Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

I Challenge You Geeks!

2 minutes ago, Mookz said:

We really prefer that you have vigorous sehks with Jerry's wife.  <_<

Everybody does that, though.  Hard to get in enough time to make it work.  

2 minutes ago, Mookz said:

We really prefer that you have vigorous sehks with Jerry's wife.  <_<

He already does that, as do most of the geeks.  You're missing out, your loss.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

He already does that, as do most of the geeks.  You're missing out, your loss.  :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, I will be getting into Phoenix on the 20th tell her not to wear anything...........complicated.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Speaking of which, I will be getting into Phoenix on the 20th tell her not to wear anything...........complicated.

Will do.  I'd offer to join you for a drink but I'm doing that Sober October thing.  Maybe I'll join you for a club soda if you are free.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

How vigorous was the dancing and punching?  Is that half of your required workout?  🤪

I've hiked twice this week after not doing it for months; my calves are feeling it the worst.

It was more frantic than vigorous. 

30 min. walk this morning at 6:30 am and I also tried to do push ups. I could only do 3 man's push up (I can do 15 women's push-ups).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

30 min. walk this morning at 6:30 am and I also tried to do push ups. I could only do 3 man's push up (I can do 15 women's push-ups).

So you’re saying women should be paid 1/5 of what men make? 

18 minutes ago, frank said:

So you’re saying women should be paid 1/5 of what men make? 

Don't use my weak body as an example. I'm going to try to up my numbers and hopefully by the end of the month I can do 15 man push-ups without stopping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I feel like absolute hot garbage.... I think I got the keto flu's.  Meh...

They call that AIDS. T & P’s. :(

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I feel like absolute hot garbage.... I think I got the keto flu's.  Meh...

I think it's elbow cancer from doing an entire workout of nothing but arms.  Are you planning to bear hug someone to death?  🤪

Day 3:  60 minutes HIIT,  100 each of pushups / russian twists / squats.  Secks soon we'll see how vigorous it is.

Still no booze but we were invited to a hike/bbq today which presume involves drinking.  We've also got our anniversary and several other things shaping up as cheat days...

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Day 3:  60 minutes HIIT,  100 each of pushups / russian twists / squats.

What the heck is a Russian twist?  Sounds like a mixed drink...

1 minute ago, posty said:

What the heck is a Russian twist?  Sounds like a mixed drink...

Sit on the floor with your legs and back raised.  Twist to one side and touch the ground with your hands.  Then twist to the other side.  I call that one rep; some call it two.  Also I use a 10 pound weight.  It's a good full-core exercise, especially the obliques.

I'll work in some V-ups and bicycles as alternatives in future rounds.

Ran (jogged) pass patterns and played pass defense for about an hour with the kids at practice tonight.  

21 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Ran (jogged) pass patterns and played pass defense for about an hour with the kids at practice tonight.  

Sounds more fun than an exercise class!  If I may ask, how old are you and your kids?

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sounds more fun than an exercise class!  If I may ask, how old are you and your kids?

I’m 55.  My sons are 10 and 12. 

I coach my youngest son’s 10u tackle and flag teams.   He plays both.  

I assistant coach my oldest son’s tackle team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I’m 55.  My sons are 10 and 12. 

I coach my youngest son’s 10u tackle and flag teams.   He plays both.  

I assistant coach my oldest son’s tackle team.  

Good for you.  I fancy myself in good shape for 52 but keeping up with kids would be a workout.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good for you.  I fancy myself in good shape for 52 but keeping up with kids would be a workout.  :thumbsup:

I don’t do all that well keeping up.  When I go too hard, the ole plantar facitis or some other old man ailment starts acting up.  

I can play some half court hoops with them, but it’s much easier to keep pace in baseball.    We play a base running game where they run and the coaches try to throw them out.  By the end of it, the coaches are all winded and whining about their sore arms.  

Three miles.

A small amount with my kettlebell.

My daily Wim Hof method: three rounds of 30 breaths each, with a breath retention averaging about two minutes each. 4 minute meditation, followed by a 6 minute cold shower. Later in the day I do a stretch, followed by pushups. 

• Like 2

Day 4 - 41 mins shoulders - arnold presses, cable flys, hammer front raises, shrugs, bent rear flys, rope face pulls

• Like 1

Day 4: Today I woke up early with a hankering for smoked meats. I was going to drive over to Idaho Joe’s for the breakfast buffet when I remembered mmmbeer’s challenge. As it turns out the 2-block walk to the diner takes me about 10-minutes so I figured “TJ, why not walk there and back? Delicious breakfast plus challenge accepted!”

I am gonna get RIPPED at this rate! Got to lay down for a while though, I git the bacon sweats.

:cry: 

• Like 2

Day 4 :  Started the day grocery shopping at 7am.  I'll probably just cut grass and weed eat after work.  That's good for about an hour of walking.  

Day 4:  60 minutes hot yoga, 125 pu/rt/s

Yoga is awesome, hot yoga is even better.  A great workout while you stretch your body to relax it from other, more ballistic workouts.  :thumbsup:  🧘‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Day 4 :  Started the day grocery shopping at 7am.  I'll probably just cut grass and weed eat after work.  That's good for about an hour of walking.  

Skipped the yard work and took the dog for a 45 minute walk instead. 

Also eating 2 meals per day now and one of them is soup or salad only. 

45 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Skipped the yard work and took the dog for a 45 minute walk instead. 

Also eating 2 meals per day now and one of them is soup or salad only. 

We've skipped breakfast for some time, it's called intermittent fasting.  Basically your body learns to process stored energy (fat), especially if you exercise while fasting.  If carbs are there, your body just uses them.

We love eggs, we just have them for lunch or dinner.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Birthday party tonight for a friend of ours, lots of drinking.. I didn't partake.. Was a little strange but, I had a good time even though everybody else was drinking.

Told my wife not to make a deal of it and I had a tumbler with green tea. 

I don't drink through the week but, was weird not immediately cracking a beer when I got home from work today. 

Not sure I can make it a month but, we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Day 5 -- 60 minutes HIIT.  Today was a day off from the pushup /russian twist / squat sequence, but our HIIT class had a twist station, and we did 100 V-ups before and after the workout.  So my abs are going to be awesome under my dad belly.  :D

30 min lifting (arms) followed by 30 minute walk. 

At the Astros game preparing to pound beers!🍻 

On 9/30/2019 at 2:38 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Okay my friends.  I have a challenge for you.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

Tomorrow morning, October 1st, weigh in on your home scale.

Then for the month of October, at least 5+ days a week do something physical for at least 20 minutes.  Whether that be walking, running, biking, weights, anything physical fitness related.  If you want to do more than 5 days a week or longer than 20 minutes, do it.  But it has to be at least 5 days and at least 20 minutes, no averaging.

Let's give it a real go and push ourselves!

Do NOT weigh yourself the entire month.  Only on October 31st, step back on your home scale.

As far as diet, do whatever you want.  I will be going back strictly keto, but thats totally up to you.  Do what feels right for you.

Join me in this upcoming month to really challenge yourself.  We can totally start the fall off right, by making good choices and creating good habits!  Who knows... maybe 30, turns into 60, turns into all of us looking and feeling great for the New Year!

Does jacking off for 20 minutes a day count? 

No alcohol on a Saturday night... Been quite a while since that's happened.

• Like 1

Day 6 -- Did 100 pu/rt/s, also an hour and a half of yard work that included brushing down the pool.

I'm thinking of mixing in some curl to press and bent over rows for the pushups and squats on alternating days; My body may not make it to the end of the month on the pushups with the increasing progression I'm trying to do...

• Like 1

Day 5 - Off

Day 6 - 37 mins (back) - bentover bar rows, one arm dumbell rows, pull downs, and seated cable hammer grip rows

Did nothing active yesterday.  

Started today with 100 push ups and 100 crunches then took the dog for a brisk walk.  

Day 7 since accepting the challenge. My daily walks and dumbbell exercises appear to be paying off. My second chin looks noticeable smaller and I am seeing more muscular definition in my shoulders and arms. I am transforming - becoming leaner, stronger and faster every day. There is no telling how ripped I will be at the end of this month.

Thank you mmmbeer for throwing down the gauntlet. :bandana: 

2 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

Day 7 since accepting the challenge. My daily walks and dumbbell exercises appear to be paying off. My second chin looks noticeable smaller and I am seeing more muscular definition in my shoulders and arms. I am transforming - becoming leaner, stronger and faster every day. There is no telling how ripped I will be at the end of this month.

Thank you mmmbeer for throwing down the gauntlet. :bandana: 

Who hacked t.j. booker's account?  :dunno: