Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Death row inmate too sick to be executed. Drugs used for exection might harm him.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/death-row-inmate-with-rare-condition

One of the comments left...which at this point, is today's internet comment winner so far:

"His victim had the not-so-rare condition of wanting to live, but he didn't care about that."

And honorable mention...

"when my neighbors dog bitt my son I used my 45 that seems to work pretty well"

"Karma has come to collect in full"

I’d much rather go by firing squad than lethal injection. :dunno: 

I firmly believe if you want corporal punishment to be effective, it has to be a public execution

Just now, NorthernVike said:

I firmly believe if you want corporal punishment to be effective, it has to be a public execution

How about Adrian Peterson spanking your balls?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

How about Adrian Peterson spanking your balls?

You are one weird little man. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

And charge a small admission fee. I would buy a ticket to see some thugs lynched at the town square. 

16 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

And charge a small admission fee. I would buy a ticket to see some thugs lynched at the town square. 

Do them all at once during half time of the Super Bowl.

They get to watch the first half for free and die wondering how it ends.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Evil ......I like it

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Even better - you take all of them, lets say 10-12. Put them all in pit with random hand combat weapons like nunchucks, swords, etc and have them fight to the death until one guy is left. Hype this up for weeks in advance with tale of the tape and stats. This may rival the super bowl in terms of money wagered. 

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

I firmly believe if you want corporal punishment banned, publicly execute prisoners.

• Thanks 1

Missouri uses a single dose of pentobarbital as its execution drug but refuses to say where it gets it. The source is believed to be a compound pharmacy since large pharmaceutical companies prohibit the use of their drugs in executions.

This is an odd paragraph.  So... the state of Missouri buys execution drugs on the black market?  And they are allowed to keep such things from the public?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

This is an odd paragraph.  So... the state of Missouri buys execution drugs on the black market?  And they are allowed to keep such things from the public?  :dunno:

I'm good with whatever it takes to kill these terdlets.

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I firmly believe if you want corporal punishment banned, publicly execute prisoners.

Cuck

10 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Even better - you take all of them, lets say 10-12. Put them all in pit with random hand combat weapons like nunchucks, swords, etc and have them fight to the death until one guy is left. Hype this up for weeks in advance with tale of the tape and stats. This may rival the super bowl in terms of money wagered. 

Combine that with puppy bowl and you'll be printing money! 

8 hours ago, lod001 said:

I'm good with whatever it takes to kill these terdlets.

How you die should correlate with your crime that got you the death sentence. Court hands down the death sentence ruling, family of the victim decides how you go out. Alligator pit, focked in the azz with rusty cactus, strapped to an anthill,  I don't care.  That'd be the ultimate closure and deterrent. 

I’m not sure what the execution process typically entails, but why don’t they have an anesthesiologist put them under, then administer whatever reasonable form of execution they want?

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with these losers dying painfully, but if we want to appease the tree huggers...

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

How you die should correlate with your crime that got you the death sentence. Court hands down the death sentence ruling, family of the victim decides how you go out. Alligator pit, focked in the azz with rusty cactus, strapped to an anthill,  I don't care.  That'd be the ultimate closure and deterrent. 

I saw some old western where the executioners would bury their prey up to their necks in the ground and unleash a bunch of ants all over his head. Not sure if they were fire ants or not, but, it was pretty gruesome from watching a movie perspective. 

The last time I was in Mexico, I went to a 16th century torture exhibit ("Just say no to Torture"). Holy crap. There are so many bad things that people can do to another that you may have never even thought of. Even in the movies. 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I saw some old western where the executioners would bury their prey up to their necks in the ground and unleash a bunch of ants all over his head. Not sure if they were fire ants or not, but, it was pretty gruesome from watching a movie perspective. 

The last time I was in Mexico, I went to 16th century torture exhibit. Holy crap. There are so many bad things that people can do to another that you may have never even thought of. Even in the movies. 

Midieval is where it's at. There's a good reason "Going midieval" on someone is a saying.

12 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Midieval is where it's at. There's a good reason "Going midieval" on someone is a saying.

Seriously. Long fvcked up slow public torture. It makes old west public hangings and current day water torture seem like a visit to Disneyland. 

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Corporal punishment is spanking or paddling. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

Correct. And it works. 

How focking hilarious would it be if we took the gang bangers out in public, had them bed over, and had some nerds spank them for all to see. It’d get boring, but the first few times would be focking hilarious.

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

How focking hilarious would it be if we took the gang bangers out in public, had them bed over, and had some nerds spank them for all to see. It’d get boring, but the first few times would be focking hilarious.

And then bury them alive with a camera inside to televise them slowly meet their end? I could see that. 

16 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well, the execution was executed last night. 😎

Thank God he died peacefully. I was so worried that he was going to have some discomfort. Phew.

Bucklew, 51, was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and first-degree burglary in 1997. He was pronounced dead at 6:23 p.m. CT (7:23 p.m. ET), KFVS said.

Former Cape Girardeau County Prosecutor Morley Swingle, who tried Bucklew, said the death "was very peaceful."
A KFVS reporter who witnessed the execution said she could see Bucklew on a gurney with a white sheet up to his chest. Bucklew was looking away from the viewing room. She said he turned his head so that he was looking straight ahead and was twitching his feet. The he let out a sigh, and there was no more movement. The curtains were closed for a few minutes, she said, and reopened with him still on the gurney.

There were no visible complications, she said. Swingle said Bucklew "closed his eyes and went to sleep."
Activists were concerned that Bucklew's disease would cause a gruesome death when he was administered drugs at his execution. He had a rare blood vessel disorder called cavernous hemangioma. The disease can cause tumors in the head and regular bleeding from the mouth, nose, eyes and ears.
Advocates for calling off the execution were worried the lethal injection would cause prolonged suffocation and excruciating pain.

I saw a pretty cool interpretation of the 8th amendment this morning by the supreme court.

They say the amendment doesn't guarantee a painless execution.   And I suppose that's true---the rule that it can't be cruel or unusual doesn't automatically mean it can't be painful.

Love the law

10 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/C/CorporalPunishment.aspx

A fine or imprisonment is not considered to be corporal punishment (in the latter case, although the body is confined, no punishment is inflicted upon the body).

As with all punishment, the motivation is to either punish the offender or to ensure that there is no re-offence, either by the offender or by others who would be properly detered by the threat of similar punishment.

The death penalty is the most drastic form of corporal punishment and is also called capital punishment. Some schools still use a strap to punish and correct students.

Some countries still punish habitual thieves by cutting off a hand.

These are forms of corporal punishment, as is any form of spanking, whipping or bodily mutilation inflicted as punishment.

:wave:

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I saw a pretty cool interpretation of the 8th amendment this morning by the supreme court.

They say the amendment doesn't guarantee a painless execution.   And I suppose that's true---the rule that it can't be cruel or unusual doesn't automatically mean it can't be painful.

Love the law

My interpretation is that a punishment has to be cruel AND unusual to violate the 8th amendment, because that's what it says. So it can be cruel OR unusual, but not both. ;)

5 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

My interpretation is that a punishment has to be cruel AND unusual to violate the 8th amendment, because that's what it says. So it can be cruel OR unusual, but not both. ;)

Gotta tell you I have never interpreted it that way, even though that's exactly what it says..Hmmm...as the court ever ruled on that?  Interesting argument there counselor.