got DeShaun Watson and Tom Brady, and another manager looks to be hurting at QB (Kirk Cousins and Cam Newton). Some of his talent I may be interested in are Davante Adams or Amari Cooper. (He also has Dalvin Cook, but of course I'm dreaming if I think I can get him, right?) Should I see if he's interested in Brady and see what he's willing to offer? Which receiver would you go after, if either? Some of his other assets are Emmanual Sanders and Tyrell Williams. Thoughts?

I like Cooper.. QBs this year are easy to come by.. i just grabbed Danny Dimes Jones, and Minchew is still available..

See what he would give for Brady. 

If he's a rookie like you he might be willing to give up something for a QB, but any experienced fantasy football owner would never give up any player of value for a QB.  Unless you're in a really large league or a Superflex league, QBs are a dime a dozen.  There are probably QBs he can pick up on the waiver wire that are better than Cousins or Cam, so why would he want to give up a skill player for a QB upgrade he can get for free?

Good points--thank you for the perspectives! I'm in a 12-player league and I believe the other guy is a seasoned player. Daniel Jones is gone. Available QBs include Dalton, Stafford, Brissett, Mariota, and Minshew, then it really drops off. I might see if he's interested and willing to offer anything, but now I know not to get my hopes up. Thanks again!

5 hours ago, BNL2k5 said:

Good points--thank you for the perspectives! I'm in a 12-player league and I believe the other guy is a seasoned player. Daniel Jones is gone. Available QBs include Dalton, Stafford, Brissett, Mariota, and Minshew, then it really drops off. I might see if he's interested and willing to offer anything, but now I know not to get my hopes up. Thanks again!

Yeah, Stafford at home against the Chiefs this week is a perfect example of a guy he can pick up for free who will probly have a 350/3 day.

Dalton is currently a top 12 QB, 0.4 fantasy points away from being a top 10 QB, and playing for the guy who was Jared Goff's QB coach when he became a stud--what can he do when AJ Green is back?

Even Jacoby Brissett is currently a top 15 QB, and is tied for 4th in the NFL with 7 pass TDs so far.

So if I'm hurting for a QB in your league, I have options that don't involve me giving up a player like Amari Cooper or even Emmanuel Sanders--but I guess it never hurts to ask; maybe the guy is rocking a propellor beanie and hits "ACCEPT" by accident.