Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Deshaun Watson

Pardon my French, but what Defuq?

Thought this guy was going to be a stud. Two sh1tty games so far and two decent ones. Not really any great ones.

Is he not matchup-proof? What gives?

Must be smoking with Tunsil to try to build trust with his new lineman.

Im dropping Fuller next week...

This team is a ff nightmare. 

What happen to Hopkins?  

Hopkins sucks too as of late

1 hour ago, Byrdman5 said:

Must be smoking with Tunsil to try to build trust with his new lineman.

Im dropping Fuller next week...

Don't.  Im dropping him. Breakout on the way 

16 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

...two decent ones. Not really any great ones.

For a QB, what's your definition of "...two decent ones", and "Not really any great ones"?  I ask because in my league (1pt per 25 yards, 4 pt TD), he had 31.7 points in Week 1 and in Week 3, had 27.8.  To me, they count as great.

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

For a QB, what's your definition of "...two decent ones", and "Not really any great ones"?  I ask because in my league (1pt per 25 yards, 4 pt TD), he had 31.7 points in Week 1 and in Week 3, had 27.8.  To me, they count as great.

You can split hairs all you want, right now he’s the 10th ranked QB in my league. Not terrible, but certainly not what I was hoping for 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You can split hairs all you want, right now he’s the 10th ranked QB in my league. Not terrible, but certainly not what I was hoping for 

I never made a comment on the body of work.  Just asking what your definitions on what you consider to be a decent or great game.  That's why I only specifically quoted that specific part of your post.

In my leagues, he's the #5 QB.

Watson's "good" games came against leaky secondary's. His "bad games" were against above average units, not super complicated. I'd buy him if anyone would actually sell...

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Watson is the QB5 in my league and averaging 94.5 points.  Not sure what more you'd want from him.

:blink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

:blink:

Hmmm...  That's quite the typo I had there.  I think I posted his total points and not average.  I believe his average is 23.63.

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Watson is the QB5 in my league and averaging 94.5 points.  Not sure what more you'd want from him.

Well perhaps some of it is scoring systems then. Like I said he’s QB10 in my league and that’s borderline pathetic.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well perhaps some of it is scoring systems then. Like I said he’s QB10 in my league and that’s borderline pathetic.

I'm curious what the difference in scoring system is for him to drop that low.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are you including this week?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Are you including this week?

Yeah.  Current total minus tonight's game.  I wonder if it has to do with TD scoring.  I have one league with 4 point TDs and he is the QB5 but another league with 6 point TDs and he's QB9.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I have one weird-scoring 14-team Superflex league where passing yardage is 1 pt per 35 yards and passing TDs are 4 pts, with -1 pt INTs--but rushing/receiving yardage is 1 pt per yard.  Yes, you read that right--one point for each and every yard.  Taysom Hill has more fantasy points so far than Tom Brady.

lol

I got Watson in that league for his rushing yardage, but even so, he's still the QB8 at the moment.  Mahomes is QB7.  Mariota is QB4.

lol

Lamar Jackson has more fantasy points so far as pretty much any other two QBs combined.

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I have one weird-scoring 14-team Superflex league where passing yardage is 1 pt per 35 yards and passing TDs are 4 pts, with -1 pt INTs--but rushing/receiving yardage is 1 pt per yard.  Yes, you read that right--one point for each and every yard.  Taysom Hill has more fantasy points so far than Tom Brady.

lol

I got Watson in that league for his rushing yardage, but even so, he's still the QB8 at the moment.  Mahomes is QB7.  Mariota is QB4.

lol

Lamar Jackson has more fantasy points so far as pretty much any other two QBs combined.

That league sounds terrible.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That league sounds terrible.

It depends on the criteria you use in evaluating leagues.

Axe Elf breaks up the ennui of dominating "normal" fantasy football leagues year after year after year by engaging in various leagues of unusual size, settings, or challenges, such as drafting a K and a D in the first two rounds, or playing in leagues where the normal consensus player rankings don't apply.

I think you need to calm down.   he has played 4 games, and the projection is for a 16 game season.

early in the season there are always blips in the schedule and some players will score more, and some less than predicted in any individual game.

over the season you would expect these things to average out somewhat.

Houston has games against Carolina (tougher),  then ATlanta(average), KC (nice matchup) and INdy.

I think better days are ahead.