Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Be Best

16 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I find it awesome that Melania's big initiative is anti-bullying and her husband goes around bullying young girls who favor environmentalism.  :lol:

Who is he bullying? What are the young girl's names? If you are talking about Greta, well, retarded kids who say "shame on you" and are really dumb in their understanding of the climate, and then preach to others, simply put, it's open season on her. Criticism of her is well deserved.

9 hours ago, sderk said:

Why do people give a crap about what the first lady does? Unless they are destructive like Hussein's husband in high heels was. The people vote a president in not the spouse. I prefer them quiet unless they have their own business or something like that.

Good for you, but I didn't ask her to do anything, I asked about her Be Best initiative. It seems she isn't doing much with it. I don't even know what it's about. That is why I asked, to learn and understand. Seems you all are as clueless as I am.

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Who is he bullying? What are the young girl's names? If you are talking about Greta, well, retarded kids who say "shame on you" and are really dumb in their understanding of the climate, and then preach to others, simply put, it's open season on her. Criticism of her is well deserved.

The Twitter in Chief is king of calling people names and attacking a teenage girl because she says "Shame on you" for his pisspoor record on the environment is definitely bullying.  

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Really?  I just went to google and typed in "CNN bashes Melania".  Go ahead, try it.  See how many things come up.  I bet, you get ZERO.

I just did and there's all kinds of stuff.  Are you using a different google?  The very first link was to fox news with a headline that says CNN Bashes Melania Trump.  One was CNN saying she acts like a teenager.  There was of course the complaints about her jacket.  One said it's obvious she doesn't understand her role as First Lady.  That's just the first page of results.

22 hours ago, peenie said:

I wonder if anyone remembers what it was supposed to promote?

Hope and Change.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Good for you, but I didn't ask her to do anything, I asked about her Be Best initiative. It seems she isn't doing much with it. I don't even know what it's about. That is why I asked, to learn and understand. Seems you all are as clueless as I am.

Hope and Change.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just did and there's all kinds of stuff.  Are you using a different google?  The very first link was to fox news with a headline that says CNN Bashes Melania Trump.  One was CNN saying she acts like a teenager.  There was of course the complaints about her jacket.  One said it's obvious she doesn't understand her role as First Lady.  That's just the first page of results.

Shorepatrol brought this up.  I corrected myself to him and meant Michelle, I just didn't edit the original.  There's nothing there.  Sure, CNN will bash Melania, but they never once said anything bad about Michelle.  Just pointing out that just because you see a hack-job merging clips together, it doesn't mean it's true.  That's all.  In the clip you provided... as I said, I remember seeing 2 of those specifically.  I remember what they were talking about and the clip you posted does not AT ALL describe what was actually being said.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Shorepatrol brought this up.  I corrected myself to him and meant Michelle, I just didn't edit the original.  There's nothing there.  Sure, CNN will bash Melania, but they never once said anything bad about Michelle.  Just pointing out that just because you see a hack-job merging clips together, it doesn't mean it's true.  That's all.  In the clip you provided... as I said, I remember seeing 2 of those specifically.  I remember what they were talking about and the clip you posted does not AT ALL describe what was actually being said.

Of course there's nothing there.  That's just proving the point I was making earlier with you.  CNN is biased.  Fox News is biased.  Is Fox News bashing Melania?  My point was to show how hypocritical it is to complain about one media source while completely ignoring another.  To me, it shows how biased many here are.

19 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Sure she was.  Just ask any kid that ate school lunches. 

18 hours ago, peenie said:

Say No to Drugs was a First Lady Initiative and it really stuck, imo.

Michelle's was Let's Move and about being fit and eating healthy.

Melania may work on being more attractive, I mean active,  in Trumps second term.

I give Michelle a pass on the cafeteria food thing; she was just fed poor science as to which food should be considered "healthy," combined with a pollyanna belief of what kids would buy from a vending machine.  But childhood obesity (and obesity in general) is a real problem in this country, so I don't fault her for making it her initiative.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, peenie said:

in Trumps second term.

This is probably the only sensible thing you have ever said here...

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I give Michelle a pass on the cafeteria food thing; she was just fed poor science as to which food should be considered "healthy," combined with a pollyanna belief of what kids would buy from a vending machine.  But childhood obesity (and obesity in general) is a real problem in this country, so I don't fault her for making it her initiative.  :thumbsup:

The main reason for the obesity problem in this country falls squarely on the shoulders of using emotion to dictate policy.  You know that pyramid that we all grew up with?  That was invented because (I forget which President it was), had a heart attack while in office.  The government then emotionally went out and tried to do studies on diets.  They then had the FDA create that stupid chart that was used in schools all over the country.  The result?  The average person's weight went up about 20 pounds.

Just another reason why you should never vote for Democrats.  Policies brought on by emotion always end poorly.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The main reason for the obesity problem in this country falls squarely on the shoulders of using emotion to dictate policy.  You know that pyramid that we all grew up with?  That was invented because (I forget which President it was), had a heart attack while in office.  The government then emotionally went out and tried to do studies on diets.  They then had the FDA create that stupid chart that was used in schools all over the country.  The result?  The average person's weight went up about 20 pounds.

Just another reason why you should never vote for Democrats.  Policies brought on by emotion always end poorly.

I read a fascinating article about the politicization of the "low fat" vs. "low carb" experts back in the 70s.  The low fat side won the battle and... here we are, taking 40+ years to finally start undoing the fake science.

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I read a fascinating article about the politicization of the "low fat" vs. "low carb" experts back in the 70s.  The low fat side won the battle and... here we are, taking 40+ years to finally start undoing the fake science.

CICO. Nobody ever failed to lose weight by taking in fewer calories than they expend. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

CICO. Nobody ever failed to lose weight by taking in fewer calories than they expend. :thumbsup: 

Yeah, it's pretty much common sense that "Calories in vs Calories out" is how you control your weight.  The problem was that back then, it probably wasn't... which is fair enough, but the fact that they pushed their agenda without considering other options is par for the course.

Today, instead of telling kids at younger ages - while in school, the importance of exercise... they encourage obesity.  God forbid you tell kids or people that they're over weight and that they need to / should exercise... no, they tell you how beautiful fat people are on magazine covers and swimsuit magazines.  Again, this is the kind of problems that occur when you have emotion dictate policy instead of common sense and logic.

5 hours ago, MDC said:

This is grammatically correct but the fallacy I've pointed out is that you presume CO is the same for any CI.  This is scientifically proven false.  But hey, eat one jelly bean per day and nothing else, I concede you will lose weight.  Congrats on that.  :thumbsup:

Michelle Obama's Let's Move, not clear about the specifics but I know she wanted healthier lunch options for kids in school as well as getting kids to exercise. Not sure what was wrong with that?

It called for more whole grains, fruits, vegetables, low-fat milk products and less sodium and fat. It also awards additional funding to schools that meet the standards -- to the tune of six cents per healthy lunch.

• Like 1

Lordy, I researched this myself and found that schools served disgusting lunches that kids didn't eat and so therefore it was a failure. Not really her fault? Seems the schools didn't want to give the kids good food. 

ETA,

I was one of those kids eligible to get free or reduced lunch and I was too ashamed to ever pick up my tickets that would allow me to get lunch. I never ate lunch. A habit I kept almost all of my life. Today I didn't eat lunch. Funny, my Mom always filled out papers so that I could get free lunch, till this day she doesn't know I never ate it.

• Confused 1

I liked when they told us ketchup was a vegetable. America was great then. 

I am sad now. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Lordy, I researched this myself and found that schools served disgusting lunches that kids didn't eat and so therefore it was a failure. Not really her fault? Seems the schools didn't want to give the kids good food. 

ETA,

I was one of those kids eligible to get free or reduced lunch and I was too ashamed to ever pick up my tickets that would allow me to get lunch. I never ate lunch. A habit I kept almost all of my life. Today I didn't eat lunch. Funny, my Mom always filled out papers so that I could get free lunch, till this day she doesn't know I never ate it.

I was an active energetic kid and ate what they had. Never once had a problem with the food. MMM..... And I am healthy as can be later in my life.. People are just prudish these days and want to criticize. Ever see the women that shop at whole foods? Terrible skin. Look like they haven't showered in months. I'm attracted to the thin body style, but not the dirty, gross looking un-bathed women that are the ones who are probably offering up the most complaints about this food topic. Aside from cancer and such, health is way easier than people make it out to be.

And I thank God I wasn't considered ADD and put on drugs because I was a kid with energy.

12 hours ago, sderk said:

Ever see the women that shop at whole foods? Terrible skin. Look like they haven't showered in months. I'm attracted to the thin body style, but not the dirty, gross looking un-bathed women that are the ones who are probably offering up the most complaints about this food topic.

I think Trader Joe's has more scruffy hippie looking people. The Whole Foods in Atlanta tend to have the good looking people, imo.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think Trader Joe's has more scruffy hippie looking people. The Whole Foods in Atlanta tend to have the good looking people, imo.

I confuse them to be honest.  Whole Foods was founded by a vegan; do they even sell meat? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Derka-Derka is an idiot. Typically the women shopping at Whole Foods are fairly well to do and therefore somewhat hot. Well-dressed, Botox, etc 

Trader Joe’s a little less so but somewhat similar on my experience. Attracts suburban MILFs like crazy.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I confuse them to be honest.  Whole Foods was founded by a vegan; do they even sell meat? :dunno:

I'm only been to one Whole Foods and the only reason we went was for the craft beer bar.  That's all they need for me to go.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Interesting. The Whole Foods I have been all the ladies look like somewhat grungy granola eaters that never shower. Well off off financially maybe, but still, crunchy looking.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Only reason I go to Whole Foods near me. I don't have a decent butcher nearby so I go there because they have an OK meat counter (decent steak cuts, pork, etc.) along with a fish counter.