Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Police Body Cams Are Exonerating Far More Cops From False Allegations Than They Are Catching Misconduct

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

The one video where the cop did something wrong stays on the front page for 6 months.  In the end, they can use it to make it look like all cops are bad.

I agree with this and I actually take issue with the way each story is twisted to get outrage from certain communities. Just as the female officer who shot the guy in her apartment stated, she doesn't hate blacks. Why highlight this story at all?? Why constantly fan the flames or racial tensions that really don't exist outside of the news world.

I don't have any racial issues at all. I see people bending over backwards trying to be kind to one another. Maybe it's because I live in Atlanta...but I just think it's time to move forward.

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really? Have you not been paying attention the past few years? A kid was shot dead for playing in the park with toy gun. No police officer asked him a question or demanded that he stand up with his hands up, they just saw him and shot him. A guy was standing in Walmart looking at paper towels holding a toy machine gun that was sold at Walmart, and he was shot dead, no questions, no stop, no hey what are you doing, they just saw him and shot him. In both incidents no one had even been injured with the toy guns.

A psychiatrist was laying on the ground with his hands in the air and was still shot! The black guy in the car reaching for his wallet was shot because he told the police that he had a gun, but was following the directions to show his identification.

The bottom line is, black skin is seen as a threat and is simultaneously not valued in this country. It can't be open season on all blacks just because some don't follow the law.

Embellish much?

40 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really? Have you not been paying attention the past few years? A kid was shot dead for playing in the park with toy gun. No police officer asked him a question or demanded that he stand up with his hands up, they just saw him and shot him. A guy was standing in Walmart looking at paper towels holding a toy machine gun that was sold at Walmart, and he was shot dead, no questions, no stop, no hey what are you doing, they just saw him and shot him. In both incidents no one had even been injured with the toy guns.

A psychiatrist was laying on the ground with his hands in the air and was still shot! The black guy in the car reaching for his wallet was shot because he told the police that he had a gun, but was following the directions to show his identification.

The bottom line is, black skin is seen as a threat and is simultaneously not valued in this country. It can't be open season on all blacks just because some don't follow the law.

Excuses. 

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is absolutely untrue.  I've been harassed on multiple occasions when I was doing nothing wrong. 

What are the details? If you’re tell me it was 3:00 am and you were minding your own business- there you go. 

43 minutes ago, peenie said:

it's not all black baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

Easily as bad as any of your examples.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What are the details? If you’re tell me it was 3:00 am and you were minding your own business- there you go. 

There what goes?

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

There what goes?

If you’re out at 3:00 am like many of these so called victims of police brutality and get harassed then you should have seen it coming. That is why I asked for the details of your situations. If it was noon on a Wednesday and a cop harassed you then that is a problem. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

If you’re out at 3:00 am like many of these so called victims of police brutality and get harassed then you should have seen it coming. That is why I asked for the details of your situations. If it was noon on a Wednesday and a cop harassed you then that is a problem. 

Cops shouldnt harass you at 3am if youre not being a d!ck.

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

So it's ok for them to harass you at 3:00 AM?  :lol:

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

So it's ok for them to harass you at 3:00 AM?  :lol:

There is a reason they are doing so. Is it your right to be out at 3:00 am? Yes. You also know it may come with consequences. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

There is a reason they are doing so. Is it your right to be out at 3:00 am? Yes. You also know it may come with consequences. 

Thats the kinda cop that needs to go.  By all means, if you have suspicion of a crime, do your thing. Depending on your envioronment, lots of 3am behavior could be disorderly. Otherwise, leave people alone.  

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Well, none of my examples are anything like that.  But I don't feel like continuing this discussion with someone predisposed to thinking there are "consequences" to being out at 3:00 AM and doing nothing wrong. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Is there any other side to the story? How much you want to bet that I can find a different link with a different side to the story.  Then lemme guess, your link is the correct, well, because Trump. ?   And true, body cams would help in these situations, but you're very one sided in your description. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

It's not "open season".  they are looked at as higher risk.   Is that fair? 

https://www.authoritypm.com/2015/08/11/rental-property-and-aggressive-dog-breeds/

"

The following is a list of dog breeds that consistently are found on most insurance companies blacklist:
  • Pit Bull Terriers
  • Staffordshire Terriers
  • Rottweilers
  • German Shepherds
  • Presa Canarios
  • Chows Chows
  • Doberman Pinschers
  • Akitas
  • Wolf-hybrids
  • Mastiffs
  • Cane Corsos
  • Great Danes
  • Alaskan Malamutes
  • Siberian Huskies                                      
Insurance Companies evaluate the risk, the financial risk and possible claims their company may have to pay out. Claims associated with dogs can get very costly. If your insurance company does not know you have a “dangerous” dog and they find out, your policy may immediately be canceled or non-renewed."

So, tell me Peenie....the evil landlords got together one night and said "lets make a fake list of the dangerous dogs.....then get people to try to believe that these dogs are actually higher risk or more dangerous than other dogs" 

Or do ya 'spose that list was created by using some other means? 

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Joke right?  Link? I have to see this

Yes.  Just taking the CNN angle. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Well, none of my examples are anything like that.  But I don't feel like continuing this discussion with someone predisposed to thinking there are "consequences" to being out at 3:00 AM and doing nothing wrong. 

I don’t think it should be a crime to be out at 3:00 am. My entire point was that it is not hard to avoid interaction with police. I have no use for them and that’s why I do not interact. 

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thats the kinda cop that needs to go.  By all means, if you have suspicion of a crime, do your thing. Depending on your envioronment, lots of 3am behavior could be disorderly. Otherwise, leave people alone.  

You can thank those birches at mother’s against drunk driving for that. 

5 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Is there any other side to the story? How much you want to bet that I can find a different link with a different side to the story.  Then lemme guess, your link is the correct, well, because Trump. ?   And true, body cams would help in these situations, but you're very one sided in your description. 

https://www.authoritypm.com/2015/08/11/rental-property-and-aggressive-dog-breeds/

"

The following is a list of dog breeds that consistently are found on most insurance companies blacklist:
  • Pit Bull Terriers
  • Staffordshire Terriers
  • Rottweilers
  • German Shepherds
  • Presa Canarios
  • Chows Chows
  • Doberman Pinschers
  • Akitas
  • Wolf-hybrids
  • Mastiffs
  • Cane Corsos
  • Great Danes
  • Alaskan Malamutes
  • Siberian Huskies                                      
Insurance Companies evaluate the risk, the financial risk and possible claims their company may have to pay out. Claims associated with dogs can get very costly. If your insurance company does not know you have a “dangerous” dog and they find out, your policy may immediately be canceled or non-renewed."

So, tell me Peenie....the evil landlords got together one night and said "lets make a fake list of the dangerous dogs.....then get people to try to believe that these dogs are actually higher risk or more dangerous than other dogs" 

Yes.  Just taking the CNN angle. 

Blacklist? 

Racist!!!!

3 hours ago, peenie said:

I don't want the data to be wrong. Please try not to group everyone together, especially since the person you all are quoting isn't even black.

Black people are not against the police. Even the protestors are not against the police, they just want fair treatment.

Well, SOMEBODY is grouping everyone together.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Then lemme guess, your link is the correct, well, because Trump. ?   And true, body cams would help in these situations, but you're very one sided in your description. 

• Doberman Pinschers

I'm not anti-Trump.

I think yes, there is definitely a reason for fear of blacks: high crime rate (due to high poverty, due to segregation and unequal access to good education and employment)

Dobermans are my favorite dog but I'll never own one because I heard they are very smart and need a strong owner. I'm too much of a pushover. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm not anti-Trump.

I think yes, there is definitely a reason for fear of blacks: high crime rate (due to high poverty, due to segregation and unequal access to good education and employment)

Dobermans are my favorite dog but I'll never own one because I heard they are very smart and need a strong owner. I'm too much of a pushover. 

Uh huh. :lol:

1 hour ago, peenie said:

(due to high poverty, due to segregation and unequal access to good education and employment)

So, why in the fuk hasnt 40 years of Dem programs aimed(supposedly) at ending poverty, crime, etc fixed the problem?  

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So, why in the fuk hasnt 40 years of Dem programs aimed(supposedly) at ending poverty, crime, etc fixed the problem?  

Easy-peasy. They don't focus on having people in poverty taking responsibility to overcome it. :dunno:

I have been poor when I went out on my own at an early age of 17 when I went out and did my own thing. The programs that are needed are not money from the government, they should be focusing on getting off their asses and going to work and being interested in something and going in that direction. And being smart. Be moral, else you will end up dead or in prison, and take on 10 jobs if necessary and be a good person. You will succeed eventually. 

I'm not anti-Trump.

So...why are some dogs on the list of dangerous dogs?  Why aren't all dogs? 

1.) Are some dogs discriminated against, have unequal access to "good behavior reward biscuits"?  

2.) Why are blacks more susceptible to sickle cell anemia ? 

3.) Why are American Indians more prone to be alcoholics?  Is it because white man drive indian to point of drinking? 

4.) Why don't whites have as may DB's and RB's in the NFL?  Is it discrimination?  Did the black man take away the white man's ability to run fast?  

5.) Why do Pakis and Eastern Indians do better in spelling bees than the white kids? 

What kind of bizarre answers will you come up with?

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

7 hours ago, peenie said:

When I was a kid. Like 10 or so. My friend's family on the block where I lived had a doberman. They kept it in the basement when anyone came over to visit. Then, if I was there, and they wanted to take the dog out they would say to me, don't move, just sit in the chair and then the dog would march directly outside. No detours. 

Always scared the crap out of me. That dog looked mean.

Always been partial to the Boxer breed.  Good natured, fun and friendly, loves to play, but does require some activity to work out all their energy.....better in pairs than alone.  Their appearance is a little intimidating to some people, but behind it is mostly a wuss, will defend your family though....great dogs

17 hours ago, riversco said:

That depends upon if you trust journalists or not.  Bad journalists that are anti-cop will bury all stories where there is video footage exonerating cops, while highlighting all stories where there is footage of cops in the wrong.  You could have 100 videos of good cops and they all get buried.  The one video where the cop did something wrong stays on the front page for 6 months.  In the end, they can use it to make it look like all cops are bad.

It's not about journalists... it's about a judge that actually has power over the affected person's life.  That's where the cameras are saving people.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:25 AM, tubby_mcgee said:

2.) Why are blacks more susceptible to sickle cell anemia ? 

3.) Why are American Indians more prone to be alcoholics?  Is it because white man drive indian to point of drinking? 

4.) Why don't whites have as may DB's and RB's in the NFL?  Is it discrimination?  Did the black man take away the white man's ability to run fast?  

5.) Why do Pakis and Eastern Indians do better in spelling bees than the white kids?

5) Because they study harder

4) Why weren't there black DB, RB and WR in the 60's? 

3) I think there is some intolerance that runs in that population, an inability to process alcohol or some such. 

3) Not blacks/Africans, but populations that evolved near water. It just so happens that most slaves were taken from those population so it seems that it's a black thing when in fact it's a genetic response to deal with mosquitoes/malaria. Indians and Italians also are high risk and there are Africans that have no risk at all. 

What's your point?

On 10/2/2019 at 10:21 PM, Fireballer said:

It has fixed the problem for many. Where have you been? It fixed the problem for me.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

It has fixed the problem for many. Where have you been? It fixed the problem for me.

Certainly individuals get out, but on a macro level things do not appear to be better and in fact appear to be getting worse in many inner cities.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Have to chime in here, what it has fixed most prominently is misconception. This was always going to be a win, for pretty much everyone. But its most meaningful value is the  elimination of the bullsh!t about police brutality being a focused on some group. Hence the virulent reaction to the data on the part of those dependent on this false bullsh!t being true. If you take away the whining, what are you left with, individual accountability, and that terrifies people.

I say every single cop should have these.  To ensure we have good data on their individual behaviors, to train them, or get rid of them, but as important to end the crybaby tactics of whining about being held accountable to the law as some kind of mean and unfair thing.

Time to grow up, these cameras look like a fine way to help that

Blacks living below the poverty level:

1959 = 55%

2018 = 20%

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

1959 = 55%

2018 = 20%

Thank god.  The problem is solved.  Now we can do away with all race based preferential treatment!!!

1959 = 55%

2018 = 20%

Youbthink it was welfare that did that? It wasn't. It was due to education and access to civil service jobs. Quickest route out of poverty.  

6 hours ago, peenie said:

1959 = 55%

2018 = 20%

The good news, Trump's presidency is likely to lower it to less than 5%, employed people tend to not be poor, mobility in the US economy is ever present.

Funny, I was talking to someone who was anti-Trump and assumed I was anti-Trump too. I explained that I wasn't and why: strong military, keeping our borders safe and a strong economy. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, peenie said:

4) Why weren't there black DB, RB and WR in the 60's? 

3) I think there is some intolerance that runs in that population, an inability to process alcohol or some such. 

3) Not blacks/Africans, but populations that evolved near water. It just so happens that most slaves were taken from those population so it seems that it's a black thing when in fact it's a genetic response to deal with mosquitoes/malaria. Indians and Italians also are high risk and there are Africans that have no risk at all. 

What's your point?

Look up this guy named Jim Brown. He was a decent RB in the NFL during the 60’s.

15 hours ago, peenie said:

What's your point?

I'll prove my point by addressing just one of your answers.  It will be simpler this way.

The Pakis/Indis study harder?   Okay, Why?  Why don't whities study as hard?

Funny, I was talking to someone who was anti-Trump and assumed I was anti-Trump too. I explained that I wasn't and why: strong military, keeping our borders safe and a strong economy. 

What's funny is you don't understand what you are. You presume yourself to be "woke" on everything. It's hilarious. 

On 10/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, peenie said:

You still haven't answered me.  Why do they (Eastern Indians and Pakis) study harder than whites?

This could be a long process bringing this full circle back to where it will eventually end up...so...I'll speed things up.

They study harder (sure, we will go with that)  because its in their genetics. Its in their upbringing. Its in their culture.    Studying has a higher level of importance to them, than it does white folk.    People are different.

Now, why do Pits attack more than Golden Retrievers.  Same answer.  Dogs are different.

Why do blacks loot, steal and commit violent felonies at a higher rate than whites?  Its in their genetics. Its in their upbringing. Its in their culture.  Same reason why they run faster.  People are different. 

I get that the liberal code  says "we are all equal, all the same, all cut from the same cloth, all have the same strengths, weakness and faults". I also get that the liberal code says "if a liberal says it, go along with.  Don't think on your own. Don't go by what you see, go by what the liberal code says. Pretend reality doesn't exist"

It takes a lot of strength to watch reality go by day after day and then not only tell yourself, but others, that what we are seeing with our eyes is some big illusion, secretly planted in our minds by the white man.  So kudos to you for that. I'll hand it to you, you do a great job of standing by the code.   Stay strong.

I think people all are genetically different, and different people can have different behaviors and tendencies,  some learned, some influenced by genetics.

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree.