iam90sbaby

If Democratic policies are the reason why there is so much crime in Chicago/LA/NY/Detroit....

Then explain to me why West Virginia, Vermont, Wyoming and Alaska don’t have the same amount of crime and other issues conservatives claim that the “free market” and “small government” will fix. since those are the most socialized states in the country. 

This is a bs point and conservatives should stop repeating it, it’s nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Then explain to me why West Virginia, Vermont, Wyoming and Alaska don’t have the same amount of crime and other issues conservatives claim that the “free market” and “small government” will fix. since those are the most socialized states in the country. 

No one wants to be called racist. 

• Thanks 3

If Democratic policies are why there’s so much crime in the inner city, why have crime rates gone down dramatically in the past 30 years? 😐 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

If Democratic policies are why there’s so much crime in the inner city, why have crime rates gone down dramatically in the past 30 years? 😐 

Technological advancements, surveillance, etc....

I don’t think Democratic policies are the reason there is so much crime in the inner cities. 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Going up in Philly. Big time. Baltimore too. 

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

And why are you going back 30 years? Starting at the worst levels? Why not ten or five years ago? 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Your title says policies but your text talks about social programs. When we talk about Democrat policies, social programs are a small factor. A larger factor are things like stop and frisk how criminals are handled and, the culture of the states you mentioned.

Your question as a whole is disingenuous. 

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Your title says policies but your text talks about social programs. When we talk about Democrat policies, social programs are a small factor. A larger factor are things like stop and frisk how criminals are handled and, the culture of the states you mentioned.

How is it disingenuous? I hear republicans constantly say if government just gets out of the way and let’s the people take over, everything is all good.  Where is the proof? 

So exactly which policies are causing all the crimes in these inner cities if it isn’t social programs? I thought the theory was if we just get rid of food stamps and all that other stuff people will just get back work or something along those lines. 

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

There is or was no such policy as "stop and frisk" in NYC.  There was a UF-250/ stop and frisk form, to be filled out if you did stop and frisk somebody, but you still had to make a lawful stop. No policy to just stop and frisk at will. 

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

How is it disingenuous? I hear republicans constantly say if government just gets out of the way and let’s the people take over, everything is all good.  Where is the proof? 

So exactly which policies are causing all the crimes in these inner cities if it isn’t social programs? I thought the theory was if we just get rid of food stamps and all that other stuff people will just get back work or something along those lines. 

The government is the people. Also when you hear "government get out of the way.." it usually proceeds some new dumb democrat law.

And no that's not the theory.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

How extreme are the policies?  Some Democrat states don't have the same issues that others have.  Yeah, this is going to sound racist, but the bottom line is, the higher the minority population, the higher the crime rate.  This is a fact that is consistent across the world.

Democrats excuse the poor behavior by blaming white people which encourages more poor behavior, and increases the likelihood of Democrats being re-elected.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The government is the people. Also when you hear "government get out of the way.." it usually proceeds some new dumb democrat law.

And no that's not the theory.

Okay, so when Republicans say Democratic policies cause crime in inner cities which policies are they talking about?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, this is going to sound racist, but the bottom line is, the higher the minority population, the higher the crime rate.  This is a fact that is consistent across the world.

This guy is based 

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So iam90sbaby got hacked?

Nope just putting it out there that if you guys could get on the same page as us with immigration, a lot of your policies I have 0 issue with and a lot of younger “republicans” have no issue with either. Want to try a single payer health system? Let’s give it a go. Want to have more gun restrictions? I’m down. Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour? Why not. To bad your party has been overrun by immigrants and you can’t run on policy anymore and it’s all identity politics. 

Obviously we can’t just start shipping people out in masses, that would be inhumane plus a lot are legally citizens. So let’s repeal the Immigration Act of 1965 and add socialized healthcare in one swing and go from there. Sound good? 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Nope just putting it out there that if you guys could get on the same page as us with immigration, a lot of your policies I have 0 issue with and a lot of younger “republicans” have no issue with either. Want to try a single payer health system? Let’s give it a go. Want to have more gun restrictions? I’m down. Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour? Why not. To bad your party has been overrun by immigrants and you can’t run on policy anymore and it’s all identity politics. 

Obviously we can’t just start shipping people out in masses, that would be inhumane plus a lot are legally citizens. So let’s repeal the Immigration Act of 1965 and add socialized healthcare in one swing and go from there. Sound good? 

Not without a secure border and stopping chain migration and deporting the illegals here, starting with the criminals. Democrats have no interest in any of that 

• Sad 1

Weird how the national crime rate keeps going down despite us becoming more diverse. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Weird how the national crime rate keeps going down despite us becoming more diverse. 

Why are you using national numbers, especially NY, when it was republican mayors, governors and policy that drove the crime rate down there? 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Being an illegal alien is a crime, maybe those stats are getting left out? Hmmm, noone manipulates stats to.fit their narrative. But I agree to some point, Trump has been doing a great job across the board. 

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why do you mention cities in your title, but states in your post?

25 minutes ago, sderk said:

Being an illegal alien is a crime, maybe those stats are getting left out? Hmmm, noone manipulates stats to.fit their narrative. But I agree to some point, Trump has been doing a great job across the board. 

Trump has been lowering crime since the 90s.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why do you mention cities in your title, but states in your post?

Not really any major cities under Republican control? Plus it’s the same point either way. I can put California in the title if you’d like lol

54 minutes ago, MDC said:

The common link with crime isn’t Democratic or Republican policy its immigrants and minorities whether you want to accept it or not. Denver is under the same policy and control as San Francisco. What’s the difference? Try and think really hard

34 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I can put California in the title if you’d like lol

But that would make no sense.  California isnt a crime ridden sh!thole, just the urban areas, which happen to be democratically controlled. But even those urban areas have multi million dollar homes and thriving neighborhoods.

But I get what your saying. Just because a policy is label "democratic" doesnt inherently cause crime. Gay marriage and pro labor policies dont cause urbanites to kill each other. Its the victim narrative that is pedaled by dem leaders that dangles the carrot just out of reach of those with little hope in life.

Im still not clear what your point is though.  A vast majority of crime ridden sh!tholes are dem controlled by dem policies. Are you trying to say brown people are animals and are pre-disposed to commit crime, but white people can thrive despite dem policies?

ETA...just saw your previous response to MDC. 

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

But that would make no sense.  California isnt a crime ridden sh!thole, just the urban areas, which happen to be democratically controlled. But even those urban areas have multi million dollar homes and thriving neighborhoods.

But I get what your saying. Just because a policy is label "democratic" doesnt inherently cause crime. Gay marriage and pro labor policies dont cause urbanites to kill each other. Its the victim narrative that is pedaled by dem leaders that dangles the carrot just out of reach of those with little hope in life.

Im still not clear what your point is though.  A vast majority of crime ridden sh!tholes are dem controlled by dem policies. Are you trying to say brown people are animals and are pre-disposed to commit crime, but white people can thrive despite dem policies?

I just gave another example. Denver vs SF. Same policy, what’s the only differences? And to add it one of the cities, a quarter of the population is a bunch stoners and the other is the tech hub of the world with a higher income per capita. Still crime riddled. Why? (You can say it we won’t tell anyone)

No, the vast majority of sh!tholes have a higher minority and immigrant population with no correlation to the party that represents that city or state.

More likely because to many cultures being in one area. No I don’t think brown people are “animals”. 

35 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The common link with crime isn’t Democratic or Republican policy its immigrants and minorities whether you want to accept it or not. Denver is under the same policy and control as San Francisco. What’s the difference? Try and think really hard

If that’s true why did crime go down while immigrants and minorities went up? 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

At least you dont paint with a broad brush

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

democrats are to blame because they don't push minorities to fully integrate into the existing culture.  They instead encourage them to stay in their own inner city enclaves with their own culture and even their own language.  This makes it vastly more difficult for them to find good jobs.  It limits their opportunities.  That makes them more likely to resort to crime.  It also keeps them voting democrat.  If minorities actually integrated culturally, theyd start voting republican and the democrats would be dead.  Democrats need minorities to be uneducated poor and angry to win elections.

The problem in Baltimore is definitely due to liberal policies. Violent offenders are given very light sentences and there’s hardly any penalty for committing crimes. Since the riots, police aren’t able to enforce the laws and crimes don’t even get investigated. There was a huge surge in homeless people sleeping on the streets and begging at every corner. Squeegee boys are at most intersections trying to get donations, and they will vandalize your car if you don’t pay. The city has asked citizens to please donate so they don’t damage your vehicle. 

Its a liberal shiot show. 

• Like 1

People clustered together are going to generate some issues.  The more impoverished people are the more likely there will be issues. Democratic policies are not designed to fix the problem, mostly the symptoms, so it never gets better....and usually gets worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Because you're going back 30 years to start the crime decline, when it was at or near its peak. You think everyone is as stupid as you? 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Democrats need minorities to be uneducated poor and angry to win elections.

This in a nutshell...

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Going up in Philly. Big time. Baltimore too. 

Leave Detroit off the list of "going up".

Not all Democrats are the same. We had twenty years of Coleman Young '74-'94 which did us in, then another five or so of Kwame continued. But then Bing and now Duggan, the city is getting better and you may have noticed that the worst of the nightmares that are making national news are fortunatly taking place someplace else.

Competent adult leadership makes a difference and leads to small victories: 

Streetlights 2019: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2019/09/16/detroit-replacing-all-defective-streetlights/2312028001/

Streetlights 2018: https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/10/04/the-understated-importance-of-street-lights/

Crime stats less awful, three years in a row:  https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2019/02/04/despite-positive-crime-stats-some-detroit-residents-dont-feel-safe/2483901002/

The ongoing effort to remove abandoned, blighted homes: https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/despite-demolition-effort-blight-spreads-undetected-throughout-detroits-neighborhoods/Content?oid=17692371

Because a crime job will hire you despite your lack of quality education.

Because a crime job is always hiring and pays well.

Because you don't have to have a car and commute to your crime job.

Because the only competition for jobs in poor urban neighborhood is McDonald's and the liquor store.

Because there are no social services that give young unemployed men money. Unlike TANF and food stamps for instance for young women with children. Men can't get subsidized housing but a single mother with children can. A crime job will buy food and housing.

A crime job will actually come and find you and ask you if you want to work. A regular job is no where to be found.

When I lived in Newark, I had to walk a little less than a mile too catch a bus to drive me to an entirely different city (20 minutes away) to go to a supermarket. I bet you think that's not true. In big ass Newark there was NO supermarket. I had to go to Elizabeth, NJ. I want you to think a minute about the miles and miles of high rise public housing surrounded by low rise public housing and no supermarket. Nothing but poor people with no jobs, no grass, no trees and no cars. Hustling is a good option for many people.

I guess it's only admirable if you're Italian or a chemistry teacher dying of cancer.

The high rise projects were demolished 20 years ago.

Someone posted a video driving by some low rise low income housing (unoccupied) that was on my bus route going toward the supermarket. Just to give you an idea of the lack of food and jobs:

This is outside of my poor neighborhood. Do you understand? This is the good area, heading toward businesses and shops. 

This is what I'm talking about:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Newark%2C_NJ_USA_1.jpg/1200px-Newark%2C_NJ_USA_1.jpg

These, blocks and blocks and more blocks of these. Nothing but poor people and nothing else: no store, nothing.

You're imagining your opportunities and wondering why people aren't working and integrating. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

When I lived in Newark, I had to walk a little less than a mile too catch a bus to drive me to an entirely different city (20 minutes away) to go to a supermarket. I bet you think that's not true. In big ass Newark there was NO supermarket. I had to go to Elizabeth, NJ. I want you to think a minute about the miles and miles of high rise public housing surrounded by low rise public housing and no supermarket. Nothing but poor people with no jobs, no grass, no trees and no cars. Hustling is a good option for many people.

I guess it's only admirable if you're Italian or a chemistry teacher dying of cancer.

What would happen if someone opened a grocery store in that area? 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

This is what I'm talking about:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Newark%2C_NJ_USA_1.jpg/1200px-Newark%2C_NJ_USA_1.jpg

These, blocks and blocks and more blocks of these. Nothing but poor people and nothing else: no store, nothing.

You're imagining your opportunities and wondering why people aren't working and integrating. 

Agree.  And when I read that Trump's actions are getting people employed I know, without question, that this situation will improve....its THE thing we needed....more employment has to start somewhere and it will only make everyone's life better.

If he can sustain this for another 5 years, imagine the benefit to these people and society at large?  Its true hope.....just amazing

• Thanks 1