Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Who is the WR for SF to own after the bye ?

If I have to start a SF WR, my season is probly over already anyway.

The top WR for the 49ers is currently averaging less than 5 targets (not receptions, TARGETS) per game (4.7), less than 50 yards per game (49) and less than a TD every 2 games (0.3 TDs per game), and was the WR47 in standard scoring and the WR50 in PPR after 3 weeks.

If I'm being forced to pick I would gamble with Dante Pettis. He had a great 5 game stretch late last season and Shanahan clearly wants him to be the guy. He's also been dealing with injuries in camp and to start off the year but scored the game winning TD last week and looks healthy. He's also one of the better route runners in the NFL but he also seems to lack a bit of toughness. Again, it seems like the WRs on that team are treated like the RBs in a complete rotation but if I had to take a chance on one I'll go Pettis. 

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The top WR for the 49ers is currently averaging less than 5 targets (not receptions, TARGETS) per game (4.7), less than 50 yards per game (49) and less than a TD every 2 games (0.3 TDs per game), and was the WR47 in standard scoring and the WR50 in PPR after 3 weeks.

Please dont respond to my posts anymore, or I will contact mike. 

Debo is the man. 

ya I drafted him late, just wondering if Pettis has been just hurt.. and they want him to be the man

Hurd is coming back too... that guy can be a RB or a WR. I just feel someone on that WR core will be a great, soon. They are 3 and 0 and an exciting team to watch

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Go for it.

"MOM!!  Axe is lookin' at me!"

• Haha 1

i would be careful relying on any 49er rb or wr.  shanny even said as much prior to the season in how he wanted players interchangeable.  now... players will do well, but jimmy will try to go to the open guy.  even wilson is vulturing breida/mostert.  the only reliable player on offense is kittle.

Don’t think the OP was saying he was relying on a wr from the Niners. . 

Just wants to know whose the one to own.  

A good wr and even the go to wr from a team has a back up is a good move.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t think the OP was saying he was relying on a wr from the Niners. . 

Just wants to know whose the one to own.  

A good wr and even the go to wr from a team has a back up is a good move.  

yes, this is a stash

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

if I am not mistaken, Shanny was coaching the #1 RB in football ( Freemon ) and the # 1 WR in Julio at one point in Atlanta. Many if not all the experts that write about FFB for a living, was viewing Pettis as a #2 WR this summer. Pettis has been hurt, and Deebo has preformed better than expected... but being a rook getting only like 40% of the snaps. Someone will emerge as a solid #3 WR after they come out of their bye. I never said start anyone, but if you can figure out who will dominate touches in that offense... that person would for sure be rosterable. So STFU

Not sure if Hurd's back could be a lingering issue, but guy could be a target monster in the slot. If I had a spot to stash him and Deebo wasn't available, I'd take a flier. 

28 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Goodwin playing the most snaps out of all the WR.  He had an incredible finish back in 2017.

But mostly because he was all they had then. Definitely worth keeping an eye on though 

3 hours ago, snatchit said:

Many if not all the experts that write about FFB for a living, was viewing Pettis as a #2 WR this summer.

This is but one of the myriad reasons why Axe Elf is better than "experts" who write about FFB for a living.  It is a good reason, though...

Someone will emerge as a solid #3 WR after they come out of their bye.

Someone this week maybe, someone else next week, no one the week after that...  One would have to be desperate for WR help to start any San Francisco receiver on a regular basis.

I never said start anyone, but if you can figure out who will dominate touches in that offense... that person would for sure be rosterable.

Fine, if you want to fill your team with merely rosterable players who you wouldn't axually want to start, scrutinize away.  Axe Elf and his disciples prefer to fill their teams with impact players they can start with confidence if needed, and who are coveted trade targets for other fantasy teams.  To each his own.

So STFU

If you want me to stop responding to your posts, maybe you should take the first step and stop responding to mine?  Just a thought...

23 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

If I'm being forced to pick I would gamble with Dante Pettis. He had a great 5 game stretch late last season and Shanahan clearly wants him to be the guy. He's also been dealing with injuries in camp and to start off the year but scored the game winning TD last week and looks healthy. He's also one of the better route runners in the NFL but he also seems to lack a bit of toughness. Again, it seems like the WRs on that team are treated like the RBs in a complete rotation but if I had to take a chance on one I'll go Pettis. 

What makes you think Shanahan clearly wants Pettis to be the guy?  If that is real and not speculation it could be actionable.

Gun to my head, I say Pettis, but my confidence level is extremely low -- and the offense isn't all that high-powered to begin with -- so I'm only stashing if I have true deadweight at the end of my bench (which I don't).

I made a spec add of Pettis for James Washington before Monday nights game

seeing Washingtons zero I think I made the right call

12 team league with 2 flexes so deeper than normal 

On 9/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, snatchit said:

"Mike, Axe Elf responded to my post!"

9 hours ago, LaChup said:

"Mike, Axe Elf responded to my post!"

just sick of the dude, on every post his goal is to try and make you look stupid... no room on this site for that. Its all good

It just seems like there has to be one WR on SF that is rosterable for bench stash... maybe not. We start 3 WR and a flex and bye weeks are coming

34 minutes ago, snatchit said:

just sick of the dude, on every post his goal is to try and make you look stupid... no room on this site for that. Its all good

i totally disagree.. he always add content and is Snarky with its delivery.. this is Informative Entertainment.. and if he actually answering your question with reasons and not just flaming you for no reason, and u get mad about it.. the issue resides in you and not with AxrElf.. 

when you message Mike, see if he can send you some FFToday tissues or better yet a tampon.

oh.. sorry.. Deebo is the play here i think, he seems to have a nice connection with Jimmy

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

He definitely a massive tool bag, and ubiquitous. But that’s the internet for ya

2 hours ago, snatchit said:

It just seems like there has to be one WR on SF that is rosterable for bench stash... maybe not. We start 3 WR and a flex and bye weeks are coming

They are not going to offer predictable production.  They will all have a good game here and there, but it is going to be difficult to project floors and ceilings for them.

14 hours ago, nobody said:

What makes you think Shanahan clearly wants Pettis to be the guy?  If that is real and not speculation it could be actionable.

Shanahan repeatedly challenged Pettis during the offseason (even going as far as playing him in the 4th quarter of a preseason game which led to a minor injury). When asked about it Shanhan stated that he's hardest on those he believes in and he knows the type of WR Pettis can be. 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Shanahan-on-Pettis-I-am-the-hardest-14383129.php

42 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Shanahan repeatedly challenged Pettis during the offseason (even going as far as playing him in the 4th quarter of a preseason game which led to a minor injury). When asked about it Shanhan stated that he's hardest on those he believes in and he knows the type of WR Pettis can be. 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Shanahan-on-Pettis-I-am-the-hardest-14383129.php

Because if the head coach felt that Pettis was a bum and he would rather risk him getting hurt in the 4th quarter of a preseason game than risk one of his better receivers, he would have said so.

• Like 1

Pettis is coming out of the doghouse with Shanny..  If he keeps his stuff together, and jimmy G starts letting it fly,  pettis is the one with highest upside.  Deebo has some learning to do, and Goodwin is mediocore at best.

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

He definitely a massive tool bag, and ubiquitous. But that’s the internet for ya

The expert has spoken. I need hear no more on the matter.

:lol: j/k Worms

My opinion is:

1A: Deebo

1B: Pettis

4. Goodwin/et al

I think either player could give you 3 or 30 any given week. That makes them a bye-week dart, until I start seeing consistent production. I have Deebo rostered currently.

2 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

I think either player could give you 3 or 30 any given week.

Now I am legitimately curious when was the last time that a SF WR scored 30 fantasy points.

Was it this decade?

This century??

Just now, AxeElf said:

Now I am legitimately curious when was the last time that a SF WR scored 30 fantasy points.

Was it this decade?

This century??

Depends upon your league. In mine, a 50 yard TD is worth 12 points all by itself.

31 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Depends upon your league. In mine, a 50 yard TD is worth 12 points all by itself.

Yes, that would be your typical PPR scoring--1 pt for the reception, 5 pts for the yardage, and 6 pts for the TD.

So the question remains... When was the last time that a SF WR scored 30 fantasy points in a game?

The last time I can think of one was Michael Crabtree in Week 17 of 2012.

Can anyone think of a 30 pt game by a 49ers' WR since then?

In any case, I think I'm going to have to call nonsense on the latter part of this:

44 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

I think either player could give you 3 or 30 any given week.

3, yes; 30, not so much.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, that would be your typical PPR scoring--1 pt for the reception, 5 pts for the yardage, and 6 pts for the TD.

So the question remains... When was the last time that a SF WR scored 30 fantasy points in a game?

The last time I can think of one was Michael Crabtree in Week 17 of 2012.

Can anyone think of a 30 pt game by a 49ers' WR since then?

In any case, I think I'm going to have to call nonsense on the latter part of this:

3, yes; 30, not so much.

I think I am just gonna grab Pettis and put him deep on my bench, we have 6 spots. Give him a few weeks after the bye, and see what happens

And then there is Hurd, if you know anything about this guy... he may be on the field a lot. Axe you might be right on this one. Just seems like someone will emerge viable.