Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Burfict suspended for rest of season

Should be for the rest of his career.

What did you think about the Jonathon Jones hit on Allen? People are calling for his head around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has been a dirty player for a long time, this is likely a good move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

What did you think about the Jonathon Jones hit on Allen? People are calling for his head around here.

This.

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

Unnecessary roughness, but a totally different play. Allen was not a QB in the pocket or a defenseless receiver.  He was a runner looking to get an extra yard for a first down in a close game.  Allen outweighs Jones by 50+ pounds, so he has to come in with some force.

In reality, if that is a RB, then it is not even a penalty.  If it was Tom Brady in the pocket, then Jones gets ejected.  IMO.

• Like 1

Well Burfict is an habitual offender on that stuff so I guess that’s why the super harsh penalty.

The Jones hit...I am a Pats fan so keep this in mind...but to me he wasn’t trying to hit Allen helmet to helmet. In fact he was mostly just standing there and Allen ran into him because he didn’t have the sense to slide or anything. Anyway Jones tried to turn his shoulder into it and just didn’t get the angle right, in part because Allen dipped his own head.

So I do think the penalty was warranted but seems much different from Burfict hit

It's a pattern, he's dangerous, final warning

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Unnecessary roughness, but a totally different play. Allen was not a QB in the pocket or a defenseless receiver.  He was a runner looking to get an extra yard for a first down in a close game.  Allen outweighs Jones by 50+ pounds, so he has to come in with some force.

In reality, if that is a RB, then it is not even a penalty.  If it was Tom Brady in the pocket, then Jones gets ejected.  IMO.

Agreed. 

Ended up not even getting the 15 yards because of the "offsetting" penalties. That's a whole different argument.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Later.  Dude is a dirty p.o.s.

:wave:

This is the day AB started to lose his mind

Just now, vuduchile said:

Good.  Fock him. 

Menanwile Peters took a vicious head shot and the refs never even called a penalty.  

During the live broadcast, I’m pretty sure he was bleeding from his nose or mouth as he walked off.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/29/nfl-rams-marcus-peters-highlight-pick-six/amp/

Peters got annihilated, I couldn't believe he got up..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Reality said:

Peters got annihilated, I couldn't believe he got up..

Football players need to adopt soccer players habits, to get maximum penalty. Getting up after a cheapy,  is always the wrong move

Ah, Burfict, the pride of Arizona State, back in the Dennis Erickson days when discipline was a four-letter word.  Pat Tillman is probably waiting for him in the afterlife to kick his ass.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Ah, Burfict, the pride of Arizona State, back in the Dennis Erickson days when discipline was a four-letter word.  Pat Tillman is probably waiting for him in the afterlife to kick his ass.

or get shot in the back while running away like a little girl

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

or get shot in the back while running away like a little girl

:nono:

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

:nono:

you were they, you know for sure. American's love their fairy tales.   Flight 93 "Lets roll"  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, edjr said:

This is the day AB started to lose his mind

No it's not.  Troy Polamalu and others were saying AB was a cancer in the locker room and acting up already back in 2012.  They had already seen his behavior before Burficit laid him out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No it's not.  Troy Polamalu and others were saying AB was a cancer in the locker room and acting up already back in 2012.  They had already seen his behavior before Burficit laid him out.

:doh:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

As an atheist I don’t think Tillman and burflict end up in the same location

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

As an atheist I don’t think Tillman and burflict end up in the same location

I almost said "pearly gates," but I don't think Burfict will get a glimpse of those...

Why does Burfict get a huge suspension but other known dirty players like Rodney Harrison or Hines Ward never got the big suspension?  What's going on there?

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Why does Burfict get a huge suspension but other known dirty players like Rodney Harrison or Hines Ward never got the big suspension?  What's going on there?

Trump did it.

7 hours ago, riversco said:

Not sure, but I'm guessing, pretending to care about player safety, might be a bigger concern now

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hes being defended on the interwebs by none other than Bill Romanowski.

Romanowski is a total nutjob.  He sounds drunk even when he isn't.  I do know that he did some things outside of just playing football and they probably contributed to his poor mental state.