Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Week 4 - need 2 Flex

I lost Saquon and we start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 2 Flex.  My other starting RB/WRs are Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, Davante Adams, JuJu and Thielen (PPR auction league).

I need to choose 2 Flex from the list below:

RB Wayne Gallman, NYG  vs WSH

WR Curtis Samuel, CAR at HOU

WR D.J. Chark, JAC  at DEN    

WR John Brown, BUF vs NE    

WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB vs PHI

I'm leaning toward Valdes-Scantling and Wayne Gallman

Agreed. 

Really?  Not one but TWO people think you should start the WR44, who had 7 receptions for 71 yards (and no TDs)  in the first two weeks combined--in a Thursday night game, no less--over the WR23, who had 7 receptions for 72 yards (and no TDs) in Week 2 alone (and that wasn't even his best week)?

Start Chark and Brown (but I think Gallman will do reasonably well just because of the attention that will be paid to Daniel Jones and the passing game).

44 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Really?  Not one but TWO people think you should start the WR44, who had 7 receptions for 71 yards (and no TDs)  in the first two weeks combined--in a Thursday night game, no less--over the WR23, who had 7 receptions for 72 yards (and no TDs) in Week 2 alone (and that wasn't even his best week)?

Start Chark and Brown (but I think Gallman will do reasonably well just because of the attention that will be paid to Daniel Jones and the passing game).

Obviously you didn't pay attention to the matchups, but go ahead and use what Fantasy Pros tell you.  Brown will be covered by Gilmore this weekend.  You know, the guy who has shut down everyone the last how many games?  The guy ranked in the top 2/3 Cornerbacks in the NFL by nearly every Scout and Coach.  If Brown were playing against someone else, our replies would be different, but it is what it is.  Remember Revis Island?  Same situation.  Nice to see you still only look at numbers and not matchups though. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Brown will be covered by Gilmore this weekend.  You know, the guy who has shut down everyone the last how many games?

What, because Gilmore held Robby Anderson to 3 catches for 11 yards with Trevor Siemian and Luke Falk at QB?  Scary...

He didn't exactly "shut down" Juju in Week 1; Juju led the Steelers with 6 catches on 8 targets for 78 yards--and that was with Big Ben throwing on his injured elbow.

He didn't exactly "shut down" the rookie Preston Williams in Week 2; Williams led the Dolphins with 4 catches on 6 targets for 63 yards--and that was the Dolphins.

Besides, Gilmore has a 4.4 dash time; Williams and Juju run a 4.5.  Brown runs a 4.3 and has a QB with the arm to overthrow him on a downfield sprint.  You can't cover what you can't catch.  And the Bills will be throwing deep a LOT to keep up with the Patriots.

The Packers have turned into a run-first team, and their QB has vowed to get Davante Adams more involved in what remains of their passing attack, making MVS even less likely to keep up his WR44 pace.

Wow.  You do absolutely ZERO research.  LOL  Go read who was covering whom for each week.  He wasn't even on the field for 3 of JuJu's receptions you moron.  LOL  Not only that, opponents have a 35.4 QBR when throwing near him, the lowest in the league.  You are trying to blame a guy for giving up receptions when he not only wasn't on the field, but not covering Williams when Williams caught all his passes, who was the CB????  Go ahead, I want you to say it.  Make yourself look more like an idiot.  Not only were the Patriots starters NOT on the field most of the second half, but who was Gilmore covering???  You make yourself out to be more of an idiot each time we get a good argument going. 

Gilmore has only a 5.3% burn rate and leads the league for the 2nd consecutive season in terms of the opposing QB's QBR.  You should really learn the Patriots defensive scheme as well.  Gilmore doesn't follow the best WR on the field at all times.  Your lack of knowledge of the true game is astonishing at times for someone who talks so much trash.  He is #8 overall currently in the number of fantasy points allowed per cover snap and the #10 CB overall in terms of fantasy points given up per game. 

Is there a chance he covers Brown and gets burned?  Of course there is.  I would suspect his points would come against someone other than Gilmore though.  Considering the guys the people we listed above are facing, the odds would highly suggest to take the WR's NOT going against Gilmore.  Buffalo has no one else, so you know Brown is going to be covered.  They can't throw to Beasley all game and I'm sure they will throw some deep balls, but your post above is so factually incorrect it's sickening.  Either do your research before espousing total BS or STFU.  :)   You make yourself look like a fool, then you begin typing something you obviously know nothing about and show it to be a fact. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-stephon-gilmore-was-pffs-highest-graded-nfl-cornerback-2018

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/stephon-gilmore/

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He wasn't even on the field for 3 of JuJu's receptions you moron.

Gilmore is listed as the tackler on 4 of JuJu's 6 receptions in the Play-by-Play for the game, so I guess he came off the sidelines to make the tackle on one of those?  I'm surprised that didn't result in a penalty.

You are trying to blame a guy for giving up receptions when he not only wasn't on the field, but not covering Williams when Williams caught all his passes, who was the CB????  Go ahead, I want you to say it.

Gilmore is listed as the tackler on 2 of Williams' 4 receptions, and credited with a pass defended on another of Williams' targets.

There, I said it.

Gilmore doesn't follow the best WR on the field at all times.

Agreed.  But that was your argument against starting Brown, so I nullified it.

[Baseless accusations and insults.]

You should really spend less time heckling the teacher and more time studying the lessons.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Really?  Not one but TWO people think you should start the WR44, who had 7 receptions for 71 yards (and no TDs)  in the first two weeks combined--in a Thursday night game, no less...

MVS pretty much stayed the course that Axe Elf outlined for him--14.1 fantasy points in those two games, 7.7 points tonight.

Let's see if Brown doesn't top that.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

I started Valdes-Scantling, not real happy about that but 7 is better than 0 so I'll deal with it.  Mainly trying to get the most against that terrible Eagles secondary with Davante Adams too so wanted to cover for him in case he didn't go completely off which he did so between the 2 Packers receivers I'm fine.

10 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I started Valdes-Scantling

WHY?

Axe Elf clearly advised you to start Brown instead.

Hopefully you won't need more than one lesson to correct this strategical error.

I start Brown every week but not against the Patriots.  I'm starting Gallman, he's good, not just a guy like everyone is saying.  Chark has the Broncos which is a somewhat tough matchup too, I would probably start Curtis Samuel ahead of Chark and Brown if I wasn't starting Gallman.  Appreciate the advice from everyone.

39 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Appreciate the advice from everyone.

Apparently not...  or at least, not enough.

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Gilmore is listed as the tackler on 4 of JuJu's 6 receptions in the Play-by-Play for the game, so I guess he came off the sidelines to make the tackle on one of those?  I'm surprised that didn't result in a penalty.

Gilmore is listed as the tackler on 2 of Williams' 4 receptions, and credited with a pass defended on another of Williams' targets.

There, I said it.

Agreed.  But that was your argument against starting Brown, so I nullified it.

You should really spend less time heckling the teacher and more time studying the lessons.

I not only watched the game, but provided the links to the sites showing the stats.  If the site you used showed something different, that's not shocking to me.  My argument against starting Brown is the same as yesterday.  He will have Gilmore on him, but I never said Gilmore would be shadowing him.  The Patriots have given up the fewest deep balls in the league this year and have turned 3 of the 7 deep ball attempts into interceptions, also in the links provided above. 

MVS did not do well.  Regardless of the fact I'd like to choke the Packers HC, the reality is he didn't put up many points and I had to use him as a Flex in a league.  It ends up being a non-losing situation as apparently the OP is using Wayne over Chark or Brown.  Chark was the clear cut favorite over both, so it's a moot point.  I would have started Chark, followed by MVS.  You would have started Chark, followed by Brown.  He isn't using Brown or Chark, so it's a dead issue.  Even if MVS outscores Brown, it's still a nothing issue as neither of us would have used Gallman, nor started MVS ahead of Chark. 

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He isn't using Brown or Chark, so it's a dead issue.

That's just the sort of thing that the person who was wrong would say.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's just the sort of thing that the person who was wrong would say.

Considering Brown hasn't played yet, and I clearly gave my reasoning above, there is no "wrong" on my end.  Thank you for playing though.

Oh, and speaking of wrong.....  You told a guy on the help board to start Ryan this weekend over Rodgers.  In fact, you told him to drop Rodgers.  Really, against the Philly defense that couldn't even stop an Elf from hitting 300 yards passing?  Yet another fellow asked about D. Freeman and A. Jones, who should he Flex.  You told him go Freeman.  Really?  Jones and his 17.5 points  PPR will be outdone by Freeman against a stout run defense in TN?   Yet you come on here and say someone else was wrong?  LOL  Keep giving advice buddy.  People know to ignore you. 

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Considering Brown hasn't played yet, and I clearly gave my reasoning above, there is no "wrong" on my end.

There will be.

Thank you for playing though.

You're welcome.

You told a guy on the help board to start Ryan this weekend over Rodgers.

Considering Ryan hasn't played yet, there is no "wrong" on my end.  However, sometimes the right decision turns out the wrong way.

Yet another fellow asked about D. Freeman and A. Jones, who should he Flex.  You told him go Freeman.  Really?  Jones and his 17.5 points  PPR will be outdone by Freeman against a stout run defense in TN?

It's very possible, since Tennessee's "stout" run defense is currently ranked #21 out of 32 NFL teams, and Ito Smith may still be limited, if he clears the concussion protocol at all.  That said, yes, the Jamaal Williams concussion on the first series of the game did tilt the playing field in Jones' direction, but even the Great and Powerful Axe Elf can't predict injuries.  It will certainly be a lot closer than it was at the time the advice was given.

Yet you come on here and say someone else was wrong?

Frequently.

Keep giving advice buddy.

You know it, ol' pal.

People know to ignore you. 

You don't; you jump on everything I post like a fruit fly on my banana.

The people who ignore me are just the ones who don't like winning.

McCourty just intercepted a pass intended for John Brown.

Wayne Gallman just caught a pass and ran it in for a touchdown.

Ummmm, I don't understand your post's intent. Are you kicking yourself because you were unsure and asked for advice or are you mad because the community didn't give you accurate free advice?

Trust me, I'm kicking myself for benching Godwin and Bobby Trees but Its my decision to start someone, not any advice givers :)

I'm happy with my start decisions.  Just trying to let Axe Elf know he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about fantasy football.

ff points in my league week 4 results:

30  Wayne Gallman

7   Valdes-Scantling

11  John Brown

8   DJ Chark

7   Curtis Samuel

On 9/26/2019 at 10:56 PM, AxeElf said:

MVS pretty much stayed the course that Axe Elf outlined for him--14.1 fantasy points in those two games, 7.7 points tonight.

Let's see if Brown doesn't top that.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Well, whaddya know...  after all the opposing bluster, Brown was the best WR you had!  Another great prediction from Axe Elf.

And not only that, but this...

On 9/26/2019 at 11:46 AM, oldtimer said:

Gallman isn't special in any way. 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, weepaws said:

Agreed. 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, AxeElf said:

I think Gallman will do reasonably well just because of the attention that will be paid to Daniel Jones and the passing game.

BOOM!

More pinpoint analysis from Axe Elf!

Thank you, Axe Elf!

On 9/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, AxeElf said:

You said start Chark and Brown.  That result is 19 points.

I started Gallman and MVS.  That result is 37 points.  I'm about twice better than you at this. :P

Thanks for no help.

21 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

You said start ... Brown.

I started ... MVS.

Thanks for no help.

Sheesh, could you be any LESS grateful?

I don't think so...

Axe Elf said to start John Brown.  Brown got 11 points.

Axe Elf said to start DJ Chark.  Chark got 8 points.

I started Wayne Gallman.  Gallman got 30 points. 

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Axe Elf said to start John Brown.  Brown got 11 points.

I started Marquez Valdes-Scantling.  Marquez Valdes-Scantling got 7 points.

I wish I would have listened to Axe Elf.

23 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Maybe just admit you made a mistake picking 2 receivers ahead of Gallman.

Again, you don't seem very grateful to Axe Elf for TRYING to steer you away from the consensus incorrect choice of Marquez Valdes-Scantling to the correct choice of John Brown.

Axe Elf also said that he expected Gallman to do reasonably well, as opposed to the MVS-touters who said he was nothing special.  Starting Gallman in this situation (first week of being the lead back and the second week of a rookie starting QB) was not the smartest choice, however, so Axe Elf could not in good faith advise you to do so.

You made TWO poor choices in starting MVS over Brown and in starting Gallman over Chark.  One worked out for you, and one didn't.  But instead of being grateful to Axe Elf for the expert advice that could have at least saved you from ONE of your poor choices, you get all nit-picky with Axe Elf while ignoring that the rest of the peanut gallery completely whiffed--not only in failing to choose EITHER of the top two scorers in their advice to you, but also in their justifications for disagreeing with Axe Elf regarding Brown and MVS.

No one in this thread gave you better advice or better analysis than Axe Elf, but he's the one you're choosing to call out?

That's not the way you get to take advantage of Axe Elf's free wisdom in the future.