Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Bengals at Steelers: In-Game Discussion

I'll let Mike update the inactives, but wanted to get the thread up on the bored...

Inactives

Bengals: OT Cordy Glenn, DE Carl Lawson, DE Kerry Wynn, DT Ryan Glasgow, RB Trayveon Williams, WR A.J. Green, QB Jake Dolegala

Steelers: TE Vance McDonald, FB Rosevelt Nix, OLB Anthony Chickillo, OG Fred Johnson, OT Chuks Okorafor, DE Isaiah Buggs, ILB Vince Williams

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

I'll let Mike update the inactives, but wanted to get the thread up on the bored...

Freudian slip, or you really don't know how to spell "board"?

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Freudian slip, or you really don't know how to spell "board"?

The real Axe Elf would never break bored etiquette...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The real Axe Elf would never break bored etiquette...

The only Axe Elf doesn't subscribe to quaint customs.

1 hour ago, Beyond Chaos said:

The Toilet Bowl

LOL. They are showing garbage games on Thursday and Monday nights this year.

These are two bad teams.

And what happened to Connor!??!

I see why the Steelers aren't good this year.  The O-line play is weak.  Very un-Steelers like.

Question to anyone watching the game: are the Steelers running formations with both Conner and Samuals on the field at the same time?

Not a good challenge by Tomlin on that OPI call.  It obviously isn't OPI there, but they are absolutely not turning over called pass interference on the field.  The review rule has been an absolute joke so far.  You basically need to tackle a receiver to get a PI called on review, and I don't think there is any shot at getting a PI call overturned if one is called on the field unless there is absolutely no contact.

Just now, Showboat said:

Question to anyone watching the game: are the Steelers running formations with both Conner and Samuals on the field at the same time?

Yes.  It looks like they're running one of them as an H-back or a slot receiver on some plays.  Not a lot though.

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

Not a good challenge by Tomlin on that OPI call.  It obviously isn't OPI there, but they are absolutely not turning over called pass interference on the field.  The review rule has been an absolute joke so far.  You basically need to tackle a receiver to get a PI called on review, and I don't think there is any shot at getting a PI call overturned if one is called on the field unless there is absolutely no contact.

Agreed. Typical dumb Tomlin..."Here, have a timeout "

Jesus. First quarter and juju only has one catch for nine yards.

This Mason Rudolph guy is just terrible for this team.  Correction: this Mason Rudolph guy is just terrible for my fantasy team.

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Jesus. First quarter and juju only has one catch for nine yards.

This Mason Rudolph guy is just terrible for this team.  Correction: this Mason Rudolph guy is just terrible for my fantasy team.

Yeah, almost every pass is 5 yards or less down the field.  Maybe Juju will get some bubble screens or something.  I've only counted 1 pass more than like 8 yards down the field.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Yeah, almost every pass is 5 yards or less down the field.  Maybe Juju will get some bubble screens or something.  I've only counted 1 pass more than like 8 yards down the field.

Yep. Looking like JuJu is gonna be a complete bust without Big Ben. 

Damnit. 

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Damnit. 

Could be, but the actual stats say he's been the same all 4 games.

Game 1: 8 targets, 6 catches, 78 yards, 0 TDs

Game2: 8 targets, 5 catches, 85 yards, 0 TDs

Game 3: 7 targets, 3 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD

Game 4: 4 targets, 3 catches, 15 yards, 0 TDs (double the half and its 8 targets, 6 catches, 30 yards, 0 TDs

Ju Ju has been VERY consistent this year. Is he that low WR1? Nope. But he's getting 8 targets a game. That's almost 130 on the year. But the catch percentage is down. Yards have been decent until tonight. He only had a game with Ben and did the same as he's been doing with Mason. He may be a bust for where he was drafted, but that's not on the QBs.

James Conner limped off the field.  May not be serious.  We'll see.

11 minutes ago, Law said:

Could be, but the actual stats say he's been the same all 4 games.

Game 1: 8 targets, 6 catches, 78 yards, 0 TDs

Game2: 8 targets, 5 catches, 85 yards, 0 TDs

Game 3: 7 targets, 3 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD

Game 4: 4 targets, 3 catches, 15 yards, 0 TDs (double the half and its 8 targets, 6 catches, 30 yards, 0 TDs

Ju Ju has been VERY consistent this year. Is he that low WR1? Nope. But he's getting 8 targets a game. That's almost 130 on the year. But the catch percentage is down. Yards have been decent until tonight. He only had a game with Ben and did the same as he's been doing with Mason. He may be a bust for where he was drafted, but that's not on the QBs.

Dress it up however you want.  This is not the production most expected from JuJu when the season started.  

32 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Damnit. 

Yep, you're right.  Every pass up 5 yd dump to the running back.  Rudolph sucks so does Tomlin

How do dress up actual stats?

You said Ju Ju will be a bust without Ben. I showed you actual stats that show he's been the same with and without Ben. If you want to change your comment about it being about Ben, then OK, but that's what you wrote. It's not dressing anything up to prove otherwise. Sorry your analysis was wrong.

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Dress it up however you want.  This is not the production most expected from JuJu when the season started.  

Whoever people draft, they are always convinced they got the steal of the draft, and that THEIR guy is going to lead the league this year.

But only a small percentage axually draft the league leaders and draft steals by listening to Axe Elf.

If Jaylen Samuels is going to be running the wildcat all year (and with the success they've had with it I'm assuming they won't discard it after one game) he suddenly becomes a very interesting flex option. 

I guess Diontae Johnson is passing James Washington.  That was a total fluke busted coverage TD, but he's the one getting targets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Whoever people draft, they are always convinced they got the steal of the draft, and that THEIR guy is going to lead the league this year.

But only a small percentage axually draft the league leaders and draft steals by listening to Axe Elf.

GFY 

Just now, nobody said:

I guess Diontae Johnson is passing James Washington.  That was a total fluke busted coverage TD, but he's the one getting targets.

Yeah. Might be the game plan or maybe the connection between him and his QB,  but he’s been featured tonight. 

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But only a small percentage axually draft the league leaders and draft steals by listening to Axe Elf soilost.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Law said:

How do dress up actual stats?

You said Ju Ju will be a bust without Ben. I showed you actual stats that show he's been the same with and without Ben. If you want to change your comment about it being about Ben, then OK, but that's what you wrote. It's not dressing anything up to prove otherwise. Sorry your analysis was wrong.

Don’t be a moron  

Pull JuJu’s stats with Ben for all of last year instead of just one game this year and let me know what you think. 

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into Juju's stats against New England.  I have a feeling they're going to shut down everybody's best receiver.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into Juju's stats against New England.  I have a feeling they're going to shut down everybody's best receiver.

You might be interested to know that every time I read one of your posts, the Jackson Browne song Boulevard starts playing in my head.   Carry on  

Nobody rides for free
Nobody gets it like they want it to be
Nobody hands you any guarantee
Nobody

Yikes, Ross hit the ground hard.  Shoulder or concussion possibly.

Man, the Bengals sucking in prime time is one of the most predictable trends in sports, and I never capitalize on it.

Does Andy Dalton have a hard count?  Just can't use it on the road? 

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Quote manips are so 2005.

You just did that yesterday.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Are these the usual Monday night announcers?  They're terribly boring.

Joe Tess is fantastic. Booger can go away forever. They just haven’t been able to replace Gruden since he left.