Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

QB help

I don't care HOW, I just wonder WHY you would carry all three?

Start Ryan all year and drop the other two for players who could potentially help your team.

16 hours ago, jeffkomlo said:

Rodgers, Ryan or Brady?

don't ask how I got all 3 but need to start one

thx

Rodgers against the horrid Green Bay Secondary was the best option, as a couple of us posted in a thread on the main board early yesterday.  If you didn't use him, the next best bet is obviously Ryan as Buffalo is rather good on defense.  If you have the space for 3 QB's, I like the idea of keeping them.  Just pick the correct matchup.  Rodgers should have been very obvious this week though. 

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't care HOW, I just wonder WHY you would carry all three?

Start Ryan all year and drop the other two for players who could potentially help your team.

Bad advice on dropping them.  Rodgers has value in most leagues, even prior to his good game last night.  He doesn't have value to those of us that are experienced, but there are people who will give something up for him based solely on his name recognition.  I'd offer him in trades prior to outright releasing him.  Same for Brady.  If his roster size is large enough, hanging on to all three and playing the matchups is an even better idea.  Ryan has a history of only being great at home and Rodgers has some fairly easy non-divisional games on the schedule I would save him for, like the one last night.  Brady does get to play Miami and the Jets.  If he's in a league where interceptions cause point deductions, Ryan lost you at least 10 points in the first two weeks of the season as most leagues deduct 2 points per INT if they do deductions.  He will get better, but he also has one heck of a tough schedule.  I definitely would keep him if I were only keeping one, but see no reason why you would want to drop/trade them unless necessary. 

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I definitely would keep [Ryan] if I were only keeping one, but see no reason why you would want to drop/trade them unless necessary. 

The reason would be to make room on one's roster for players who could potentially help one's team more than a backup dime-a-dozen QB.

That said, Rodgers earned a little more respect last night, to be sure.  I'd probably hold him at least another week and see if the real Rodgers steps forward--but I'd still get rid of Brady, whether it be by trade to someone who doesn't know any better, or by way of a waiver wire upgrade at some other position.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The reason would be to make room on one's roster for players who could potentially help one's team more than a backup dime-a-dozen QB.

That said, Rodgers earned a little more respect last night, to be sure.  I'd probably hold him at least another week and see if the real Rodgers steps forward--but I'd still get rid of Brady, whether it be by trade to someone who doesn't know any better, or by way of a waiver wire upgrade at some other position.

I understand your logic, but in most leagues, there shouldn't be an upgrade over Rodgers available on the waiver wire.  Not in a 12+ team league anyway.  Ryan is a guy I do like, but he also plays the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL this season.  He will be fine, but certain matchups I would prefer to have other options for a QB. 

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I understand your logic, but in most leagues, there shouldn't be an upgrade over Rodgers available on the waiver wire.  Not in a 12+ team league anyway.

At the conclusion of Week 3, there were 21 possible upgrades to Rodgers in the NFL, and I'm sure a few of them were available on any typical waiver wire in America.