Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Virginia police officer suspended after turning in suspected undocumented immigrant over to ICE

What a cuck of a state and federal government.  Liberals "winning" (in their own heads)  as more and more of this kind of crap is happening ....unless/until the right fights back.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-police-officer-suspended-after-turning-in-suspected-undocumented-immigrant-over-to-ice

Also, CNN mad as hell that that Trump doesn't let in 100% of all illegal aliens from everywhere in the world, and force republican voters to take care of them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/politics/new-york-times-trump-shoot-migrants-legs/index.html

Democrats also saying that any individual or member of law enforcement that infringes on the well being of any illegal or undocumented immigrant in the United States will face a $250,000 fine and/or 2 years in federal prison.   This includes any negative connotations of any illegal immigrant, or, not hiring one based on their illegal immigrant status. 

Give us your diseased, your sick, your violent, your lazy, your mentally ill and make the successful conservatives in this country pay for it all is the motto of the left. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and there are idiots like MDC, Honcho, Herbi, CBF who will defend this and make sure they call us racists for not defending this

With all the stories that come up daily about the left crapping on the country, it's hard not to get desensitized to it. But it's real. The mental illness of the left and their relentless attack on logic is never ending it seems. They want people to get tired of it all and not pay attention to the constant, endless garbage they spew. It bolsters their hate initiative.

The criminal had an ICE warrant that the officer was required to ignore. That is some training they have there.

Suspended for doing his job. I smell a lawsuit. 

I have two thoughts on this:

1. The dude broke a department policy and was suspended for it.

2. That policy sucks and should be changed.  It's ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

My god....I hope he sues them into dust.....

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

From the article...

The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law.

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

From the article...

The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law.

Dude had a federal warrant for failure to appear. Aren't LEO's required by law to arrest people with outstanding warrants?  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Dude had a federal warrant for failure to appear. Aren't LEO's required by law to arrest people with outstanding warrants?  :dunno:

The department said "no" since it was a civil violation.  He doesn't have to agree with the policy, but he does need to follow the policy.  Otherwise, you have rogue cops.  If you don't like it, get the policy changed.  

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Forgot to add this to my previous post...

The county has received several inquiries about federal changes in policies or procedures regarding immigrants.  We’ve heard the concerns about the federal government and planned U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids in our area.

Fairfax County does not and will not enforce civil federal immigration laws.  The federal courts have determined that the enforcement of civil immigration laws is solely a federal responsibility under the exclusive authority of ICE.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

I have two thoughts on this:

1. The dude broke a department policy and was suspended for it.

2. That policy sucks and should be changed.  It's ridiculous.

1. Correct

2.  They won't.  They're Democrats.

34 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The department said "no" since it was a civil violation.  He doesn't have to agree with the policy, but he does need to follow the policy.  Otherwise, you have rogue cops.  If you don't like it, get the policy changed.  

34 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Forgot to add this to my previous post...

The county has received several inquiries about federal changes in policies or procedures regarding immigrants.  We’ve heard the concerns about the federal government and planned U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids in our area.

Fairfax County does not and will not enforce civil federal immigration laws.  The federal courts have determined that the enforcement of civil immigration laws is solely a federal responsibility under the exclusive authority of ICE.

Wouldn't Federal Law trump department policy? If not, it should. An unlawful policy shouldn't be enforceable IMO.

Either way, hopefully he files a suit and it makes its way to SCOTUS. 

ETA: If I were this cop I'd just say "I wasn't enforcing any laws. I was simply detaining this individual so the the federal agency in charge could take custody of him so that THEY could enforce the law."

24 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Wouldn't Federal Law trump department policy? If not, it should. An unlawful policy shouldn't be enforceable IMO.

Either way, hopefully he files a suit and it makes its way to SCOTUS. 

ETA: If I were this cop I'd just say "I wasn't enforcing any laws. I was simply detaining this individual so the the federal agency in charge could take custody of him so that THEY could enforce the law."

There are state laws and there are Federal laws.  States have no jurisdiction to enforce Federal laws, which is what the department policy outlined.  It said do not enforce them because we have no jurisdiction and ICE has sole jurisdiction to enforce those laws.  

I think it will hinge on how clearly that policy was explained to the officer.  

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It seems one way to get the policy changed is to have a bunch of cops go rogue to bring the issue to forefront.

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

It seems one way to get the policy changed is to have a bunch of cops go rogue to bring the issue to forefront.

Or it could cause them to all get fired.  Cops are there to enforce the laws that they have jurisdiction over.  If they want to change policy, become one of the people that sets policy.  

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Or it could cause them to all get fired.  Cops are there to enforce the laws that they have jurisdiction over.  If they want to change policy, become one of the people that sets policy.  

Well going rogue seems to be working so far.