Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Happy Football Day Week 4!

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Yes he did thanks for clarifying.

I was wondering what in the hell Michaels is smoking/drinking...  I guess working with the group he has worked with would drive anyone into heavy drugs/drinking...

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I though he looked good. The Saints were ripping off 6, 7. 8 yard on 1st down every drive. And when he needed a 3rd down conversion - there way Thomas.

He also dropped some dimes in spots only his wrs could catch them, particularly along the sideline.

Stats don't always tell the story, but 193 yards and a pick does. Plus he took a sack at the end to knock them out of FG range. He's getting lit up if the Cowboys could have kicked one to win. 

45 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

this.... I have been astonished by how terrible the booth has been with missed PI calls this year.  if we are going to review it, f'n get it right.

Last Thursday night the coaches challenged two PI non calls, one against the Eagkes and the other vs. the Packers. Both were blatant PI and neither non call was overturned.

So we got 5-6 minutes of game stoppage just to watch the refs blow both calls twice in slow motion. Heckuva job NFL.

that is what stood out to me.  plus, many more over the weekend.

I'm thinking it won't be such a happy week 5 for my Giants. Or 6. Playtime is over, growing pains begin. It's all good, have to go through it. 

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

that is what stood out to me.  plus, many more over the weekend.

Week before Lions-Eagles, Miles Samders nearly gets his head ripped off by the gacenask on a punt return. The refs stop the game for review 12-15 times a game but still blow obvious calls all the time. NFL should just go back to blowing the occasional call without adding a half hour of nonsense to every game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm thinking it won't be such a happy week 5 for my Giants. Or 6. Playtime is over, growing pains begin. It's all good, have to go through it. 

At least your "just a guy" Gallman came through for me this week.

7 minutes ago, nzoner said:

At least your "just a guy" Gallman came through for me this week.

Well he is. The redskins are garbage.  Man up and run him out there the next two weeks and get back to me. You're that guy at the blackjack table that asks if he should hit on 17  and you tell him no and when it doesn't work out complains. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well he is. The redskins are garbage.  Man up and run him out there the next two weeks and get back to me. You're that guy at the blackjack table that asks if he should hit on 17  and you tell him no and when it doesn't work out complains. 

Exactly why I said "at least."

15 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Exactly why I said "at least."

Snark noted. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, well goodbye 19-0. :D

Credit to NO and S. Payton - he had his team ready to play and outcoached Red...... that being said:

* Garrett and the Boy Wonder (K. Moore) laid an egg. They took the Saints lightly, thought they could stroll into the Superdome and win with a basic/conservative game plan.

* Offensive line got its ass kicked. I've been saying for years, the highest paid line in football is overrated - showed again.

* Defensive line got its ass kicked, again - what's new... We are severely undersized up front and we continue to get blown off the ball.

* Fumbles - can't turn it over twice on the road.

* Officiating was terrible - but was for both teams. The stripes are back to making the game about them.

* This one will hurt. You can't lose games where your opponent scores 12 points and no tds.

I put this one mostly on the offense.  The D held Kamara in check, and didn't give up any TD's.  The offense got their asses kicked. 

47 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I put this one mostly on the offense.  The D held Kamara in check, and didn't give up any TD's.  The offense got their asses kicked. 

I agree with it all,  except for that I think we got ripped on the Zeke "fumble". 

41 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I agree with it all,  except for that I think we got ripped on the Zeke "fumble". 

Nobody has been jobbed more than NO lately... But yea, they totally blew this one too. Which blown calls happen, but to miss them with instant replay is beyond maddening. 

https://twitter.com/CdotWHITE18/status/1178638625543720962?s=19

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

And not sure how in da fuq these were offensive PI - but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Fully agree on both of those as well! 

Too bad Lattimore can't talk as well as he acts, did you here that jibberesh filled interview?

15 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Nobody has been jobbed more than NO lately... But yea, they totally blew this one too. Which blown calls happen, but to miss them with instant replay is beyond maddening. 

https://twitter.com/CdotWHITE18/status/1178638625543720962?s=19

True.....but C'Mon Man!  

These were all crucial plays that went against us.🤬

The Saints are now 12-1 with this Officiating Crew

They'd better pound the chit out of Green Bay next week!

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Why does cooper push out at all? sure he misses, but why is he extending his arms? With a mighty shove at that

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Why does cooper push out at all? sure he misses, but why is he extending his arms? With a mighty shove at that

Bcoz Lattimore has his hands all over him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Bcoz Lattimore has his hands all over him.

In the 1st one he doesn't even get a chance 

This pass interference challenge thing might be on the Mount Rushmore of stupid rule changes by the NFL.  The NFL has virtually no intention of overturning calls as far as I can tell.  I wonder if they would have overturned that one in the playoffs that led to this idiocy.  :dunno:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This pass interference challenge thing might be on the Mount Rushmore of stupid rule changes by the NFL.  The NFL has virtually no intention of overturning calls as far as I can tell.  I wonder if they would have overturned that one in the playoffs that led to this idiocy.  :dunno:

In their minds it's a success after last night, they overturned last years Rams / Saints game by giving the Saints a little sumpthin' against the Cowboys.

Saints now 13-1 in games officiated by referee Carl Cheffers’ crew

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/saints-13-1-in-games-record-referee-carl-cheffers-crew/516540?fbclid=IwAR34TyeTaHvyH3n88hXMA9_A1jvFP7lPWm-Zac9d8mV5RCicKFyxbcXjW2k

8 hours ago, Big Guy said:

In their minds it's a success after last night, they overturned last years Rams / Saints game by giving the Saints a little sumpthin' against the Cowboys.

They'd have to give the Saints a little something every game until they make it back to the Superbowl to make up for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

They'd have to give the Saints a little something every game until they make it back to the Superbowl to make up for that.

tru dat