Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

I Challenge You Geeks!

13 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

alright, apparently since my incident and not travelling as much as I have the last 4 months, I went from 222 to 238, so my goal is to get back to that in October

Incident?

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

that which cant be spoken lol

You battled with Voldemort?  :o

7 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Alrighty boys... lets have a good showing.

5:46 am...  weight 239.4... lifting
43 minutes of tri's and bi's supersets.  15-20 reps, 9 sets.

Don't you want to lose weight?  You might want to walk and/or run for 20 minutes each day.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Don't you want to lose weight?  You might want to walk and/or run for 20 minutes each day.

Lifting  Burns a ton more calories

• Thanks 1

Day 1

does having some wine, listening to music and doing dishes count? :dunno:

• Haha 1

Day 1:

60 minutes HIIT/crossfit

20-30 minutes energetic sex w/my wife

About to head to a 60 minute yin yoga class.  It's going on 5PM here which is about when I would start drinking; best if I'm not here staring at the liquor cabinet.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Day 1

Almost.  But this is a weight loss challenge, not an act like Cathy challenge.  

• Haha 1

Day 1

1/2 hour morning walk with the dog

1 1/2 hours coaching/playing football with my son’s team   

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Day 1:

60 minutes HIIT/crossfit

20-30 minutes energetic sex w/my wife

About to head to a 60 minute yin yoga class.  It's going on 5PM here which is about when I would start drinking; best if I'm not here staring at the liquor cabinet.  :thumbsup:

Wait, I didn't know having sex with your wife counted as exercise.  I guess I'm in too.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Day 1

Day 1 - extended... 2nd lift of the dayMy brother in law came over tonight... wanted in on the challenge and wantednto lift.  Welp... add 32 minutes of additional hard tri's and bi's supersets.  11 sets of 20... pushdowns, extensions, skulls, slooooowww preacher curls,  rope hammer curls.

Honestly I have been kicking around doing a couple 2 a days each week anyway.

35 minute walk last night

45 minutes of lifting (back)this morning.  Hoping of walk this evening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Day 2. Started off the morning with 100 push ups and 100 crunches. 

I want to work something like this in.  A few years ago our gym had a challenge which amounted to 2000 pushups and squats in a month.  It was a progression like 50 75 100 rest 75 100 125 rest etc.  I did sets of 25 but you had all day to finish at whatever breakdown you wanted.  At the end we did 200+ of each per day.  I added Russian twists to the progression.  At the end of the month I was down to 160 pounds and cut.  I also wasn't drinking like I have been.  I think I'll do it.  :thumbsup:

On the Sober October front I made it through the night; first time in months.  Slept like crap.  Part of it was drinking a ton of water -- my goal is at least 96 ounces per day (6 x 16 ounce glasses).  I had 8 including a Pelligrino with lime in the evening (pretend alcoholic drink).  So I woke up a bunch to pee.

ETA:  I just made the chart, it is 4000 not 2000.  Also I may post a Google doc here in case others are interested.

• Like 2

Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing and the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine found that people who weighed themselves daily were more likely to lose weight than those who didn't. 

https://www.health.com/weight-loss/weighing-yourself-daily-weight-loss

I ran 3 miles yesterday, today I will be on the bike and doing pushups.

I am in, except the weighing part. I could stand to drop 10 pounds.

• Like 2

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing and the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine found that people who weighed themselves daily were more likely to lose weight than those who didn't. 

I don't know about that...  I know that if I gained like 0.8 pounds from the day before, I feel depressed all day...

Of course the research did come some from Pitt, so take it with a grain of salt...

19 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

https://www.health.com/weight-loss/weighing-yourself-daily-weight-loss

I ran 3 miles yesterday, today I will be on the bike and doing pushups.

I am in, except the weighing part. I could stand to drop 10 pounds.

Good for you.  My wife and I weigh daily and we use the data as described:  just data, but if trends developed we would adjust.  I just came back from a 2 day business trip where I ate like crap and gained 3 pounds???   Better work in some better food the next few days.  Stuff like that.  :thumbsup:

Day 2 -- I have a nearby hike I call "Plateau Run."  Jog 2/3 mile on rolling ground, climb a steep mountain for 1/2 mile to a plateau which has views of much of the city, jog down and back.  Comes to about 2.4 miles total, took me 37.25 which I think is my fastest time (did 39.02 on Monday).  

Also did 75 each of pushups, russian twists, and squats as I described above.

Also also still no booze.  I can't remember the last time I went two straight nights without drinking.

• Like 1

Day 2. 

I did 2.5 miles walking. 

I (re)started the Wim Hof method three weeks before we started this. it includes stretching and push-ups. 

• Like 1

I'm 5'8" 143 lbs

I'm in because I just want to tone up. I don't mind if I gain a little more weight. Anything that will possibly add weight to my boobs is a plus.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm 5'8" 143 lbs

I'm in because I just want to tone up. I don't mind if I gain a little more weight. Anything that will possibly add weight to my boobs is a plus.

36-24-36???  Only if she 5 three. 

35 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Day 2. 

I did 2.5 miles walking. 

I (re)started the Wim Hof method three weeks before we started this. it includes stretching and push-ups. 

Wim Hof, also known as The Iceman, is a Dutch extreme athlete noted for his ability to withstand freezing temperatures. He has set Guinness world records for swimming under ice and prolonged full-body contact with ice, and still holds the record for a barefoot half-marathon on ice and snow.

:unsure:

On 9/30/2019 at 2:38 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Okay my friends.  I have a challenge for you.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

Tomorrow morning, October 1st, weigh in on your home scale.

Then for the month of October, at least 5+ days a week do something physical for at least 20 minutes.  Whether that be walking, running, biking, weights, anything physical fitness related.  If you want to do more than 5 days a week or longer than 20 minutes, do it.  But it has to be at least 5 days and at least 20 minutes, no averaging.

Let's give it a real go and push ourselves!

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.  Only on October 31st, step back on your home scale.

As far as diet, do whatever you want.  I will be going back strictly keto, but thats totally up to you.  Do what feels right for you.

Join me in this upcoming month to really challenge yourself.  We can totally start the fall off right, by making good choices and creating good habits!  Who knows... maybe 30, turns into 60, turns into all of us looking and feeling great for the New Year!

Get a divorce. I lost fifty pounds since February. My divorce. Was at 249 and now at 199 eight months later. Brah!!?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Get a divorce. I lost fifty pounds since February. My divorce. Was at 249 and now at 199 eight months later. Brah!!?

Congrats!  Do you eat better?  Drink less?  

On 10/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Day 1 - extended... 2nd lift of the dayMy brother in law came over tonight... wanted in on the challenge and wantednto lift.  Welp... add 32 minutes of additional hard tri's and bi's supersets.  11 sets of 20... pushdowns, extensions, skulls, slooooowww preacher curls,  rope hammer curls.

Honestly I have been kicking around doing a couple 2 a days each week anyway.

I ain't sucking cawk just to loose some weight like you bro

On 9/30/2019 at 3:38 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Okay my friends.  I have a challenge for you.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

Tomorrow morning, October 1st, weigh in on your home scale.

Then for the month of October, at least 5+ days a week do something physical for at least 20 minutes.  Whether that be walking, running, biking, weights, anything physical fitness related.  If you want to do more than 5 days a week or longer than 20 minutes, do it.  But it has to be at least 5 days and at least 20 minutes, no averaging.

Let's give it a real go and push ourselves!

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.  Only on October 31st, step back on your home scale.

As far as diet, do whatever you want.  I will be going back strictly keto, but thats totally up to you.  Do what feels right for you.

Join me in this upcoming month to really challenge yourself.  We can totally start the fall off right, by making good choices and creating good habits!  Who knows... maybe 30, turns into 60, turns into all of us looking and feeling great for the New Year!

I would love to join in but I already have been doing it for a while. After traveling weekly for work for years I got out of shape. I got up to 220lbs at my worst last year at this time. Then I stopped having to travel for a while and started up the health effort. I am now down to 170. Good luck you guys, it feels awesome.

In my experience I say it took about 12-15 months of "dragging" myself to the gym daily before it became a part of my day. If I have to skip a day for whatever reason I feel like crap now.

For 4 years I only ran on the treadmill 3 miles a day. About 3 months ago I decided to switch to weights which I had not done on the regular since HS. It was amazing how weak I had got and how bad my form was starting out but I'm gaining on it quickly

• Like 1

I definitely could afford to shed a few pounds, I mean 313 pounds is not that much but when you’re 5’6 like me that’s not a lot of height to spread it all out you know? That’s why I like to say “I’m not overweight - I’m undertall!” hehehe.

I accepted beer’s challenge and went for a walk yesterday. When I got back to the apartment I realized my 5-block walk had only burned 15 of my mandatory 20 minutes! I used the extra 5 to do some arm curls with a dumbbell while watching Survivor. I just s love that show.

Git up this morning and I must say I can definitely see the muscle tone peaking out! I look noticeable more “shredded” than I did on Tuesday! On the downside I am very sore from all that exercise and may need to find some lower impact way to “work out.”

:cry: 

• Haha 2

Day 3. Started the day with a massive leg cramp.  Danced around the living room punching at my hamstring and trying to stretch it out for about 10 minutes before it finally went away.  

Drank a bunch of water then went to work. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Day 3. Started the day with a massive leg cramp.  Danced around the living room punching at my hamstring and trying to stretch it out for about 10 minutes before it finally went away.  

Drank a bunch of water then went to work. 

How vigorous was the dancing and punching?  Is that half of your required workout?  🤪

I've hiked twice this week after not doing it for months; my calves are feeling it the worst.

I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then did 30 minutes of weights yesterday.

This morning, I masturbated vigorously for 20 minutes.  Does that count?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then did 30 minutes of weights yesterday.

This morning, I masturbated vigorously for 20 minutes.  Does that count?

We really prefer that you have vigorous sehks with Jerry's wife.  <_<

• Haha 1