Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

I Challenge You Geeks!

Okay my friends.  I have a challenge for you.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

Tomorrow morning, October 1st, weigh in on your home scale.

Then for the month of October, at least 5+ days a week do something physical for at least 20 minutes.  Whether that be walking, running, biking, weights, anything physical fitness related.  If you want to do more than 5 days a week or longer than 20 minutes, do it.  But it has to be at least 5 days and at least 20 minutes, no averaging.

Let's give it a real go and push ourselves!

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.  Only on October 31st, step back on your home scale.

As far as diet, do whatever you want.  I will be going back strictly keto, but thats totally up to you.  Do what feels right for you.

Join me in this upcoming month to really challenge yourself.  We can totally start the fall off right, by making good choices and creating good habits!  Who knows... maybe 30, turns into 60, turns into all of us looking and feeling great for the New Year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Unsubscribe 

🙃

5 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.

I am ordered to weigh in every day by my doctor due to the multiple medications I am on...

I hopped on a scale the other day because I was zip-lining.  I was not happy with the number I saw. 

I will give this a shot.  Speaking of which - we can still drink.  Right?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Good timing, thinking about doing the Sober October deal..

I work out 3 days a week and my weight is decent, I could drop a few but, nothing drastic.

• Like 1

Just now, Reality said:

I work out 3 days a week and my weight is decent, I could drop a few but, nothing drastic.

I am going on 9 nights in a row. What else is there to do in NY when you're alone?

23 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Okay my friends.  I have a challenge for you.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

Tomorrow morning, October 1st, weigh in on your home scale.

Then for the month of October, at least 5+ days a week do something physical for at least 20 minutes.  Whether that be walking, running, biking, weights, anything physical fitness related.  If you want to do more than 5 days a week or longer than 20 minutes, do it.  But it has to be at least 5 days and at least 20 minutes, no averaging.

Let's give it a real go and push ourselves!

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.  Only on October 31st, step back on your home scale.

As far as diet, do whatever you want.  I will be going back strictly keto, but thats totally up to you.  Do what feels right for you.

Join me in this upcoming month to really challenge yourself.  We can totally start the fall off right, by making good choices and creating good habits!  Who knows... maybe 30, turns into 60, turns into all of us looking and feeling great for the New Year!

Does golf count as physical?

16 minutes ago, posty said:

I am ordered to weigh in every day by my doctor due to the multiple medications I am on...

Dude you can totally still do the challenge you just won't  have the surprise at the end.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Does golf count as physical?

I guess it depends on how physical you get.  Do you walk all holes, carrying your bag?  If so is it a challenge for you to do that or is it easy? You want to do is something that can challenge you for that physical activity.

9 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Dude you can totally still do the challenge you just won't  have the surprise at the end.

I know...  I just didn't know if that rule was "set in stone"...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Do you walk all holes, carrying your bag?  

Hell no.  Do you know how hard it is to carry clubs and an ice chest full of beer for 18 holes in 95 degree heat? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Hell no.  Do you know how hard it is to carry clubs and an ice chest full of beer for 18 holes in 95 degree heat? 

My crackah! :cheers:

53 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

:thumbsup: The day after Halloween could be ugly for some of us.

• Haha 1

I'm in as well, but I'm not going to post anything publicly 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm thinking of the Sober October thing as well.  

As for Beer's facebook sounding challenge, I already work out about 5 days per week on average and weigh myself every day which I'm not going to change.  I also eat mostly low carb, except when I don't.  I guess I need to decide on the drinking thing to make this interesting.  :dunno:

• Like 1

Man, sober during football season.  That would be tough.  Will have to think about this challenge though.

• Like 1

I'm pretty fit and thin - but I'll be pulling for all you fat focks, you can do it! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm pretty fit and in thin - but I'll be pulling for all you fat focks, you can do it! :thumbsup:

This. I already eat well and exercise, but I’ll be cheering you guys on.

• Like 2

I'm 6' ,  198-208 lbs on average. 

I do something physical given my job every day. 
Given my Coors Light nightly intake and my tobacco addiction, it's pretty amazing I'm still alive. 

Like OldMaid said,  I'll be cheering you guys on. :cheers:

Also, nobody likes a quitter 

I'm 6'0 and 183. Haven't drank in a couple years, eat pretty well and walk a TON at my job. I still wouldn't mind losing another 5 pounds or so.

Alrighty boys... lets have a good showing.

5:46 am...  5'10, 239.4 lbs... lifting
43 minutes of tri's and bi's supersets.  15-20 reps, 9 sets.

I'll accept your little challenge.  I already workout a couple of times a week.

I don't have a scale at home but I walk 5 - 10 miles a day for work 4 days a week. 

I'll join the peanut gallery and cheer you guys on.  :cheers:

I'm in but I'll have to find a scale... we don't have one in the house.

I'm in but I lost a day seeing as it's 11 PM. I'll be Oct 2-Nov1.

Sober October $#@!@#$#@!

Decided to give it a go.  Need to set some fitness goals; I already went to a HIIT/crossfit class this morning.  

5'11, weighed in at 176.4, I'll be interested to see if I gain or lose.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Sober October $#@!@#$#@!

Decided to give it a go.  Need to set some fitness goals; I already went to a HIIT/crossfit class this morning.  

5'11, weighed in at 176.4, I'll be interested to see if I gain or lose.

Think I'm going to as well.  Nobody cares but, 6'1" 193 as of this morning. 

I've already got 2 things this week that will be a challenge...  Let the games begin..

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Think I'm going to as well.  Nobody cares but, 6'1" 193 as of this morning. 

I've already got 2 things this week that will be a challenge...  Let the games begin..

Yeah, we are celebrating our anniversary this weekend with a nice dinner, I'll be tempted to take a break that day for some good wine.  Otherwise, steak and... club soda?  :dunno: