Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cowboys at Saints: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Cowboys: WR Michael Gallup, S Donovan Wilson, LB Luke Gifford, C Adam Redmond, OG Brandon Knight, DL Tyrone Crawford, DT Antwaun Woods

Saints: QB Drew Brees, WR Tre'Quan Smith, CB Ken Crawley, DB Saquon Hampton, OL Will Clapp, OL Ethan Greenidge, and DE Mario Edwards Jr.

Every person I have heard talk about this game, Dallas -2.5, is easy peasy. Makes me want to be contrary. Saints straight up. What the heck.

Feeling a lean on the over as well. 

So far, the Cowboys are getting out coached from my perspective. Let's see if they adjust to the Saint's game plan.  

It's the referee show!

Can't be three plays in a row without a flag

I don't know what it is this year, but man, the zebras really dial up the flags in the redzone... it should be the most exciting time, yet it seems to creep by now... i dread redzone offense now

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rallo said:

I don't know what it is this year, but man, the zebras really dial up the flags in the redzone... it should be the most exciting time, yet it seems to creep by now... i dread redzone offense now

I know, it's like 15-20 penalties every game it seems like. A lot of them are quite questionable too.

Nobody wants to see that.

17 minutes ago, rallo said:

For sure, but i think refs are not viewed as autonomous anymore.  The players, coaches, and league control them in the end. So they throw flags to be careful and catch absolutely everything they see. Which, it's provable on reply. They just didn't call them as much before..

12 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I know, it's like 15-20 penalties every game it seems like. A lot of them are quite questionable too.

Nobody wants to see that.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

For sure, but i think refs are not viewed as autonomous anymore.  The players, coaches, and league control them in the end. So they throw flags to be careful and catch absolutely everything they see. Which, it's provable on reply. They just didn't call them as much before..

Total agreement here, factor in the stoppages after a score (god forbid a reviewed scoring play), then after the kickoff, and holy sh1t... feels like 15 minutes for every redzone trip. 

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

Total agreement here, factor in the stoppages after a score (god forbid a reviewed scoring play), then after the kickoff, and holy sh1t... feels like 15 minutes for every redzone trip. 

DVRs are marvelous things.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

DVRs are marvelous things.

My brother in law DVRs the games and would control fast forward and reverse and all that, I stopped watching games with him. I'm not in that much of a hurry and don't enjoy just watching plays only throughout the game. I like the whole experience after the pregame. I hate most pregames.

Whelp, we are seeing what Dak can do against a good team. Let the sports talk radio and Dallas fans explode. 

What an awful game

1 hour ago, sderk said:

My brother in law DVRs the games and would control fast forward and reverse and all that, I stopped watching games with him. I'm not in that much of a hurry and don't enjoy just watching plays only throughout the game. I like the whole experience after the pregame. I hate most pregames.

If it's a good Sunday or Monday night matchup, I'll mostly just let it run and watch the game, fast-forwarding only through commercials, halftime, replay reviews, etc.

During the day on Sunday I watch the Red Zone Channel, though, and pretty much in real time, because there's not much fluff on there to fast-forward through anyway.

College games, I tend to record several games and then watch them fast, either fast-forwarding between every play, or sometimes even just leaving it on the lowest fast-forward setting.  I can usually pretty much follow the flow of the game even at that pace, and if there's a big play or a critical situation I can always slow down and watch that in real time.  But I probably watch every play of 8-10 college games every Saturday that way.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

If it's a good Sunday or Monday night matchup, I'll mostly just let it run and watch the game, fast-forwarding only through commercials, halftime, replay reviews, etc.

During the day on Sunday I watch the Red Zone Channel, though, and pretty much in real time, because there's not much fluff on there to fast-forward through anyway.

College games, I tend to record several games and then watch them fast, either fast-forwarding between every play, or sometimes even just leaving it on the lowest fast-forward setting.  I can usually pretty much follow the flow of the game even at that pace, and if there's a big play or a critical situation I can always slow down and watch that in real time.  But I probably watch every play of 8-10 college games every Saturday that way.

:sleep:

• Haha 1

I haven’t caught much NFL live action so far. A combination of being a Jets fan and rather being outside disc golfing.

That said almost without fail every time I turn on a Sunday or MNF game it’s an immediate live cut to the refs.

5 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I haven’t caught much NFL live action so far. A combination of being a Jets fan and rather being outside disc golfing.

That said almost without fail every time I turn on a Sunday or MNF game it’s an immediate live cut to the refs.

Freaking love disc golf. PDGA.com is the best for finding courses. I live in a crap area for this but when I lived in Chicago burbs, great courses out west of the city. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Showboat said:

Two BS OPI calls?  I just want to know which official's wife Cooper has been banging.

Yeah, Lattimore sold it with the Bron-esque flop by flailing his arms... what a bizarre call late in the game when the officials usually swallow their whistle

10 hours ago, Showboat said:

Two BS OPI calls?  I just want to know which official's wife Cooper has been banging.

Yeah while Lattimore mugged him the entire game.

Welcome to reality Cowboys fans.  Your team beat up on the league patsies for 3 games and you start screaming superbowl, then you get beat by Teddy Bridgewater (well, mostly by Will Lutz).  Dak isn't a great QB, Kellen Moore isn't a great OC and the Cowboys are doomed to fail in the playoffs again.  This team may be lucky to go 8-8.    

12 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

It’s out of control and a bit like pro wrestling. Cowboys fans go after Saints fans who go after Rams fans who will just attack some bad call they get soon enough, and the reality is everyone is getting screwed in a billion dollar business. The refs think their job is to keep the game entertaining.

7 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It’s out of control and a bit like pro wrestling. Cowboys fans go after Saints fans who go after Rams fans who will just attack some bad call they get soon enough, and the reality is everyone is getting screwed in a billion dollar business. The refs think their job is to keep the game entertaining.

most people in DFW love NO and the saints.  it's like our sister city.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sirensong said:

most people in DFW love NO and the saints.  it's like our sister city.

Thanks. The Cowboys fans were great at the game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Thanks. The Cowboys fans were great at the game.

our cities are very different, but for some reason we get along.

respect.

• Thanks 1