Sign in to follow this  
[echo]

any news on Ben Watson? (TE spot is killing me..)

I have Vernon Davis.. after Njoku went down.. its been horrible..

i grabbed Watson to be sneaky, maybe TB12 will want to toss to a TE.. plus AB is gone... grabbing at straws here..

I have Eifert and Watson in one league. Eifert has a top TE matchup this week, hoping Watson can suck less than Cook has after that. 

Check out Herndon if he is still out there. 

Same boat.  14 team PPR league, with 25 roster spots.  Waiver wire is pretty much non-existent.  Drafted Reed, Davis & Watson.  Hoping Watson at least can get me 6-8 points per week...I don’t need him to be Gronk in his prime.

i grabbed watson too because up until now ive been sneaking points out of cameron brate. brates biggest upside is the added trash i get to talk everytime he catches a pass lol.

i could go Brate.. ugh.. Njoku why have you forsaken me ??!!?!?!??

Watson played less than 50% of the snaps last year in New Orleans.  He will be a part time fill-in here as well.  He is coming off a 4 week vacation.

More importantly, he was not spotted at the media portion of practice today when it would have been his first sighting since coming off suspension.  I would also note that he is still not on the active roster and the Patriots are using a roster exemption for him. 

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Watson played less than 50% of the snaps last year in New Orleans.  He will be a part time fill-in here as well.  He is coming off a 4 week vacation.

Maybe so, but New Orleans had (and still has) a credible option in Josh Hill.

Matt LaCosse and Ryan Izzo aren't getting ANYTHING done for the Patriots (average of 1 reception per game between the 2 of them), so Watson is going to have some opportunities going forward.

Lol problem is the pats don’t have a te. 

Watson looks like he will fill that void just nicely. 

Hes not going to light it up, but he is worth a stash and start over a lot of uselsss te1 right now. 

Hockensen is now hurt,the owner of him might find mr Watson a very valuable asset. 

Not anymore. 

Means that Watson no longer will be filling the void at te for the Patriots since we was released. 

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m a little surprised at his release, but he is older than dirt 

There were $2m reasons. They need the money for another WR. 

izzo and lacoste (or what ever his name is..)

brutal.

Hijacking this thread a little (since Watson is no longer particularly relevant for fantasy): Where are people who were counting on him -- or have Waller on bye, or who are fed up with Howard -- turning for this week? Top options seem to be Herndon and Everett. Weird that Rams have never had a particularly TE-friendly offense under McVay, but Everett really seems to be coming on the past few weeks, probably concurrent with Higbee's injury.

I have OJ Howard, Hockenson, and Ebron.  I'm trying to add Gerald Everett and Chris Herndon.  I'll be carrying 5 tight ends if I get them both.  We have mandatory start 2 TEs though.

Do we hold Watson ?  I have J. Cook who scored his first TD (after I was ready to bench him)...., but I'm liking Everett who's on our WW.

I wouldn’t hold him. He just got released from the team which would have presented his best opportunity. Guess they did him a favor, to help him complete suspension. 

3 hours ago, plasma george said:

Do we hold Watson ?  I have J. Cook who scored his first TD (after I was ready to bench him)...., but I'm liking Everett who's on our WW.

Not only wouldn’t I hold him, he’s not even No. 1 on the list of former Pats TEs I would waste a speculative roster spot on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Guess they did him a favor, to help him complete suspension. 

They also paid him $600k signing bonus.  The door is not closed on bringing him back at a later time.  

I don't understand what the Pats are doing anymore.  First the AB thing and now Watson.  $600k down the tube?  For what?....

39 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

I don't understand what the Pats are doing anymore.  First the AB thing and now Watson.  $600k down the tube?  For what?....

Watson move was just a low-risk thing that didn’t pan out. AB move was uncharacteristically stupid and I said that before all the lawsuits started coming out. Dude was unhinged and had just shot himself out of Oakland.

8 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Another Super Bowl Win.