Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Melvin’s value right now

Just lost Barkley, got Ingram in as my de facto rb1 in 10 man full ppr league. Owner has Gordon on his bench and needs WRs badly. I have thielen, Godwin, Hardman, cooks, dorsett id Trade, Keenan Allen is my #1. What would u give for Gordon. He’d fill a great need for me. Frankly I’d prob offer any of those guys but thielen and godwin would be my first two offers. Thoughts. Is Gordon worth more or less 

I would try fleecing him with Cooks and Hardman first, then move up to Thielen and Hardman if necessary--but jeez, 10 team league?  I'm not sure I would offer any more than that, when there are probably guys like Rex Burkhead and Chris Thompson on the waiver wire.

I have Thompson and white on my bench right now. And I misworded it I was only offering one guy like cooks for Gordon or Hardman for Gordon. I wouldn’t do a two for one for Gordon. 

14 minutes ago, Lamb of God said:

I have Thompson and white on my bench right now. And I misworded it I was only offering one guy like cooks for Gordon or Hardman for Gordon. I wouldn’t do a two for one for Gordon. 

Oh.  Well, I doubt that anyone who stashed Gordon and hunkered down for the long haul isn't going to give him up for a single marginal player on the day Gordon announces he is reporting to camp, but there's no harm in axing.

Melvin Gordon? 

Likely a high end RB2.   Possibly a low end RB1.   (redraft league value)

I  think  the other RB's in LA have shown they can get it done, and now with Gordon's return, they wiill have a role cut out for them and Gordon's piece of the pie will be  smaller.  

This will drop him down some. 

I've also found that players who miss camp and come in sometimes take a while longer to get rolling than we'd all like.  I dont think Gordon is special enough to be an exception.

35 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Melvin Gordon? 

Likely a high end RB2.   Possibly a low end RB1.   (redraft league value)

I  think  the other RB's in LA have shown they can get it done, and now with Gordon's return, they wiill have a role cut out for them and Gordon's piece of the pie will be  smaller.  

This will drop him down some. 

I've also found that players who miss camp and come in sometimes take a while longer to get rolling than we'd all like.  I dont think Gordon is special enough to be an exception.

Plus they’re at greater risk for getting hurt.

I’d value him as a mid-range RB2 but I seem to be more bearish than most

5 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

Just lost Barkley, got Ingram in as my de facto rb1 in 10 man full ppr league. Owner has Gordon on his bench and needs WRs badly. I have thielen, Godwin, Hardman, cooks, dorsett id Trade, Keenan Allen is my #1. What would u give for Gordon. He’d fill a great need for me. Frankly I’d prob offer any of those guys but thielen and godwin would be my first two offers. Thoughts. Is Gordon worth more or less 

Why would this other owner trade him away now with him now returning?  

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Would you trade him for leveon?

No. 

But I would trade Bell for Gordon. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why would this other owner trade him away now with him now returning?  

this is the million dollar question.  why would he trade him now?  unless his starter is better.

Just now, Ray_T said:

this is the million dollar question.  why would he trade him now?  unless his starter is better.

Exactly.  If anything, the owner is much more likely to want way more than Gordon is worth.  Rarely is there just one owner trying to trade for a player, so I'd bet at least one other person in your league is also trying to get Gordon.  If the owner has waited this long, he's not likely to trade him for anything except more than he's worth.  Obviously you don't want to get raked over the coals, so I wouldn't offer too much. 

honestly the window to get a deal on him is over.  If there was no word on him by next week I would have made a lowball offer to his owner thinking he needs to return so he can become unrestricted next season.   but he came back sooner than expected.

I still wouldnt be surprised if he gets traded shortly after reporting.

we shall see.

I think the chargers have other needs and the RB's  in place currently seem to be getting the job done.   Logiically, this makes him expendable.

22 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

honestly the window to get a deal on him is over.  If there was no word on him by next week I would have made a lowball offer to his owner thinking he needs to return so he can become unrestricted next season.   but he came back sooner than expected.

I still wouldnt be surprised if he gets traded shortly after reporting.

we shall see.

I think the chargers have other needs and the RB's  in place currently seem to be getting the job done.   Logiically, this makes him expendable.

If he were traded, who do you think the likely Suitors could be?  In looking over the NFL rosters, there are several teams in contention that may seemingly give up a 2nd rounder (can't see anyone giving up a first for him) for Gordon's services.  Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Texans (only because they seem intent on trading away the farm), Bills and Bucs.

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If he were traded, who do you think the likely Suitors could be?  In looking over the NFL rosters, there are several teams in contention that may seemingly give up a 2nd rounder (can't see anyone giving up a first for him) for Gordon's services.  Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Texans (only because they seem intent on trading away the farm), Bills and Bucs.

I havnt gone that far in my analysis.

and I find that speculating on that is often a waste of time.

If I have time, I may look into it this weekend and do a needs analysis and then figure out where those needs likely exist on acquirable assets on other teams in the value range of Gordon.

Mid-season trades are a little less unusual than they used to be in the NFL, but I still don’t see it happening. Gordon would have to pick up a new offense and pass protection in the middle of the season. No familiarity with QB and o-line. Just don’t see it

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

If I have time, I may look into it this weekend and do a needs analysis and then figure out where those needs likely exist on acquirable assets on other teams in the value range of Gordon.

Be sure not to depreciate non-taxable assets brought forward from the previous tax year.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Be sure not to depreciate non-taxable assets brought forward from the previous tax year.

gotcha.  I"m on it!