Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Christian Kirk

He caught the two final passes LW vs SEA

Second to last play, got up very slowly and looked like he wanted out.. but there was only a couple of running seconds left. For whatever reason, Murray looks his way again on the last play for like 8 yards. Kirk got twisted around and was down for the count... didn’t look good at all, surprised this hasn’t been discussed more. My guess is that he will be out for a couple weeks.

2 hours ago, JohnD. said:

Andy Isabella is a talented kid. Do we think he slides into that role?

I guess, but I haven't seen enough out of Arizona's offense so far that makes me think they can automatically support two WRs. Fitz has been a WR2 and Kirk a WR2/3. Isabella might get the role, but as a rookie my confidence that he could approach Kirk's production (which again, has been middling) is pretty low. 

But definitely worth keeping an eye on, especially if Kirk is going to miss significant time. Sounds like we may get more of an update today.

3 hours ago, JohnD. said:

Andy Isabella is a talented kid. Do we think he slides into that role?

Kirk's absence would primarily boost Larry Fitzgerald, but I doubt if it makes anyone else fantasy-relevant.  Of all of the other WRs, Damiere Byrd would probably get the biggest bump if he's over the hamstring issue that kept him out last week--but I haven't heard an update about that.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said Christian Kirk (ankle) is unlikely to play Week 5 against the Bengals.

Kingsbury said Kirk will be limited in Wednesday's practice, which would typically be taken as a good sign on a Wednesday. But Kingsbury admitted Kirk is lucky his injury isn't worse than originally anticipated. He seems week to week for now. With Damiere Byrd (hamstring) also likely to miss, it will be Larry Fitzgerald, KeeSean Johnson, Andy Isabella, Trent Sherfield, and Pharoh Cooper out wide.

Sounds like it's probably only going to be a week, so hold off on picking up any other AZ WRs (also, Byrd is probably out as well)

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Kirk's absence would primarily boost Larry Fitzgerald...

and DJ I'm thinking for more rushing overall (Cincy 24th overall d, 27th v run) and more passes out of backfield.

I don’t think any of them will see a uptick in ff. 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think any of them will see a uptick in ff. 

Every DJ owner right now:

4 hours ago, zftcg said:

Every DJ owner right now:

Now that’s a classic. 

Great return, thank you.