Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Anyone throwing down the big bucks on this game tonight?

My books shows the Eagles at +165 and the points at 47.5

I'm not paying up for a Packers team that even though is 3-0, I just don't see them sustaining that and I think the Eagles are better than they have looked.

So give me Eagles +165

I saw a ton of money has come in on the eagles in the last day. I don't see them staying or covering that spread. I put some on the 1st half packers -3 and Rodgers under on passing yardage..

This is one game I may be betting a bit with my heart and not my head.

I can't even watch anymore baseball this year because the Cubs lost half their players to injuries and just folded in the last few weeks. I freaking hate the Cardinals. If Green Bay wins the NFC North, I may just go into permanent shock, or become a monk and live in solitude. Or both.

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

become a monk and live in solitude

Only one kind of monk lives in solitude--the hermits.  Most monks live in monasteries--apart from mainstream society, but not in solitude.  So if you really want to avoid confusion on the matter, you should probably say you'd become a hermit and live in solitude.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Only one kind of monk lives in solitude--the hermits.  Most monks live in monasteries--apart from mainstream society, but not in solitude.  So if you really want to avoid confusion on the matter, you should probably say you'd become a hermit and live in solitude.

You misunderstand. I wanna be like Adrien Monk. And live in mental solitude.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Herman's Hermits sang "I'm into something good", but they weren't in solitude.

Just now, sderk said:

You misunderstand. I wanna be like Adrien Monk. And live in mental solitude.

Oh.

Well then, that's very different.

Never mind...

Just now, GobbleDog said:

Herman's Hermits sang "I'm into something good", but they weren't in solitude.

The Monk-ees might have been in solitude when they missed the Last Train to Clarksville...

I put it on the Packers. I lost. I thought their defense would be really tough at home. I was wrong. They didn't get much pressure on Wentz, but it's a good thing because it benefits the Bears. 

Side note, every coach in the NFC north sucks. All of them. Thankfully for the Bears they aren't going to get out coached despite having a weak coach themselves

16 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I saw a ton of money has come in on the eagles in the last day. I don't see them staying or covering that spread. I put some on the 1st half packers -3 and Rodgers under on passing yardage..

Ouch

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I put it on the Packers. I lost. I thought their defense would be really tough at home. I was wrong. They didn't get much pressure on Wentz, but it's a good thing because it benefits the Bears. 

Side note, every coach in the NFC north sucks. All of them. Thankfully for the Bears they aren't going to get out coached despite having a weak coach themselves

I don't like two of them, but do like Zimmer quite a bit.  I remember what the Vikings were before he took over and they were still trending in the wrong direction.  He's been a good Coach for them.  He's frustrating from a fantasy perspective, but his teams play hard.  You Chicago coach isn't bad.  I think he's seriously limited by Trubisky, but we'll see.... 

Patricia and Matt L. are both terrible, in my opinion.  I just don't like Patricia.  His arrogance is insane.  Matt L. couldn't get the TN offense moving last year and somehow was hired by the Packers who have Aaron Rodgers?  I still don't understand that hire.  He underuses his best talent and doesn't seem to understand the running game at all.  The guy waited until 3/4 of the year was over before using Henry as a feature back last season.  Wasn't it obvious the ball needed to be out of the hands of the TN QB from week one on? 

8 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Nagy blew it in week 1 by not pounding the run against the packers.

these young coaches overthink it and try to get cute way too often.  sometimes the obvious thing is what you should do.  goal to go at the 1...qb sneak or pound a fullback...basically what belichick does every time. 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:05 AM, oldtimer said:

I don't like two of them, but do like Zimmer quite a bit.  I remember what the Vikings were before he took over and they were still trending in the wrong direction.  He's been a good Coach for them.  He's frustrating from a fantasy perspective, but his teams play hard.  You Chicago coach isn't bad.  I think he's seriously limited by Trubisky, but we'll see.... 

Patricia and Matt L. are both terrible, in my opinion.  I just don't like Patricia.  His arrogance is insane.  Matt L. couldn't get the TN offense moving last year and somehow was hired by the Packers who have Aaron Rodgers?  I still don't understand that hire.  He underuses his best talent and doesn't seem to understand the running game at all.  The guy waited until 3/4 of the year was over before using Henry as a feature back last season.  Wasn't it obvious the ball needed to be out of the hands of the TN QB from week one on? 

You don’t understand that LaFleur is just a “Yes Guy” for Aaron Rodgers? There was always constant friction with McCarthy so I’m pretty sure front office just wanted a doormat that would cater to Rodgers.