Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Jay Ajayi...worth a grab and hold?

Ajayi cleared to play.  In 12-14 man leagues RBs are scarce and waivers are a nightmare when a RB hits the market. 

Worth a grab now and hope it pays off or is he not worth the trouble?

Wow great question, just saw the news that he’s healthy and ready. 

But he sure does seem to miss a lot of playing time. 

If you have a player on the bench now you know your never going to start, then yes I would. 

Expecally in a 14 team league, I know you have the spot. 

Yahoo still lists him as a member of the Eagles, and since they played last night, Ajayi is now waiting for waivers to clear next Tuesday.  lol

I picked him up as a stash. I did this too before the season and thought he was ready. I’m hanging onto him he’ll latch on soon.

I gave this some thought, but also gave thought to acquiring one of the miami RBs since rumors have swirled that a trade may be coming.  alas, no real room on my teams.  

Some reson I can see the Falcons or even the Seahawks going after him, maybe? 

A sing of ff obsession when we are tracking CJ, Ayayi, Spencer Ware this early in the season. Kevin Smith is coming out of retirement too!

55 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would think it would more likely be a team that doesn't already have a top 10 RB, but that's just a hunch.

• Like 1

I traded Gronk for him this past offseason in a 12 team dynasty. I suppose we're both swinging for the fences.

Will since neither the Seahawks nor the Falcons have a rb ranked in the top ten in ff , Ajayi might land on one of those teams , maybe? 

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Will since neither the Seahawks nor the Falcons have a rb ranked in the top ten in ff , Ajayi might land on one of those teams , maybe? 

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was the 5th-leading rusher in the NFL in 2018.  Devonta Freeman of the Falcons was injured in 2018, but he was the the #1, the #6 and the #13 PPR RB in the three previous seasons, and he was the ONLY RB with at least 1,100 yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs in each and every one of those three seasons.

And don't call me Will.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

haha what??!?!  stop.

How does 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, have anything to do with going into week four of the 2019 season?  

You need to stop playing in those archives ff leagues.  

So once again neither Freeman nor Carson our top ten Rbs.  

Also stop what. Making a prediction! It’s funny how Eagles 115 likes to mock many post on this site, but yet never helps anyone out with its own predictions. 

Good luck today everyone.  

Thank you. 

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who’s Will?

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was the 5th-leading rusher in the NFL in 2018.  Devonta Freeman of the Falcons was injured in 2018, but he was the the #1, the #6 and the #13 PPR RB in the three previous seasons, and he was the ONLY RB with at least 1,100 yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs in each and every one of those three seasons.

And don't call me Will.

Then Devonta got paid before last season and that was that.

Carson is not physically special as an rb. He’s tough for sure but Pete has shown that he will move off a rb pretty quickly.

I have no honest feeling about where Ajayi could land but someone may bring him in to kick the tires. There’s at least 5 teams with shaky rb rooms. I scooped him a league where I’m stuck with David Montgomery as my 2nd rb and Laytay Murray as my preseason 3rd. Picking on the end in a snake draft sure is fun!

I know there was CJ Anderson last year so it’s not unprecedented, but I think teams are generally loathe to bring in an RB mid-season. You gotta learn the pass protection scheme and calls and all that, on top of the playbook and building rapport with the QB and line. Personally I wouldn’t be holding out a lot of hope