Sign in to follow this  
lowman

AJ Green

Any Homers have any information on AJGreen?

Is there a chance he sits another 4 weeks?

Rotoworld says he won’t play/practice until he is 100 percent.

Any chance he starts practicing after the Monday Night Game?

Their Bye week is a ways away in week 9.

Any insight?

Another 4 weeks would be a pretty outside estimate; one or two more weeks seems a lot more likely; three at the most.  If I'm not starting him by Week 7, I'd be pretty disappointed.

One or 2 weeks would be perfect.

I think he might at least need to prove his health for one last BIG contract .

He wont return until he’s 100% ready. 

10 hours ago, lowman said:

One or 2 weeks would be perfect.

I think he might at least need to prove his health for one last BIG contract .

I can't see any team giving him a BIG contract.  He's been injured for the past three, maybe four, seasons.  He's missed more games in three successive seasons.  He will be 32.  Any team giving him a BIG contract is going to give him almost nothing in guarantees so they can release him when he's injured again.  I like the guy, and even drafted him this season (late), but you don't build a winning team with an aging, oft-injured, player.  He can catch 7 balls each game when he returns and rack up a ton of fantasy points.  It's not going to change the fact he's missed so much time over the last few years and he's getting older.  Cincy would be incredibly unwise to give him any guarantees and I'm not so certain AJ is going to want to play for half of what Julio is getting as from listening to his interviews, he seems to think he's still a top WR in the NFL.  Only when healthy AJ, only when healthy..... 

CIN's bye-week is week 9. If Green doesn't start by week 7, then the Bengals might just wait til week 10.  That would utterly suck.

worth noting, they dont expect him to practice this week.

Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday.

The above Quote from rotoworld

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1622/aj-green

Just got dropped in my 10-team league. But with bye weeks starting and only 4 bench spots, it will be hard to keep him if he doesn't play until Week 10. And by that point they might just shut him down.

I drafted him in the 7th thinking that he would be a steal and a great fill in for bye weeks if he only missed the first 3-4 weeks.  At this point I do think that he slow plays this to the fullest.  Would not be shocked if he doesn't come back until after the bye in week 10.

He ran by a reporter at practice the other day and told him "report on that"

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

This may have more to do with his contract than an injury at this point....

that is what I am thinking, his injury's have been fluky stuff. I have no reason to think  he wont ball out when he returns. Cincy may suck, but I think Dalton is like 5th or 6th in yards thrown so far this year. I think if they would have beat Pit, and had a chance... we may have seen him sooner. He could even be traded

I need Green back bad, if he is running and cutting... how come we cant even get a report that he will do limited practices next week Something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one team waiting to explode with Tyreek Hill and AJ Green...tired of waiting.  

Can I ask, who have you been starting in place of Hill and Green, and what’s the record of that ff team. 

Thanks for the reply. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Can I ask, who have you been starting in place of Hill and Green, and what’s the record of that ff team. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Fwiw I traded for Green and added Ross. I'm not moving on to Tate, the offense has gotten worse and I'm genuinely surprised. 3-1.

With Hill I added Robinson in one league, 1-3, but I've done some dumb things there. In another I added Hardman and I'm 3-1 but I was lucky to survive last week. Moving on from Hardman.

Congrats on those two 3-1 teams. 

22 hours ago, snatchit said:

I need Green back bad, if he is running and cutting... how come we cant even get a report that he will do limited practices next week Something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants to get paid. doesn't want to risk his body which is breaking down for the lowly bungles. I am an owner and want him back bad so not hating, i believe he is up for a contract and the Bengals owner is extremely cheap. Actually do not blame AJ

He should take his sweet ass time since Bengals haven't offered him the extension yet.

My guess is he plays week 11 and "slowly" work his way back.

REPORT: Patriots Interested In Trading For Bengals Star WR A.J. Green

With a league leading defense in place, the New England Patriots are looking to bolster their offense and add some weapons around Tom Brady, and that very well could come from the Bengals.

According to Bleacher Report, the Patriots, as well as the New Orleans Saints, are reportedly interested in trading for Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green if he’s made available.

Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reported on the interest in Green, who has missed the entire season with a foot injury. La Canfora indicated that the Bengals could land a first-round pick in exchange for Green when he gets back to 100 percent.

The 31-year-old is in the final year of his contract and is making $12 million in base salary this season.

Tight end Tyler Eifert is reportedly also included in the trade talks. 

https://dailysnark.com/report-patriots-interested-in-trading-for-bengals-star-wr-a-j-green/

Well that would be interesting.

• Like 1

That would be great. 

• Like 1

If Green doesn't start Week 7 ... and I'd bet the farm he won't at this point... he'll probably sit through the bye week. That means back Week 10. 

Even if Green is traded to New England, which I seriously doubt, their bye-week is Week 10.  And he's a tough start his first game back regardless - Bengals or Patriots.  Regular season ends Week 13. 

This situation utterly sucks.  I want my 8th round pick back.

15 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

If Green doesn't start Week 7 ... and I'd bet the farm he won't at this point... he'll probably sit through the bye week. That means back Week 10. 

Even if Green is traded to New England, which I seriously doubt, their bye-week is Week 10.  And he's a tough start his first game back regardless - Bengals or Patriots.  Regular season ends Week 13. 

This situation utterly sucks.  I want my 8th round pick back.

With Josh Gordon knee hurt do the Patriots go after AJ Green? How about the Packers with Davantoe Adams situation?

6 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

With Josh Gordon knee hurt do the Patriots go after AJ Green? How about the Packers with Davantoe Adams situation?

No.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No.

I dont think so either, if you are an owner like me... I think the best thing for him,  is to stay in Cincy. He and Dalton got drafted together and have a great connection 

it brings up an interesting question, with rumors of AJ Green and potentially OBJ on the move.  Green's recovery is taking FOREVER and OBJ hasn't done except for one big play.  But in different situations both could turn it around.