BuschWack

Minshew Mania

I'm not a Jaguar fan, not yet, but my interest is peaking.  We've been told by NFL Draft analysts and other scout types, that a prototypical QB's measurement should be THIS or THAT.. but from a NFL team owner, front office management and marketing perspective, I'd want more.

If my imaginary hometown professional football team had a leader, a guy I wanted to cheer for, and bought tickets to watch.. It might be Gardner Minshew II.  It also might be Lamar Jackson (i'm a running back)

I like stories like theirs..  the guys that have doubters.

Like in Pullman, WA during his days as a Cougar, Minshew Mania is a thing in Florida now.

18th ranked QB in fantasy, per my leagues settings.  Averaging 17.1 fantasy pts per game.  7 tds - 1 int.

Not a QB you're feeling comfortable dropping Rodgers, Brady or even Winston for.. BUT

Who's either picked up Minshew or thought of grabbing him just because you love his style and secretly cheer for his success.  Count me in.  This is why I love this game.

I didnt pickup Minshew, but I did pickup Chark.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

I'm not a Jaguar fan, not yet, but my interest in peaking.  We've been told by NFL Draft analysts and other scout types, that a prototypical QB's measurement should be THIS or THAT.. but from a NFL team owner, front office management and marketing perspective, I'd want more.

If my imaginary hometown professional football team had a leader, a guy I wanted to cheer for, and bought tickets to watch.. It might be Gardner Minshew II.  It also might be Lamar Jackson (i'm a running back)

I like stories like theirs..  the guys that have doubters.

Like in Pullman, WA during his days as a Cougar, Minshew Mania is a thing in Florida now.

18th ranked QB in fantasy, per my leagues settings.  Averaging 17.1 fantasy pts per game.  7 tds - 1 int.

Not a QB you're feeling comfortable dropping Rodgers, Brady or even Winston for.. BUT

Who's either picked up Minshew or thought of grabbing him just because you love his style and secretly cheer for his success.  Count me in.  This is why I love this game.

I have been starting him since week 2 in a 14 team superflex dynasty. He has been solid for sure

• Like 1

I like him because he's the less douchy version of Baker Mayfield...I'm hesitant to pick him up/use him FF, if only because the DC's will catch up to him fairly quickly and expose whatever weaknesses and tendencies he has.  But I'm sort of hoping he proves me wrong.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

I like him because he's the less douchy version of Baker Mayfield...I'm hesitant to pick him up/use him FF, if only because the DC's will catch up to him fairly quickly and expose whatever weaknesses and tendencies he has.  But I'm sort of hoping he proves me wrong.  

Nailed it!

Regarding his game... he seems to be able to throw accurately, make reads, go through a progression and protect the ball.  Not sure how a DC could expose that.  Having Fournette go beast mode does help. 

Feels like the team and fans are rallying around him, along with the Ramsey issue.

Definitely a fan and love the comparison to a non-douche Baker Mayfield.  This kid is humble.  If an owner deserves a fairy tale season, it's Khan.  We prayed he would be able to buy the Rams, and he tried, but it didn't work out.  He's an owner that I respect and root for and that extends to any kids like this on his team. 

On 9/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, BuschWack said:

I'm not a Jaguar fan, not yet, but my interest in peaking. 

... at him in his jockstrap? :overhead:

QB has been an absolute dumpster fire for me this year. Drafted Cam with no backup in a 14-team league where most teams draft two QBs, so when he got hurt, there was nothing left on the wire. The past two weeks I started Rudolph and then Danny Dimes. Still have DD, but with his upcoming matchups (Minn/NE) I have to look elsewhere, at least for the next couple weeks. So I'm rolling with The Stache. He's been solid, not spectacular, every week so far. Not a great match-up, but also not an obvious stay away. If I can get my 250/2 that would be a big improvement compared to what I've been trotting out at the QB all year.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:43 AM, jgcrawfish said:

brooms are not less douchy.

18 hours ago, zftcg said:

... at him in his jockstrap? :overhead:

Fixed.  Ha!

As a Jag fan, I’m enjoying what Uncle Rico has going on.  Unfortunately, the Def isn’t the same without Ramsey.

Just now, JagFan said:

As a Jag fan, I’m enjoying what Uncle Rico has going on.  Unfortunately, the Def isn’t the same without Ramsey.

Maybe Minshew can play a little CB.  He looks like he could go both ways.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Are you that big of a jackass to make a comment like that in a thread where everyone is talking about a QB they like?  It's a refreshing story, but leave it to you.....

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Are you that big of a jackass to make a comment like that in a thread where everyone is talking about a QB they like?  It's a refreshing story, but leave it to you.....

Wait, are you implying that going both ways is a BAD thing?  I thought we had made a lot of progress in this society towards acceptance and tolerance, but leave it to you...

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I thought it was amusing

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I agree and that's why I really like this kid's moxie.  He's very confident.  He COULD go both ways.  ..and that's not coming from the locker room.